I know... not another "I just got my xxx" thread but I can't help it!

I've been a big BlackBerry guy going back to 2007 when I got my first RIM device (Pearl 8100). I was super stoked for the BB10 launch in January, 2013 and got a black Z10 on day 1 replacing my 9900 as my personal daily driver. I then replaced my work 9360 with a white Q10 in the summer and started experiencing the best of both BB10 worlds. When the Z30 came out I started salivating and eventually picked up a white unit from a BlackBerry contact through the Employee Purchase Plan. It is now my personal daily driver replacing the Z10.

Finally today I got the last piece to complete my BB10 collection through my BlackBerry contact again... a red Q5... and I love it!

This is a nice tight little device and takes me back to the days when I was rocking the 8900. It works like a dream on the latest 10.2.1 leak and I just love how slick this phone looks in red. It also feels like it can take a beating like the legacy devices so I will definitely be rocking this one naked.

And with my beloved 49ers about to make another Super Bowl run, I've decided that this red rocket will be my playoff edition work phone! Let's just hope they can get past the Panthers this Sunday!

Got my new red Q5 today and I love it!!!-img_20140107_153224.jpg

Got my new red Q5 today and I love it!!!-img_20140107_211955.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:52 PM
    01-07-14 08:56 PM
    Sweet phone! Nice to see someone so pumped about the q5!

Personally, I've been on the edge about getting the q5, but I'd choose it over the q10 in a heartbeat; I had the Curve, I prefer that keyboard. I currently have the z10, and have been a little concerned about missing the screen size. Do you miss the real estate, coming from both the 10 and 30, or do you get used to it?

Congrats on the lineup, btw! (BlackBerry lineup, don't watch football myself. I'm Canadian, when I couldn't find the puck, I turned the channel :P)
    01-07-14 08:57 PM
    Sweet phone! Nice to see someone so pumped about the q5!

Personally, I've been on the edge about getting the q5, but I'd choose it over the q10 in a heartbeat; I had the Curve, I prefer that keyboard. I currently have the z10, and have been a little concerned about missing the screen size. Do you miss the real estate, coming from both the 10 and 30, or do you get used to it?

Congrats on the lineup, btw! (BlackBerry lineup, don't watch football myself. I'm Canadian, when I couldn't find the puck, I turned the channel :P)
    I'm Canadian as well (Toronto) but the Leafs = heart ache and I just can't get into the Argos despite having been a season ticket holder for several years. I'm an NFL junkie though... it truly is the king of sports IMO. But I'll focus my attention on the NHL and MLB once the Super Bowl is over. And GO TEAM CANADA IN SOCHI!!!

About your question regarding screen size... my qwerty phones I use only for work. The Zs I use for play. I did try using Q10 as my personal driver for a weekend over the Z10 but just could not adjust to the screen size. Now with the gorgeous Z30, I could never go back to the Z10!

That said, when it comes to hammering out emails and staying connected for work, nothing beats the BlackBerry qwerty keyboard...NOTHING! I regularly write long emails on my Q and never miss a beat. There's never any "eh, I'll respond to that email when I'm back at my desk" excuses with these beauties!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:13 PM
    Beautiful phone! Congratulations!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:18 PM
    I have all the BB10 devices except the Q10. Nothing beats pounding out emails on a great keyboard. I do love the Z30 and it's really an all-star device but there is this satisfaction from using a great keyboard that can't be matched by a glass touch screen. The universal search function is works so well with a keyboard. I can't imagine being this productive on any other OS (I've tried them all). Enjoy your Red Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-07-14 09:48 PM
    Lovely mobile OP. Congratulations and enjoy!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    01-07-14 09:48 PM
    The Q5 is a great proposition. It feels quite a bit cheaper in your hand than than the Q10, but if you't care much about the plastic feel, you get a phone that is 95% of what the Q10 is, for 30% cheaper...

The red color contrasts well with the dark screen, looks great, and a phone that realy stands out in today's booring field of phones
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 01-08-14 at 08:50 AM.
    Morty2264 and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    01-07-14 09:51 PM
    The Q5 is a great proposition. It feels quite a bit cheaper in your hand than than the Q10, but if you't care much about the plastic feel, you get a phone that is 95% of what the Q10 is, for 30% cheaper...

The red color contrasts well with the dark screen, looks great, and a phone that realy stands out in today's booring field of phones
    Buy the BlackBerry Soft Shell Case (ACC-54693-101) for Q5 and the plastic feel vanishes. The case doesn't cause any overheating but it is winter.

Posted via CB10
    bspence87 likes this.
    01-12-14 07:26 PM
    Buy the BlackBerry Soft Shell Case (ACC-54693-101) for Q5 and the plastic feel vanishes. The case doesn't cause any overheating but it is winter.

Posted via CB10
    The keybaord still feels a bit on the cheap side, wich was what made me get the Q10. But design was, The Q5 doesn't loose anything to the Q10, and thios red color looks fantastic in such a booring field of smartphones.

And the performance is pretty much equal to the Q10, the trade of is very little.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-12-14 07:43 PM
    Way to go, man! Beautiful phone, other than that awful 49 on the back, ugh!
    01-12-14 08:03 PM
    I wish they made Q10's in red!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 08:37 PM
    Woohoo! The Niners win and my playoff BlackBerry gets another week of relevance! On to play those dirty cheating SuckHawks!

Btw, it's been a week rocking this puppy and I'm loving the Chiclets style keys. I miss the clickity clack sound and the Q5 feels like my trusty 8900 on roids! Very happy with my purchase and now wondering if I'll ever go back to the Q10!

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-12-14 09:07 PM
    Outstanding color! I think it would look great with a black casing
    01-13-14 01:00 AM
    Mine's red with black casing and I think it looks pretty awesome

....and congrats! Glad to hear you are loving it.

Posted via (almost) buttonless operation of my LG G2/ BlackBerry Z30/red Q5
    01-13-14 04:12 AM
    I just sold my Q10 to a friend when I discovered I could get the body/back for the red dev. edition Z10 on ebay, because a red Z10 is, in my opinion, the only thing that could trump a Q10 (I have strange priorities when it comes to phones).

I still, however, covet the red Q5, but I feel like if I bought *another* phone my wife might kill me.

Thinking of switching back from Fido to Wind, though, so I might grab a Q5 from them and get the red parts from etradesupply or somewhere. Because I have a serious problem, and need help.

Balls, looks like etrade only has the red keys, but not the whole keyboard assembly. That's the one modification I didn't make to my Q10... I wonder how difficult it would be...
    01-13-14 08:46 AM
    The keybaord still feels a bit on the cheap side, wich was what made me get the Q10. But design was, The Q5 doesn't loose anything to the Q10, and thios red color looks fantastic in such a booring field of smartphones.

And the performance is pretty much equal to the Q10, the trade of is very little.
    Actually I find the physical keyboard of my BlackBerry Q5 to be very similar to my BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780. I agree with the remainder of your comments.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:57 PM
    Actually I find the physical keyboard of my BlackBerry Q5 to be very similar to my BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780. I agree with the remainder of your comments.

Posted via CB10
    I find it more like my old 8900... It's was plasticky but great to type, I was realy quick and accurate despite the small size.
    01-13-14 05:04 PM
    Wish it didn't have that shiny childish back... would have looked a lot better in matte..

Sticking with my Q10 until further notice!

Posted via SQN100-3 10.2.429
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-15-14 10:52 PM