Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a q5 off eBay to be my business phone, previously I have been using a dual SIM android but for various reasons (battery life, overheating, freezing) it's not working out. I am a self employed personal trainer and having not used a blackberry before was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I should do first to get up and running quickly. Updates? do I need the play store? hidden gems I should check out?

I use Gmail for work and everything else.

Thanks in advance.

Grady
    08-22-16 08:38 AM
    Q5 is a great device, being a BB10. But, due to its wee bit limited hard disk space and memory, I would suggest to not install too many android apps, if possible. And please update the OS to 10.3.2.2813 using autoloader instead of automatic updates over the Internet, to avoid the risk of insufficient space error.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-22-16 10:18 AM
    You're new so you probably don't know what an autoloader is.

An Autoloader is an .exe files which updates your phone to the version of the autoloader you downloaded. It will delete everything on your phone so backup is necessary if you want to keep things.
    08-22-16 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I was just researching the autoloader. I have rooted every android I have owned and experimented with customers ROMs so as long as there is a walkthrough i should be fine. Luckily there are quite a few on the forum!
    08-23-16 04:54 AM
    Just FYI you *won't* be rooting your new Q5. 😁

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-27-16 05:51 PM
    Just FYI you *won't* be rooting your new Q5. ��

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yeah, lol. Not even possible, that.
    08-27-16 09:36 PM
    I run a tutoring business with my Q5. I think it works great for that. I love the hub and device search. But the gmail integration has one notable flaw.

Gmail separates out social media and promotions in tabs. BB10 and hub have no idea about those. So you will be notified about all email to any addresses that your Q5 checks.

To boost battery life, I recommend you set email to use push, and manual sync. (settings, accounts, your email account, email again, at the bottom)

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 08:29 AM
    I think any BlackBerry 10 device is great for what you're looking for. I'm a massage therapist and run my own business all from my bb10 devices.

I use the native calendar synced with my Gmail,
    Use Square for my payment processing
    Evernote to help keep track of client sessions

Hey if you have any other questions just let us know

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Blue Scoot; 01-22-17 at 08:29 AM.
    10-01-16 01:44 PM