If BlackBerry were to bring this phone to Canada how do you think it would sell ?

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    06-18-13 10:57 PM
    It would sell................... just not well. lol
    06-18-13 11:12 PM
    I think an affordable touch screen model will sell well in Canada, not a affordable QWERTY device.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 10:59 AM
    Of course the Q5 would sell very well all over the world.

Especially enterprise often tends to get cheap devices if they have to save some money. Have seen a lot of 9320s in enterprise.
    06-19-13 11:08 AM
    If BlackBerry is going to bring out a Z5 or drop the price of the Z10 they need to get on it.

So many people are buying $0 iPhone 4's or $0 Android phones. It doesn't matter that they are old and slow because they are good enough for what those people are using it for.

BlackBerry needs to compete at all price levels and not give ground to these other phones. Not everyone has $49-$199 to spend on a new phone so BlackBerry needs a $0 phone right away.

Now is not the time to go after just the mid/high end market, they need to after every market segment.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and BlackberryPig like this.
    06-19-13 04:26 PM
    If BlackBerry is going to bring out a Z5 or drop the price of the Z10 they need to get on it.

So many people are buying $0 iPhone 4's or $0 Android phones. It doesn't matter that they are old and slow because they are good enough for what those people are using it for.

BlackBerry needs to compete at all price levels and not give ground to these other phones. Not everyone has $49-$199 to spend on a new phone so BlackBerry needs a $0 phone right away.

Now is not the time to go after just the mid/high end market, they need to after every market segment.

Posted via CB10
    Disagree. These $0 phones were high tier devices. They didn't start out at $0, they gradually progressed to that point. You don't think the Z10 will $0 by December ? Given the lack of confidence by customers and sales associates, BlackBerry should strive to continue quality versus flooding the market place with handsets and an inconsistent experience like the legacy phones.

Canadians know about BlackBerry and if the quality is there, they will wait until the price drops before they adopt. If they purchase a $0 phone that's of $0 quality, they're going to equate the whole brand to that mid-low end device experience (which is what happened with the Curve).

BlackBerry has product differentiation and doesn't need to be cost effective. It needs to be consistent and gain consumer trust.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    06-24-13 11:59 AM
    My 16 year old drops, loses, or soaks her phone in water a couple of times a year. She prefers a qwerty keyboard and has no interest in a touchscrean device. She prefers BB, and I have replaced her lost phones with cheap Curves, usually second hand, or else my own previous BBs, and we have been happy.

I've found that my carrier doesn't fully support older BBs now. You can't get full internet access, just the social networking package. I think they are just trying to push newer models, but I can't do anything about it.

I would prefer to be able to get my daughter a Q5 the next time she needs a phone. (I would her prefer her to not need a new phone, but that is wishful thinking.)
    tetonica likes this.
    06-27-13 07:58 AM
    I think it will come and it will sell just not as good as the other two models. There will be all the parents who want to get their kids a phone but don't need the top of the line phone. As mentioned above would also be considered a good replacement for anyone who has lost or destroyed a newer BB. I wouldn't mind checking it out just for fun.
    06-27-13 08:35 AM
    It would sell... but I can't imagine signing a 3yr contract for a Q5... Unless the outright price is around the $300 mark it's hard to say...
    06-27-13 10:22 PM
    Would def not sell well in Canada period..simply because you can get a q10 or z10 for around 199 on a 3 year contract here.. dont think anyone would go for the q5..well most people I mean if it was sold here in Canada.

I would rather go on a 3 year contract and pay 199 for the q10 then buy the q5 out right for 300 since its a mid ranged phone..
    06-28-13 12:52 AM
    Wouldn't need to in canada as of December, CRTC won't allow 3yr terms anymore

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:31 AM
    Would def not sell well in Canada period..simply because you can get a q10 or z10 for around 199 on a 3 year contract here.. dont think anyone would go for the q5..well most people I mean if it was sold here in Canada.

I would rather go on a 3 year contract and pay 199 for the q10 then buy the q5 out right for 300 since its a mid ranged phone..
    3yr contract is outrageous on its own lol... 2yr contracts like they get in the US is much better...That's what we gotta aim for!
    06-28-13 04:58 AM
    They should bring the q5 to north America for the sake of enterprise customers in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:27 AM
    My 16 year old drops, loses, or soaks her phone in water a couple of times a year. She prefers a qwerty keyboard and has no interest in a touchscrean device. She prefers BB, and I have replaced her lost phones with cheap Curves, usually second hand, or else my own previous BBs, and we have been happy.

I've found that my carrier doesn't fully support older BBs now. You can't get full internet access, just the social networking package. I think they are just trying to push newer models, but I can't do anything about it.

I would prefer to be able to get my daughter a Q5 the next time she needs a phone. (I would her prefer her to not need a new phone, but that is wishful thinking.)
    For the careless 16 year old market the 9320 is fine and costs a third as much as a Q5.
    06-28-13 03:58 PM

That's you but countless other people don't have $199 to drop on a new phone. Plus why are you talking about the Q5 being $300 outright? It would be more like $400 ouright and the perfect phone for carriers to offer at $0 on a 2 year plan.

And the Q5 would be perfect for teenagers, or people that want to get a messaging device but don't want to be on a $50+ 3 year plan. I also don't understand the mentality of wait for the Z10 to drop in price first. There are still people that want a qwerty device but don't have $199 to drop on it and I don't think BlackBerry has time on their side. They don't have time to wait for current models to become older lower priced models, they need to start filling in the gaps right away.

Now if they want to bring out a Z5 as a $300-$400 model that North American carriers can offer for $0 on contracts then get on it and make it happen.

There are some people that want the greatest and best in mobile phones, but there's an even larger amount of people that just look at the price of the phone and the price they are looking for is $0.

So many people don't use their smartphone to its full potential. They use it for a few apps, texting, calling, browsing the web, picture here and there, and that's it. The Q5 or Z5, if BlackBerry ever makes it a reality, would be perfect for these customers. BlackBerry needs customers, they need to grow their userbase and they need to get phones in people's hands so developers get making apps for users like the ones on these forums.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 03:44 AM
    There is no way teenagers would buy the q5 here in canada..its not appealing to them.. the age demographic..they are more iphone and android users here in Canada....if anything..they would go for the Z10 as a BlackBerry phone. BlackBerry is smart to not sell them here.
    06-29-13 10:34 AM
    I'm not buying another BB. I've already got the Z10, Q10 and PB. LOL
    06-29-13 10:36 AM
    At �320 sim free in the UK (which is about $500 plus or minus in Canada and the U.S.), BBRY has idiotically positioned the Q5 at a higher price point than the iPhone 4 and the Galaxy S3 which sell for about $450 unlocked.

BBRY priced its Z10 to go up against the premium iOS and Android devices (iPhone 5/Samsung Galaxy S4) but failed miserably to deliver on a competitive smartphone experience (hence its failure to successfully capitalize on its launch to sell the Z10). It now wants to put up its lower end device against the iPhone 4/Galaxy S3 both of which have superior specs in many ways.

Will it sell? Sure. I was stupid enough to buy both a Z10 and a Q10 and I bought the Q10 after my brutal Z10 experience.

Will it sell well? Highly doubtful.
    06-29-13 12:58 PM
    I think a lot of parents would buy one for their teenage kids. I bought my daughter a Curve years ago and she loved it. She now has the Q10 and loves it even more. A Q5 at 0$ on contract would sell. Even better would be a low cash price and on month to month. A lot of kids still like the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:53 PM
    What is needed in Canada (in addition to the high end Q10 and A10) is mid tier phones the sell for $0 on a 2 year contract: I know so many people who get crap android phones (low end HTC, etc...) just because they don't have any money to spend and budget carriers (Fido, Koodo, Solo) only offer two year contracts.

It doesn't matter if the Z10 or Q10 are $0 on a three year Robellus contract: if the monthly plan is $70 (to subsidize it), many people can't afford it.

To be free on a two year contract implies an off-contract price of <=$400 (and good carrier relations) and BlackBerry needs both touch and Keyboard models in this range in North American ASAP!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    gebco likes this.
    07-04-13 11:31 AM
    Q5 is very attractive phone for chatty teens.

Posted via CB10
    DatMisterB and mastermike87 like this.
    07-06-13 09:27 AM
    Q5 is very attractive phone for chatty teens.

Posted via CB10
    People are doubting this unnecessarily. Watch when fido introduces it. Teen girls are going to want them because they're colourful. :facepalm:

I'm thinking BlackBerry is adopting the A & W family lineup.

Q10 - Papa Burger
    Z10 - Teen Burger
    Q5 - Kid Burger

By teen, I'm referring to the tech savvy.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 11:54 AM
    I'm not convinced dudes. The teens I know are very sensitive to social appearance; they get what wins them points with their peers. Most teens I know want iphones. The rest want androids

Posted via CB10
    Bmwz7 likes this.
    07-14-13 04:34 PM
    It would sell great. RIMBERRY is a Canadian company and they are still number one there right?
    07-15-13 10:11 AM
    I'm not convinced dudes. The teens I know are very sensitive to social appearance; they get what wins them points with their peers. Most teens I know want iphones. The rest want androids

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they want androids. I think they get them because they're 0 dollar phones.

Some want the iPhone for snapchat and instagram, some get nexus 4 because it's 0 bucks, or if they have some money, get an S3 or S4 because of the marketing.

Very easy to win this crowd over, hard to maintain it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elite1; 07-15-13 at 01:26 PM. Reason: making more PC
    07-15-13 10:39 AM
30 12