I think BlackBerry Q5 should still get some promoting from BlackBerry, just because BlackBerry is releasing and have released some new phones doesn't mean it forgets the previous phones. Q5 still is a great phone, better keyboard then Q10 BTW! And promoting not for the sales but then at least it should feel like that Q5 is in the race of BlackBerry's top phone. Products like the screenguards, backcovers should be available frequently than it is now.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 09:45 AM
    The problem is that the Q5 is one of the first generation BlackBerry 10 devices and likely isn't being manufactured any more, at this point BlackBerry are just looking to sell off whatever remaining stock that they have, this is also why accessories are becoming harder to find.
    04-26-15 10:43 AM
    Q5 is in liquidation. It's discontinued.

Good phone but BlackBerry will only promote Classic going forward.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-26-15 10:57 AM
    There is another keyboard model slated for later this year that has not yet been discussed in any detail (beyond the fact that it is a keyboard model, that is). This could be a new entry-level kb model.
    04-26-15 11:08 AM
    Love my Q5, just bought another. Would be pleased with a new upgrade to the Q5 but happy stick with it if not.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q5
    SpartanSK117 likes this.
    04-27-15 04:41 PM
    Totally agree to the OP statement. Have used q10, classic in past and using the Q5 now. Can say that it's the best value for money device and better than others on many aspects.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:12 PM
    The Q5 has a much better keyboard than the Q10, I can say this from experience...

Posted from BlackBerry Z10.
    04-28-15 05:21 PM
    I'm definitely planning to buy a Q5 sometime this year. I miss the clicky keyboard. Plus, I had some double typing issues with my Q10, so...it will nice to not have to worry about THAT.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 12:47 AM
    I prefer the Q5 keyboard and screen, but the Q10 overall as I like the shape and grip better.

I wish BlackBerry would just make a proper Q5 successor, but I doubt they will. The chicklet keyboard is way better, though. In fact, I'd prefer a high-end Q phone with the island style keys.

Posted via CB10
    whattiger likes this.
    05-06-15 06:38 AM
    I agree its a terrific phone. Now you got me thinking i should get a spare. The keyboard is a dream to type on, somehow nicer to me than the Bold, bc its barely there, but solid. You just barely run your fingers over the letters and there are the sentences. Much nicer than i expected.

I have three favorite phones, and then the one that i love just as much, those darned BlackBerries!

They each have something about them that makes them the 'perfect phone.'
    05-06-15 08:59 PM
    I agree its a terrific phone. Now you got me thinking i should get a spare. The keyboard is a dream to type on, somehow nicer to me than the Bold, bc its barely there, but solid. You just barely run your fingers over the letters and there are the sentences. Much nicer than i expected.

I have three favorite phones, and then the one that i love just as much, those darned BlackBerries!

They each have something about them that makes them the 'perfect phone.'
    Totally agree.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 11:56 PM
    There is another keyboard model slated for later this year that has not yet been discussed in any detail (beyond the fact that it is a keyboard model, that is). This could be a new entry-level kb model.
    Big thumbs up if this were true, I love the budget range qwerty selection. Having a compact device that you don't have to worry about being dropped is a must have for everyone.

These days. Devices are getting more and more expensive with "quality" aka expensive materials that you have to protect with 10 cases otherwise they get all scratched and broken.

I love the Q5 plastic body, it doesn't get scratched that easily and has a good form factor. Hoping this new device is a budget version of the Passport. Would without a doubt purchase one

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-11-15 01:14 PM
    Q5 is in liquidation. It's discontinued.

Good phone but BlackBerry will only promote Classic going forward.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Shame that the "Classic" is such a turkey! The Q10 is a better device with replaceable battery.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-11-15 03:12 PM
    it doesn't get scratched that easily
    Are you sureee?

I think my Q5's back would get scratched just from dust if I ever keep it on my desk w/o a case. My friend's Q5 fell on the road while stepping out of a car and it chipped in two places - the insides looked ceramic-y lol
    05-11-15 05:48 PM
    I think the Q5 is better with a case anyway because it needs the grip and extra weight. And there are lots of good inexpensive shell cases out there. Sometimes it's fun to change the case to give it a different look.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 07:14 PM
    Shame that the "Classic" is such a turkey! The Q10 is a better device with replaceable battery.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! "Turkey" . I haven't heard that in ages. You must be old! Hahaha...thanks for the Wayback slang!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-20-15 06:26 AM
    I wanted to get a q5 in the past but cost was similar to q10 so I ended up getting q10. Now I have passport and classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:44 AM
    Honestly? I liked the Q10 way better! No lag, more device stored memory (double), felt more solid to me and correct me if I am wrong but I couldnt get a 5 ghz wifi connection on my Q5, only 2.4 unlike my Q10 which could utilize both

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    05-20-15 10:48 AM
    Honestly? I liked the Q10 way better! No lag, more device stored memory (double), felt more solid to me and correct me if I am wrong but I couldnt get a 5 ghz wifi connection on my Q5, only 2.4 unlike my Q10 which could utilize both

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    Sure, if you're looking for more specs than what Q5 has to offer, than it won't be a better phone for you, but I'm sure there are many who are satisfied with Q5 and trust me, those people are lucky 'cause they get a better shape. 'Cause you cannot deny that Q5 has the best hardware keyboard until now (except for the Passport) and I'm not saying others are really bad, I'm just saying Q5 has the better one, it's well spaced and all. So yeah, in the end it's an individual's choice but Q5 needs more promotion, BlackBerry just gave up on the phone just 'cause it had other phones coming up. I feel, a Q5 2.0 would be like honoring the Q5

Posted via CB, using a Q5
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-24-15 11:40 AM
    I bought my brother a Q5 last November, he has had zero complaints, no double typing either....

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 11:44 AM
    I would be very happy if BlackBerry released an upgraded Q5. However the trend seems to be towards larger screens. And the relatively small Q5 is what I like. Anyways it's a great idea. Let's hope.

It's interesting how perceptions change so quickly. When I changed from the Bold 9780 to the Q10 about 2 years ago, the Q10 felt like a heavy brick of a phone at the time. It took me a few months to start to accept its size. Now the Q10/5 are regarded as small by today's standards.

Posted via CB10
    whattiger likes this.
    05-24-15 01:06 PM
    Sound quality is outstanding on the Q5. I love how my albums play on the Q5 with my headphones. Great stuff.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 08:37 PM
    I think the Q5 is a nice and slim BlackBerry device, and I like the island keyboard. But I think the Q5 didn't get any attention is because BlackBerry did a poor job of marketing the BlackBerry 10 smartphone Lineup.

Posted via CB10
    SpartanSK117 likes this.
    05-25-15 06:49 PM
    I think the Q5 didn't get any attention is because BlackBerry did a poor job of marketing the BlackBerry 10 smartphone Lineup.

Posted via CB10
    What else is new? BlackBerry couldn't market fire to the Inuit in the midst of the coldest winter in the low Arctic. LOL
    06-05-15 06:16 PM
    I think BlackBerry Q5 should still get some promoting from BlackBerry, just because BlackBerry is releasing and have released some new phones doesn't mean it forgets the previous phones. Q5 still is a great phone, better keyboard then Q10 BTW! And promoting not for the sales but then at least it should feel like that Q5 is in the race of BlackBerry's top phone. Products like the screenguards, backcovers should be available frequently than it is now.

Posted via CB10
    Why would blackberry promote a phone that is 2 years old? Do you see Apple still promoting the iPhone 5? (or whatever iPhone came out 2 years ago)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-05-15 06:38 PM
29 12