BlackBerry Q5 gets a Rs 6,000 price cut - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

I paid INR 25,500/- for the Q5 on 2nd Dec 2013.
    Today the MRP is 13990/- which probably means etailers like flipkart will be selling for much much lesser than the MRP. (Max retail Price)
    Which is less than half of what I paid, a little over half a year ago.

I m going to court. How many of you want to join me????? Contemplating on filing a class action suit

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 03:36 AM
    You really dont expect your phone to not lose its value over time?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 03:48 AM
    Um.......ok.

Of course it's going to go down in price.
    07-27-14 03:55 AM
    This is ridiculous. What do you expect, that a cheap low end device that didn't sell well is going to do, charge more? Also I get the going to court thing is probably said in jest but I feel obligated to tell you that there's no legal basis to sue BlackBerry on this. It's like the saying goes early subscribers get screwed. That's not anything new though

Posted via CB10
    afhstingray, bbnrs and Donnierock like this.
    07-27-14 03:56 AM
    Electronics are quick to drop in price. Next time hold out longer to get a cheaper price.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 04:10 AM
    The way it's going, looks like the company is trying to get rid of stocks by any means to get a little money instead of letting the stock rot on the shelf. But more than 50% drop in less than 6 months is just an insult to the previous buyers.

LOUIS VUITTON burns stuff that's not sold, to help maintain exclusivity to its buyers who have paid thro their nose for a product like that. Don't expect something like that from a cheap brand like blackberry, but atleast with my 9900, the prices were very stable and for a pretty long time. Paid top dollar for their 9900 then and made me feel good too, as prices stayed there for a reasonable time.
    Honda imported 100 Hybrid Civics into India. Just like BlackBerry, they sold the last 90 of them with a super hugh discount, but did refund to the first ten buyers the difference, as a goodwill gesture. Fiat did the same with their UNO models in India, cheesed off some senior bureaucrat, who had got one at the non discounted price and the rumour is that they had to pay through their nose for it, a bitter lesson for Fiat as they had to pay the excise duty to the Govt of India on the un discounted price even after they had sold off some of their cars for less than half the listed MRP.

Of course, electronics loose value, but then this beats it all.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 05:09 AM
    I do not see how it's an insult. Pre-ordered my Z10 at launch for $600, within half a year the price dropped to about $400, now it's around $250. It's just middle school economics at work: it's not selling and it's piling up, so they drive the price down to move the stocks

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    Nemzy, acovey, jaydee5799 and 4 others like this.
    07-27-14 05:13 AM
    Lol! Firstly, it happens all the time! Secondly, Most of us here bought ours when we didn't even know what was gonna happen to the company. So stop the rant and nobody is stopping you from ditching the phone and going to some other platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 05:27 AM
    I am not against blackberry, I admire the company but if you want a smartphone that still retain close to the original price after 6 months of use. Buy an iPhone. Because they sell very well, it is very valuable and you will see that the money that you paid 6 months ago is almost at the same rate.
    Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    07-27-14 06:17 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:43 AM
    Court? Are you serious? This is true for all BlackBerry devices... everybody knows it! fastest depreciating pieces of technology on the market. Nothing new.
    07-27-14 08:03 AM
    Doesn't this happen to phones of all brands. Samsung s4 was about 50k at launch, now it's selling around 25k

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    07-27-14 08:27 AM
    BlackBerry Q5 gets a Rs 6,000 price cut - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

Today the MRP is 13990/- which probably means etailers like flipkart will be selling for much much lesser than the MRP. (Max retail Price)

I m going to court. How many of you want to join me????? Contemplating on filing a class action suit

Posted via CB10
    You sir, are an id**t.

Do you know what the depreciation is like on tech devices vs cars?
    opteron7, bbnrs, kadthekid and 1 others like this.
    07-27-14 09:28 AM
    It is okay. It is expected. The prices of electronics drop all the time. I feel the same way. Blackberry cheated us.
    07-27-14 09:30 AM
    Are you serious? As technology advances and new devices come available prices on old technology drops dramatically because it's out of date.

This might be the stupidest post I've ever seen.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    afhstingray and bbnrs like this.
    07-27-14 10:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    you need to get in the real world .................its the way things are
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-27-14 10:33 AM
    Are you kidding me? You do realise that BlackBerry is not exactly making any profit on these devices. They are trying to realise some revenue at least even if it is at a loss. I think you and the OP are being very unreasonable. The prices will fall and even more if the devices have not been in high demand. As advised by someone else, next time buy the device 6 months after launch so you won't feel cheated. Others will be enjoying their devices for 6 months before you get yours and after you get yours, they will already be looking forward to the next new set of devices.
    07-27-14 10:34 AM
    Hello there, are you serious, they didnt make you buying it, did they?
    07-27-14 10:44 AM
    However much everyone tries to defend it, slashing prices so heavily just isn't cool. 50% price reduction is just what samsung does which is why people buying those phone are called id**ts. Prices of electronics are supposed to go down but definitely not like this. Personally, I have lost faith from BlackBerry's pricing strategy. At one point of time, the Z10 was cheaper than than the Q5 even though it had better specs. And now, Q5 is cheaper by 2K than the Z3 which has lesser RAM. Dont know why is everyone trying to defend the price cuts. Blackberry isn't supposed to go this, this is samsung's way! And also btw, the Q10 is now selling for 23K! And it launched 45K. Now tell me, who will buy a Blackberry at launch?
    tx ram likes this.
    07-27-14 10:45 AM
    Good luck with that. What are you going to sue them for? The money you payed for the device?
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    07-27-14 10:53 AM
    It's no different then buying a new car and then the new model comes out.. The car you just bought is less..

You going to sue car manufacturers or any other company that does price drops or release new models....
    07-27-14 10:56 AM
    However much everyone tries to defend it, slashing prices so heavily just isn't cool. 50% price reduction is just what samsung does which is why people buying those phone are called id**ts.
    You sir, are another id**t.

Even apple cuts prices of its older models when they launch newer ones. Thing is, blackberry has nothing new to launch. Would you prefer BlackBerry just stops selling all its products and tell customers, oh please wait till September for our passport, it's not ready yet.

This is beyond stupidity. this is batsh*t insane stupidity.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-27-14 10:58 AM
    It's unfortunate that this happened... I purchased my BlackBerry Z10 at launch. Paying a premium to get what I wanted.
    The unfortunate situation for you, you bought and it dropped in price shortly afterward.
    You never know what the market will do, just enjoy the device you purchased and don't think of the price again.
    07-27-14 11:02 AM
    And by the way Amritv,

In your other thread you said you saved up for a year to buy your phone. Please get your priorities and financial sense in order...
    tx ram and Shadowyugi like this.
    07-27-14 11:03 AM
    However much everyone tries to defend it, slashing prices so heavily just isn't cool.
    Obligatory "this is why we can't have nice things" quote

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-27-14 11:15 AM
90 123 ...