Hi,

I have setup the same pop3 accounts in Outlook and in my Blackberry Q5. So suppose I'm not at the office I can read my emails. But when I'm at the office and I can see the same emails again in Outlook, these emails don't get deleted automatically in the Q5 BlackBerry Hub.
    This used to be the case with my previous Android phone.

So now I have the same emails in both Outlook and in the BlackBerry hub. So when Outlook retrieves an email from the pop server, I would expect that that email would be automatically deleted from the Q5 but that doesnt happen. I have set the synchronization interval in the Q5 and in the pop3 settings in Outlook the option to leave the email on the server is not checked in.

Many thanks,
    Bea
    03-26-14 08:43 PM
    Nothing to fix as this is by design. You want emails to sync you need to use an IMAP or and ActiveSync email account.
    03-26-14 08:53 PM
    Hi,

I have setup the same pop3 accounts in Outlook and in my Blackberry Q5. So suppose I'm not at the office I can read my emails. But when I'm at the office and I can see the same emails again in Outlook, these emails don't get deleted automatically in the Q5 BlackBerry Hub.
    This used to be the case with my previous Android phone.

So now I have the same emails in both Outlook and in the BlackBerry hub. So when Outlook retrieves an email from the pop server, I would expect that that email would be automatically deleted from the Q5 but that doesnt happen. I have set the synchronization interval in the Q5 and in the pop3 settings in Outlook the option to leave the email on the server is not checked in.

Many thanks,
    Bea
    I'm confused on what results you're expecting here. If you have outlook set to NOT leave a message on the server, then if outlook grabs the message first, the q5 will never see it. If the q5 grabs it first....as a mobile device it should default to leaving it on server... and then Outlook can still get it (then delete from server after grabbing it). But this has nothing to do with a message getting deleted on one device as a result of some action on another client. They have no way to talk to each other...they are just simply going to the same mailbox, independent of each other, to see if there is anything to download.

Not sure what you saw on your Android, but the results would have been the same there.
    03-26-14 09:10 PM
    Hi,

I have the proof now. I have installed the same pop3 account on my Android phone and on my BlackBerry Q5 phone. When I retrieve the mails from the pop3 account in Outlook, it removes the emails from my Android phone but not from my BlackBerry.

That's too bad since I see Outlook as the main place for my emails and mobile devices just to get emails when I'm on the road.
    Now I have to remove all mails manually from the Q5.
    04-01-14 12:25 PM