Hey guys! After going from Blackberry to burner phone (Androids) to Windows Phone, I've decided to buy a BlackBerry Q5. What are the pros and cons of the device (according to you, not official reviews)...?

What apps would you recommend?

Will the phone last in hard-working environments that involve heavy lifting or not? I use my phone as a music player when working.

I'm just happy to be back on the BlackBerry train.
    02-07-14 02:00 AM
    I have a Q10 but I would bet that the Q5 is built well and should hold up well. I find that the smaller screen size suits my needs fine.

A lot of people recommend Neutron Player but I honestly can't get my playlists to play. The native player works just fine. Also the Q5 will have a built in FM tuner to listen to radio without using your data.

I'm sure you will want a case and I recommend a nite-ize locking phone clip and an Incipio feather case, perfect for pocket carrying. I do hard work and need my phone to stay in one spot yet stay close to my body.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    AidenSurvival likes this.
    02-07-14 02:07 AM
    I really don't use other music players other than the stock anyway. Doesn't the Q5 only have a built-in tuner activated with the lastest 10.2.1 update? And, gotcha (on the case part).

Although, I have to find a heavy duty case. I lift up to 150lbs. (Clerk/Local Sort loader at UPS)

My other question is: Since the device is factory unlocked, will I receive updates faster and bypass the carrier? As far as I know, T-Mobile does not carry the Q5. I fear I have to install the OS from other sources myself.
    02-07-14 04:26 AM
    Q5 is a great phone for sure ;-) The OS is smooth and everything flows well. It is good also for playing games if you feel comfortable with the screen. The keyboard is great and some people prefer it over the Q10's keyboard! Build quality is good even if Q10 fell a bit better in your hands. If you buy a great pair of hearphones the audio quality is more than nice ;-) Only thing a bit annoying is the 8GB storage but if you do not plan to install a lot of 3D games it will not be a problem after all!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:58 AM
    After a week when all the gestures are second nature you will be trying to sell all your friends. I prefer it to my z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:59 PM