I really can't get it. Usual limitations of BB market make me feel doubtful about that. Does Chromecast works on BB Q5 particularly? I don't want to waste my money.

If it can't works, is there another way to link my device to a TV?? Thanks for support!
    06-30-15 11:24 AM
    Depending on your device (I've done it regularly with my Z30, I know the Passport can do it, but I haven't kept up on things spec wise to know for sure if the Classic, Q10, etc, can do it), you can project to any Miracast device. Keep in mind that Miracast is NOT the same as your Chromecast, as AirPlay, etc.

Here is the device I that I use personally. I have one for each TV, each named after the room it's in, as well as on my office projector at work.
    nuthoac likes this.
    06-30-15 12:20 PM
    I've tried the Chromecast, and there's only limited function. However, the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter is great -- it works with any Miracast-enabled device I've tried. And, with my laptops. Buy Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Microsoft Store Online

(I just can't recall if the Q5 can connect via Miracast...)
    nuthoac likes this.
    06-30-15 01:03 PM
    OK, at least I've learned that Chromecast is not the right choice at all. I also checked on my phone and Miracast is supported by Q5, so now I have to make my decision between those two devices that you mentioned.
    Anyway, I'm not so "skilled" at this kind of things, and I need to be extremely clear (because all this mess was especially about this): with the Microsoft/Netgear device you talk about I would be able to run the app ShowBox on HDTV?

Thanks both of you very much, you already helped me a lot.
    06-30-15 02:51 PM
    OK, at least I've learned that Chromecast is not the right choice at all. I also checked on my phone and Miracast is supported by Q5, so now I have to make my decision between those two devices that you mentioned.
    Anyway, I'm not so "skilled" at this kind of things, and I need to be extremely clear (because all this mess was especially about this): with the Microsoft/Netgear device you talk about I would be able to run the app ShowBox on HDTV?

Thanks both of you very much, you already helped me a lot.
    The long and short of it: If it runs on your phone, you'll see it on your screen.

Whether that's ShowBox, Netflix, or browsing the web, or viewing pictures. What Miracast does is it takes whatever you see on your phone screen and displays it on the HDTV, i.e, it "Mira's" (mirrors) your display. If you turn your phone screen off, the screen on the HDTV will go black, too, because there's nothing to mirror at that point. Hopefully that analogy makes sense. If it doesn't I'll be happy to revise it for you.
    06-30-15 05:32 PM
    The long and short of it: If it runs on your phone, you'll see it on your screen.

Whether that's ShowBox, Netflix, or browsing the web, or viewing pictures. What Miracast does is it takes whatever you see on your phone screen and displays it on the HDTV, i.e, it "Mira's" (mirrors) your display. If you turn your phone screen off, the screen on the HDTV will go black, too, because there's nothing to mirror at that point. Hopefully that analogy makes sense. If it doesn't I'll be happy to revise it for you.
    Yes, John is correct. It's fairly simple and seamless, as long as you have a decent WiFi network.
    06-30-15 06:30 PM
    That's right, I had still doubts because of the Chromecast-limitations story.
    Thank you again.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 06:54 PM
    I use an app called cast in blackberry world and it works well with chromecast! Only youtube videos though

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 04:15 AM