Hi
    According to Indian page of Q5 BlackBerry Q5 Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry Q5 Smartphone - India it runs longer in 3G? Is it true?

And at manual it's stated that using a micro sd lets battery to last longer. How can this possible?? Because i think sd utilizes more energy with more voltage (3.3V) than internal storage.
    05-15-14 04:42 AM
    I have heard that 3G technology is more efficient than 2G.... problem is in many markets it's necessary to keep the 2G on along with the 3G. It just depends on your carrier and what equipment they have and how much you travel.

The Memory Card.... don't know, never heard of "better" battery life by using an SD Card vs not using one.

Would seem that your internal memory would be powered either way... but crazier thing are possible.
    fenasi likes this.
    05-15-14 08:20 AM
    Hi
    According to Indian page of Q5 BlackBerry Q5 Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry Q5 Smartphone - India it runs longer in 3G? Is it true?

And at manual it's stated that using a micro sd lets battery to last longer. How can this possible?? Because i think sd utilizes more energy with more voltage (3.3V) than internal storage.
    I am actually surprised they've mentioned longer talk hours on the 3G network. Given that the usual experience (on other phones) is that the battery drains faster on 3G owing to higher data speeds etc. I had a Nexus before switching to the Q5 and my battery would drain exceptionally fast in India whenever I switched to 3G. Its because of that reason that I have always kept my Q5 on "2G only" mode.

Now that you've highlighted this, I will try switching to "2G and 3G" to see if it makes a difference.

Q5, Vodafone India
    05-20-14 07:25 AM
    I am actually surprised they've mentioned longer talk hours on the 3G network. Given that the usual experience (on other phones) is that the battery drains faster on 3G owing to higher data speeds etc. I had a Nexus before switching to the Q5 and my battery would drain exceptionally fast in India whenever I switched to 3G. Its because of that reason that I have always kept my Q5 on "2G only" mode.

Now that you've highlighted this, I will try switching to "2G and 3G" to see if it makes a difference.

Q5, Vodafone India
    Have you seen difference?
    06-26-14 10:01 AM