When I am trying to connect my Q5 to wifi, at times it connects at an instant. How ever at times (usually after getting out of bedside mode), I am not able to connect to wifi, and the connection shows as disabled. Then on enabling and connecting, I get a strange message, that it was not able to authenticate against the wifi security or something of that sort.

What's going on and any fix to this?

Posted via CB10 From Q5
    03-31-15 08:43 AM
    After coming out of bedside mode, the phone usually tales a while to get settled. What about rebooting then to freshen the settings?
    03-31-15 09:09 AM
    It happens after restarts as well. Once the wifi is connected, it works flawlessly, [strength is a problem though at times].

But when this starts happening, its a pain!
    03-31-15 11:42 AM
    It has something to do with routes incompatibility. It happens to me on various networks. Like my friends Q10 will connect while my Q5 wont.
    04-03-15 02:07 PM
    You may need to change the encryption type for your wireless connection at the router level, and then delete and re-establish the settings on your BlackBerry Q5 so that they are configured correctly.

First off, try changing your wireless passphrase. It is advisable to use at least eight characters, and is alphanumeric (special characters such as !, @, #, $, % etc are allowable but I would recommend trying without these first as I have seen a few cases where special characters can cause problems with certain routers). If a simple passphrase change does not resolve the issue and your router is using WPA2 with AES, I would recommend first trying to change it so that it uses WPA2 with AES+TKIP (this may be labelled different based on your router). Following this, try dropping the encryption type down to WPA. I would not recommend using WEP as it is horribly insecure.
    04-05-15 12:52 PM
    The configuration is wpa(aes + tkip) and that didn't change anything!

Posted via CB10 From Q5
    04-25-15 05:15 AM