I bought a pair of Q5 phones from BlackBerry employee plan for $99 each, great deal, great phone. One is dead and I am wondering two things. Is there a way to get it to start, some kind of secret process and 2, am I responsible for breaking it in the first place. Here is the truth:

I took the phone from the box and did not press any buttons, I plugged it into the charger, the amber LED came on and I walked away. I got the SIM card from my friend's old 9700 and I carefully and perfectly trimmed it to MicroSIM. I then put the trimmed sim into the Q5 and tried to turn it on but I got nothing at all. I took the sim out, still no go. I don?t see any sign of life at all no matter what I do. The LED does not turn on at all anymore. I plugged it into a PC with Link and nothing.

I have tried holding the volume up and down keys, the power button, all kinds of different combinations. I put the trimmed sim into my Q10 and it did not cause a problem with my phone albeit I did not get signal.

Any advice? I already called for a refund, but they are out of Q5s now so I thought I would try again.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 07:30 PM
    Make sure the battery is in there good and making contact
    04-15-14 08:00 PM
    Being new to Crackberry I can't say they will do their best to help you out, but I hope they do.

However I can say that a quick examination will tell them if the phone has been abused. If there was any sign of shipping damage report it to BlackBerry while sending it back. I would even return it in the same box do they can examine it if they want too.
    04-15-14 08:09 PM
    Q5 does not have a removable battery, it is a sealed phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 10:12 PM
    Being new to Crackberry I can't say they will do their best to help you out, but I hope they do.

However I can say that a quick examination will tell them if the phone has been abused. If there was any sign of shipping damage report it to BlackBerry while sending it back. I would even return it in the same box do they can examine it if they want too.
    The return has already been approved, just waiting for the waybill. The problem is I cannot get a replacement. So I thought I would try again to get this fired up.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 10:15 PM
    Cross your fingers, they may feel bad and send you the first q30 instead. I would also accept a q10.

My guess is its something simple like a dead or disconnected battery. They can repair something so simple in minutes. We could easily enough too, but they strongly discourage it and revoke the warranty if they even suspect that we tried.
    04-15-14 11:26 PM