Word of mouth paid off to a coworker who I showed BB10 to with my Q10 months ago. He has a personal feature/dumbphone and a work issued Bold 9900. His contract is up and he had said that he remembered that he was impressed with the BB10 features. He isn't a power user and doesn't plan to be so he is looking into the Q5.

There are currently multi-year contracts on a subsidized Q5's costing $0. I did a little extra in providing him non-contract prices with different carriers and dealers so that allows him to search for cheaper plans as well as unlock sites. Also even sent him current carrier plan options that would allow him to make a better informed decision.

Luckily, I also own a Q5 and Z10 so he can give each one a try if he wants. I'm pretty sure he'll settle for the no-nonsense Q5 that's reliable for basic communications, messaging, baked-in security, web browsing, durable and good battery life.

Go #TeamBlackBerry!

P.S. Apparently my company is starting to roll-out a ton of BB10 phones as the pilot phase was a success. A colleague from another department was issued an option between a Z10, Q10 and Q5 (not sure if Z30 was available) and she opted for the Q5 to save the company more money. Now she's debating if she should get rid of her personal phone since it is BlackBerry Balance enabled with the work/personal profiles.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 07:21 AM
    Word of mouth paid off to a coworker who I showed BB10 to with my Q10 months ago. He has a personal feature/dumbphone and a work issued Bold 9900. His contract is up and he had said that he remembered that he was impressed with the BB10 features. He isn't a power user and doesn't plan to be so he is looking into the Q5.

There are currently multi-year contracts on a subsidized Q5's costing $0. I did a little extra in providing him non-contract prices with different carriers and dealers so that allows him to search for cheaper plans as well as unlock sites. Also even sent him current carrier plan options that would allow him to make a better informed decision.

Luckily, I also own a Q5 and Z10 so he can give each one a try if he wants. I'm pretty sure he'll settle for the no-nonsense Q5 that's reliable for basic communications, messaging, baked-in security, web browsing, durable and good battery life.

Go #TeamBlackBerry!

P.S. Apparently my company is starting to roll-out a ton of BB10 phones as the pilot phase was a success. A colleague from another department was issued an option between a Z10, Q10 and Q5 (not sure if Z30 was available) and she opted for the Q5 to save the company more money. Now she's debating if she should get rid of her personal phone since it is BlackBerry Balance enabled with the work/personal profiles.

Posted via CB10
    That was sure nice of her!

Almost think that BlackBerry Balance should have been opposite from what it is. Like in your case it is a work issued phone (most companies are not even allowing Balance to be used - because they don't want any personal stuff), the PERSONAL Space should be in the container, not on the main portion of the phone.
    05-12-14 07:30 AM
    This sounds like a great job you are doing of helping people convert! keep it up! one user at a time!!!
    05-12-14 07:30 AM
    Keep selling the brand! If BlackBerry doesn't want to put effort into general consumers anymore then we have to sell it for them. I personally have a Z10 and Q5 and love both. I think the Q5 is great and would recommend it as a low price option to any keyboard/BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 likes this.
    05-12-14 10:53 AM
    Come, I clap for you.
    05-13-14 03:59 PM