This update appeared after nagging me to complete the 10.3 update it had already and wanted another 1.5gig free over the 2.5gig I had available. Fortunately the new update was well under 100meg

After a massively slow update via data rather than wifi, BBM still won't work for VOIP/video and wifi is still worse than it was before.

Seriously it's like the updates are being run as a school project.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 05:06 AM
    OTA updates are seriously bad for your phone. Download a different OS and load it yourself via autoloader. Go to the Leaked OS thread and take your pick....
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    03-28-15 09:20 AM
    Try 10.3.2 😍
    03-28-15 09:42 AM
    Thanks.

I read through reports on later versions and each seemed to have an issue with wi-fi.

Can you suggest a version please?

I am happy to try anything, as currently my BlackBerry is only working through the wifi of a cheap android I bought that is sitting in my hotel room.

I mainly used it to talk on BBM but that's useless now too.

Also I borrowed a computer to install 10.3.1.x, what do you use to install the non offered versions?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 09:49 AM
    I currently have a BlackBerry Q5 here running 10.3.1.2708 (software release 10.3.1.1865) and it works flawlessly.
    When you download the autoloader file for your phone it will come in a .ZIP, .RAR, or .7Z file. Extract it using a tool like WinRAR.
    Once you have extracted it, you should have a .EXE file. Double click on it to run, and you will see a message that says "Connecting to bootrom..."
    At this point, connect your device and it will install the latest OS.

NOTE: Loading an OS via autoloader is destructive, meaning you will lose any data stored on the device. As such, it is advisable to make a backup using BlackBerry Blend/Link before doing so if you want to keep your data. Also, if you're using an autoloader I would recommend performing a security wipe from Settings > Security > Security Wipe beforehand. This will ensure that your device is in a clean state before installing the new software.
    03-29-15 06:44 AM
    OTA updates are seriously bad for your phone. Download a different OS and load it yourself via autoloader. Go to the Leaked OS thread and take your pick....
    I have never used leaks/sideloads, and have never been able to download an update on my Macbook via Link (has failed every time, regardless of the BB device or OS update). So, I have been left with OTA. OTA's have always worked for me (no crashes or failures), and with the exception of the few bugs in the recent 10.3.1.1767, haven't had any major issues with the updates. So, maybe OTAs are not any worse than loading leaks and stuff!
    Thalestr likes this.
    03-29-15 06:59 AM
    I have never used leaks/sideloads, and have never been able to download an update on my Macbook via Link (has failed every time, regardless of the BB device or OS update). So, I have been left with OTA. OTA's have always worked for me (no crashes or failures), and with the exception of the few bugs in the recent 10.3.1.1767, haven't had any major issues with the updates. So, maybe OTAs are not any worse than loading leaks and stuff!
    I agree. No issues with OTA here either.

Posted via Q5
    03-30-15 02:49 PM
    I've never had any problems with OTA OS updates with other Blackberry 10 phones, so why should the Q5 be any different?
    03-30-15 03:47 PM
    I've never had an issue with OTA updates either. I tend to use autoloaders just because I prefer to do so, but the few times I've installed OTA it has always gone smoothly.
    03-30-15 04:46 PM
    That's funny, I'm the exact opposite :P

When ever there is an update available for my Q5 when ever I try to do a OTA it gets to 99% and then crashes.

So I use my MacBook every time when doing an update through BlackBerry Link. (Image Below) BlackBerry 10.3.1.1779-screen-shot-2015-03-31-5.59.46-pm.png

I also feel that there will come a time (Soon) when I will have no physical space left on my Q5 to do an update. I only have about 2GB free. So if we have another update like 10.3.1 which was over a GB I will physically not be able to update which is quite sad. May have to purchase a Leap or another device which has 16GB+ space

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    Last edited by Matty; 03-31-15 at 11:02 AM.
    03-31-15 04:23 AM
    Even though update is only 68MB you would still need 1.5GB of free space to update. So pay attention to that "little" fact.
    04-07-15 08:18 AM