Hello,

I've been using the q5 for the last 6 months and been quite happy with it so far except for a couple of issues that started recently:

1. All the features on my apple earpods' remote, including skip/reverse, worked really well but off late it's been acting very flaky. I've tried several options from restarting the device, plugging in the earpods when the music player is already launched but haven't been able to discern a pattern. At times it does work but there is a major lag. I suspect the recent OS update caused it.

2. All along I was using the charger from my trusty curve 8520 but it finally gave way so I tried using the one that came with the q5 and immediately it started giving me the "To charge your device faster, use the charger that came with your device" error.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions?
    04-19-15 01:49 AM
    Hello,

I've been using the q5 for the last 6 months and been quite happy with it so far except for a couple of issues that started recently:

1. All the features on my apple earpods' remote, including skip/reverse, worked really well but off late it's been acting very flaky. I've tried several options from restarting the device, plugging in the earpods when the music player is already launched but haven't been able to discern a pattern. At times it does work but there is a major lag. I suspect the recent OS update caused it.

2. All along I was using the charger from my trusty curve 8520 but it finally gave way so I tried using the one that came with the q5 and immediately it started giving me the "To charge your device faster, use the charger that came with your device" error.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions?
    1. Normal. Your device is 1st gen BlackBerry OS10 device so they will get slower every update.
    I had the same problem with my Z10. After pressing pause button it takes 5s to pause the music.

You could try a reinstall of the OS but I think your device is getting 'old'

2. Just buy a new charger
    New Original Blackberry Z30 Z10 Q10 Passport Charger HDW 58920 001 | eBay
    Blackberry Micro USB Wall Travel Home Charger USB Data Cable | eBay

I had the same problem till I updated to 10.3.1 Then everything was fine
    04-19-15 10:57 AM
    1. Normal. Your device is 1st gen BlackBerry OS10 device so they will get slower every update.
    I had the same problem with my Z10. After pressing pause button it takes 5s to pause the music.

You could try a reinstall of the OS but I think your device is getting 'old'

2. Just buy a new charger

I had the same problem till I updated to 10.3.1 Then everything was fine
    Thanks for your response but I didn't get your last line, if everything was fine then why you ?
    04-20-15 04:25 AM
    Thanks for your response but I didn't get your last line, if everything was fine then why you ?
    my Z10 broke recently

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-20-15 09:56 AM
    my Z10 broke recently

Oops...sorry to hear that.
    One last thing, which exact version did you update to ? I am currently on:

OS Ver: 10.3.1.2576
    Software release: 10.3.1.2576
    Build ID: 835537
    04-21-15 03:49 AM
    Oops...sorry to hear that.
    One last thing, which exact version did you update to ? I am currently on:

OS Ver: 10.3.1.2576
    Software release: 10.3.1.2576
    Build ID: 835537
    I was on that one. Then an update came in but I didn't download it. My memory broke (LED 101) mistake on my STL100-2

04-21-15 10:57 AM
    You could always try an OS reload without restoring from a backup. It's the only way to get a clean install.
    04-21-15 11:15 AM
    You could always try an OS reload without restoring from a backup. It's the only way to get a clean install.
    that's what I tought too

04-21-15 11:29 AM
    Can you please explain further?
    04-22-15 06:10 AM
    I have the same thing with my Bose in-ear headphones on my Q10. Sometimes the remote works perfectly, and other times either it doesn't work at all or only the play/pause button works. I have the model that is supposed to work with Apple products.

I'm on 10.3.1.1581 and I too believe that it's related to the software.

The controls work correctly once I restart my device.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    04-22-15 11:07 AM
    I have the same thing with my Bose in-ear headphones on my Q10. Sometimes the remote works perfectly, and other times either it doesn't work at all or only the play/pause button works. I have the model that is supposed to work with Apple products.

I'm on 10.3.1.1581 and I too believe that it's related to the software.

The controls work correctly once I restart my device.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Thanks for your response. So it's not purely due to a slower processor, can't be since I doubt pausing/skipping a song is a resource intensive task!

It's because of crap like this that a BB fan like me is also thinking about switching
    04-23-15 04:08 AM
    Thanks for your response. So it's not purely due to a slower processor, can't be since I doubt pausing/skipping a song is a resource intensive task!

It's because of crap like this that a BB fan like me is also thinking about switching
    It's just an outdated(er) device that's why it doesn't work great.

On 10.2 everything worked great. Then update to 10.3.1 and the problems alraedy started after 1 day. So the update is the killer here, so maybe we should all contact BlackBerry?
    04-23-15 01:19 PM
    It's just an outdated(er) device that's why it doesn't work great.

On 10.2 everything worked great. Then update to 10.3.1 and the problems alraedy started after 1 day. So the update is the killer here, so maybe we should all contact BlackBerry?
    I agree completely, the new update has killed the device, reverting to an older version should sort things out. Don't think contacting them is going to make a difference since these aren't small issues but glaring errors which they'd be well aware of.
    04-25-15 12:57 PM
    I agree completely, the new update has killed the device, reverting to an older version should sort things out. Don't think contacting them is going to make a difference since these aren't small issues but glaring errors which they'd be well aware of.
    exactly, all smartphone manufactures are the same... -> sell their lastest smartphone.
    How can you do that?

lower the price-> less profit so NO
    build better smartphone -> more costs so less profit so again NO
    new OS thats only working great on the newest devices -> BINGO

04-26-15 05:43 AM

Try changing/updating your software before considering a new platform. It's worth a try!
    05-01-15 01:02 AM
    Well maybe - your headphone jack is getting loose.

As there are only "dots" to connect, i guess These are no more connecting properly.

Try cleaning them/your headphone plug.
    Maybe pushing them down a bit helps.

To open the q5 you need torx screwdrivers.

It's very Easy to replace the headphone jack.

Should be worth a try.

Software can be checked by holding the volume keys for skipping and the mute Button for pause.
    (keep in mind, music-shortkeys has to be enabled in settings/mainvolume)
    05-07-15 01:01 AM
    To imply that the q5 is old etc. is erroneous in my experience. I find that my q5 is quite quick and don't notice much difference between my z10, z30 and q5 in performance other than the fact that the q5 doesn't use 5.0 ghz wifi. The 10.3.1 didn't slow down my q5 at all.

On occasion, debris can get trapped in the earphone jack. The other problem I have come across is that some cases impede the headphones from fully contacting the device.

Posted via CB10
    double_fault likes this.
    05-09-15 08:07 AM