Hi everyone,
    I have just bought my new Blackberry Q5 phone, and have some difficulties with it.

I have enabled a password for screen lock, so after 2 minutes my screen lock is active and I can only use my phone when I enter the password.
    The only option which is available without entering the password is emergency calls and that's the problem.
    I put my phone on lock and in my pocket, but the screen gets active without touching it with my fingers and the emergency button gets pressed.
    How can I avoid it?
    I was thinking to remove the emergency option, but couldn't find a way.
    I was thinking to set it that only the power button should be able to enable the screen, but couldn't find a way.
    Final, I thought that touchscreen can only be used with the fingers, how come that it gets active in my pocket?

Many thanks for every reply.
    02-04-14 04:01 PM
    I have a Z10 and had similar problems. Not sure if Q5's work the same but I turned off the swipe to wake feature and that largely solved the problem. There were a bunch of threads on this problem with Z10s earlier last year.

EDIT: like this one: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ialing-802814/
    02-04-14 04:16 PM
    HI,

Thanks for your fast reply.
    If I turn off the swipe option, will the screen go back on only if I press the power/lock button?
    Where do I have the option to disable swipe?

Thanks
    02-04-14 04:41 PM
    HI,

Thanks for your fast reply.
    If I turn off the swipe option, will the screen go back on only if I press the power/lock button?
    Where do I have the option to disable swipe?

Thanks
    Yes if you turn of the swipe you have to press the power on/off button to unlock.
    To turn swipe off try Settings/Display/Swipe to Wake. That's where it is on the Z10
    02-04-14 05:51 PM
    Yes if you turn of the swipe you have to press the power on/off button to unlock.
    To turn swipe off try Settings/Display/Swipe to Wake. That's where it is on the Z10
    Although this is most likely the problem (and I was going to mention it if someone else didn't already), I have another suggestion that could help. When I used a password on my 9900, I often pushed the phone into my pocket with my index finger near the center of the device, pushing the power button. This would unlock the screen and once I accidentally called the police...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-05-14 10:35 PM
    Happened to me and I dialled the rozzes fifteen times. They told me BlackBerry (after explaining to me how to turn it off) might work on those nuisance pocket dials in future os updates. For the time being, I did the same as what our friends suggested above - turn off the swipe to unlock function.

Posted via Crack-friggin-berry Z10
    02-21-14 04:12 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion to turn off the swipe to wake up the phone. This was one of the anoying things of my Q5 and in my opnion a serious design flaw.
    06-01-14 03:16 AM
    It's your thigh swiping the screen while you walk. I find putting the phone in you pocket with the display facing outwards, away from the thigh solves the issue.
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    06-01-14 06:15 AM