Hi,

The price in Denmark is finally low enough for me to buy a Q5. However, the one the webshops are selling is the qwertz version aka. the German version. Danes use the normal qwerty. So, my question is, when I choose Danish as the language, won't the phone think that the keyboard is a qwerty instead of a qwertz? And if that's true can't I just order a qwerty keyboard and replace it?
    03-10-14 02:48 PM
    There is an option that allows you to switch between the qwerty and the qwerz keyboards. If you decide to switch to BlackBerry it will be a decision you won't regret. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 02:50 PM
    There is an option that allows you to switch between the qwerty and the qwerz keyboards. If you decide to switch to BlackBerry it will be a decision you won't regret. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I've seen that as well. However, I don't suppose all languages are available as qwertz.
    03-10-14 02:54 PM
    Hi... I think the "only" difference is the position of Z and Y... the rest is same.

I looked, Dansk is supported! You can install/chose 3 languages so I introduced Dansk, and I downloaded the dictionary without a problem.

As said, your country is supported! Here some Screenshots:

I might buy my first BB-img_20140310_214945.png

I might buy my first BB-img_20140310_214939.png

I might buy my first BB-img_20140310_215014.png

Can you try the phone? If you want a keyboard, take it! If you want a full touch BB, chose Z10 or even Z30... If you are not absolutely sure, are not fond of the hub, gesture, Remember, photo/Camera software, or other BB-features (check-out the demo in the official site) then chose an other phone that appeals to you...

When I saw the Q10, I knew I wanted it! Cheers.

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    03-10-14 03:59 PM
    He's going for a q5 (cost) and knows the language is supported. He's trying to determine how that is impacted by the prints in the keys. which sounds like it's just a toggle option.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-10-14 04:02 PM
    You have only capital letters on the Keyboard... when you write, you get for example when you long press "a": this window and you can tap on the letter you wand � for example... here's "o" long tapped: and you can chose �...
    2 screenshots:

I might buy my first BB-img_20140310_220121.png

I might buy my first BB-img_20140310_220202.png

I always have the letters, even if I did not install the language... the language dictionary is for Auto-correct and word prediction... as said, there is only a difference of position of the keys...

I just noticed, in the shortcut page, Z and Y are inverted here on my Q10 German QWERTZ and I have no problems in my speed dialing! The telephone number is allotted to the key, not to the letter... so every thing is okay here.

Your choice! Your move! Cheers.

Fynbo likes this.
    03-10-14 04:06 PM
    He's going for a q5 (cost) and knows the language is supported. He's trying to determine how that is impacted by the prints in the keys. which sounds like it's just a toggle option.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Yep, I found it is in the options of the language if he choses Dansk:

I might buy my first BB-img_20140310_220726.png

The decision is his... the features are there!

Fynbo likes this.
    03-10-14 04:09 PM
    Thanks a lot for your fast answers.

Yes, what I'm asking is this: If I change the language to Danish, will the physical Y result in a Z and vice versa?

Also, I've seen this screenshot suggesting that some languages work with both qwerty and qwertz keyboards: I might buy my first BB-image.jpg
    03-10-14 04:14 PM
    And also, is the only difference between the qwerty and qwertz devices the symbols on the keyboards. I mean, if I change the qwertz keyboard with a qwerty keyboard the phone won't be 'locked' to a qwertz design, right?
    03-10-14 04:37 PM
    Thanks a lot for your fast answers.

Yes, what I'm asking is this: If I change the language to Danish, will the physical Y result in a Z and vice versa?

Also, I've seen this screenshot suggesting that some languages work with both qwerty and qwertz keyboards: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	884 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	254075
    Yes, if you chose another lay out, the letters are changed by the device (not the keys) so typing "z" will result in "y" and vice versa... give me 2 min, I make experiment/proof with screen shots... C U!

03-10-14 04:39 PM
    Yep, I found it is in the options of the language if he choses Dansk:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140310_220726.png 
Views:	893 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	254072

The decision is his... the features are there!

AWESOME! Didn't read your post well enough. This answers my questions Danish can be used with both a qwerty and a qwertz keyboard, it seems
    03-10-14 04:42 PM
    This is the 1st:

I might buy my first BB-img_20140310_224015.png

Writes: "QWERTZ" when I use my german Keyboard.

This is the secound: "QWERTY" when I use my english keyboard (funny, I just type z for y)

This is the third: "AZERTY" when I use my french keyboard...

You can toggle with [alt]+[enter] between the languages... you are shown this window:

I might buy my first BB-img_20140310_224453.png

As said, I set up German/English/French coz these are the languages I talk... But it is in reality only a phyisical switching... you have only the Z and Y reverted... you can get used to it... or if not, change the Y into Z by changing the Keyboard language.

03-10-14 04:51 PM
    And also, is the only difference between the qwerty and qwertz devices the symbols on the keyboards. I mean, if I change the qwertz keyboard with a qwerty keyboard the phone won't be 'locked' to a qwertz design, right?
    Right... I explained it above, too...

I do not know if you can "easily change the keys" coz some arab friends want their arabic letters and purchase a keyboard made in china, clicky, but where the arabic letters are shown. Then they toggle between the keyboard languages... so you can buy a "qwerty" and then go to settings and change the lay out by your self... As said, for our both languages, it is only Z and Y... the French is more difficult: Q/A, W/Y and Y/Z... that's why some French users struggle with it!

03-10-14 04:58 PM
    Hi, how much is the Q5 in Denmark. I'm thinking about switching from the Z10...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 05:04 PM
    Hi, how much is the Q5 in Denmark. I'm thinking about switching from the Z10...

Posted via CB10
    It's just under 1.900 DKK ~ 250 €.
    03-11-14 03:35 AM
    This is the 1st:

Name:	IMG_20140310_224015.png 
Views:	486 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	254083

Writes: "QWERTZ" when I use my german Keyboard.

This is the secound: "QWERTY" when I use my english keyboard (funny, I just type z for y)

This is the third: "AZERTY" when I use my french keyboard...

You can toggle with [alt]+[enter] between the languages... you are shown this window:

Name:	IMG_20140310_224453.png 
Views:	485 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	254084

As said, I set up German/English/French coz these are the languages I talk... But it is in reality only a phyisical switching... you have only the Z and Y reverted... you can get used to it... or if not, change the Y into Z by changing the Keyboard language.

Thanks a lot for your help I'd appreciate it if you would try the following:

1) Change the keyboard settings to Danish and the qwertz_nb layout.

2) Type the following words: ydelse, nydelse, yngling and let me know if the dictionary acts up (it shouldn't since these are Danish words)

Thanks in advance
    03-11-14 03:38 AM
    Just ordered it Can't wait for my first ever BB phone!
    03-11-14 03:11 PM
    Just ordered it Can't wait for my first ever BB phone!
    Glad to read... type them yourself and say it to me!
    No seriously: you have your keyboard, even if "german", it doesn't matter!
    QWERTZUIOP
    ASDFGHJKL[del]
    [alt]YXCVBBNMM?[Enter]
    [shift]0[space][sym][shift]
    Will be the physical key order.
    So when you type "zorro" or ?zero? you symply tap the letter next to the "T" on the first row... If you have a problem with that because you type on your computer blindfold and always write "yero" because you "think" the Z is in the 3rd row before "X" then, simply change the "virtual keyboard" in dansk so you do not "mistype" when your write "zero"... I think you rapidly get used to it... I typed on a french keyboard "AZERTY" when I was student... it is completely messed up, even the "M" is on another place... believe me... Z/Y only is not a problem...

Please tell us how it is and please ask us again if you need further help...
    We'll help in other (more important things/issues??) fields for sure!

Oh, the cam, I use 1:1 white board mode, never flash! As my standard photo mode. So in between ;-)

I am happy for you (did not really believe you'll order)... Well done! Good luck with the device!

03-11-14 04:39 PM
    Glad to read... type them yourself and say it to me!
    No seriously: you have your keyboard, even if "german", it doesn't matter!
    QWERTZUIOP
    ASDFGHJKL[del]
    [alt]YXCVBBNMM?[Enter]
    [shift]0[space][sym][shift]
    Will be the physical key order.
    So when you type "zorro" or ?zero? you symply tap the letter next to the "T" on the first row... I you have a problem with that because you type on your computer blindfold and always write "yero" because you "think" the Z is in the 3rd row before "X" then, symply change the "virtual keyboard" in dansk so you do not "mistype" when your write "zero"... I think you rapidly get used to it... I typed on a french keyboard "AZERTY" when I was student... it is completely messed up, even the "M" is on another place... believe me... Z/Y only is not a problem...

Please tell us how it is and please ask us again if you need further help...
    We'll help in other (more important things/issues??) fields for sure!

Oh, the cam, I use 1:1 white board mode, never flash! As my standard photo mode. So in between ;-)

I am happy for you (did not really believe you'll order)... Well done! Good luck with the device!

Thanks Haven't really heard about double typing issues on the q5, only on the q10. Didn't think it was an issue on the q5
    03-11-14 04:43 PM
    Thanks Haven't really heard about double typing issues on the q5, only on the q10. Didn't think it was an issue on the q5
    That's why I deleted the text... but you read before I edited!
    Keep us informed ;-)

Fynbo likes this.
    03-11-14 04:45 PM
    Today I got an email from the shop saying that they didn't have it in stock after all

I did a bit of searching and actually found a shop that had it in stock AND in red! So, just ordered that and should receive it within 2-3 days. Can't wait!
    KermEd likes this.
    03-12-14 07:00 AM