How do I adjust my blackberry to obtain Wifi everywhere I go?
    Like in Android when a pop-up appears when there are new networks around w/ an option of pop-up for open and secure networks?

It's not possible currently in BlackBerry - just manual find and connect, even in 10.3.1.
    01-13-15 11:22 PM
    My Maps application is basically useless because the GPS never works and when it does its ridiculously inaccurate. Experience the same problems with Google Maps. I also am not too impressed with the battery. It'll barely last me a day if through standard use, but I recognise that I have quite a few social apps and the constant syncing and conversations must play a part. I've since invested in a portable charger so I'm not without a phone at nights.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 01:12 AM
    Get an update

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    01-20-15 08:45 AM
    The damn BBM uses battery and cpu even after deactivating it via parental controls....Any solution or anything even close to it would be heavenly...
    01-29-15 11:57 PM
    I have a problem with WiFi. It was like that since I bought it, a year and a half ago. When I'm at home, sometimes my Q5 can't find my network. Or it simply loses it after a using. For example, it's working for an hour, then disapears for like 10-20mins. Don't have that problem with any other WiFi anywhere and also don't have a problem with some other devices when I connect them to my WiFi... And yes, it's there with every single OS.
    01-30-15 05:18 AM
    Average battery life only 12 hr?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 07:07 AM
    My Q5 camera is not working. The camera can't be started what should I do

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 11:05 AM
    Q5 is the best phone BlackBerry made. Love it. Most under rated phone ever made.

I still go to it sometimes and use for a week or so when I get bored of passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 11:07 AM
    My Q5 camera is not working. The camera can't be started what should I do

Posted via CB10
    Is it giving an error message?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 11:08 AM
    Very poor Battery life,,,,,,,I can't survive even a day,,,,,,

Posted via CB10
    jaideep tribedi likes this.
    02-03-15 09:44 AM
    Very poor Battery life,,,,,,,I can't survive even a day,,,,,,

Posted via CB10
    Then something must be up with your config. Do you sync a lot of accounts at once, have considerable apps installed, use LTE, simply use your phone heavily?

That or you need an OS reload/wipe.
    02-03-15 09:47 AM
    My blackberry's desktop link doesn't recognize my BBb Q5 OS 10.2.1.3062
    Can't find a downloading link for an updated version.
    Any help??
    02-04-15 03:31 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 02:14 PM
    I'm getting the dreaded dust under the screen unfortunately. Not bothering me too much so far, but will probably send it for a warranty repair.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    SpartanSK117 likes this.
    02-05-15 05:00 PM
    Q5 is the best phone BlackBerry made. Love it. Most under rated phone ever made.

I still go to it sometimes and use for a week or so when I get bored of passport.

Posted via CB10
    I still love my Q5 even though I have a Samsung S5. I probably love it more than my S5.

The BlackBerry Q5 is a great phone with an excellent keyboard. No 'double typing' problems. That's the advantage of this phone over the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 05:48 AM
    I've owned mine since July 2014. Never experienced any issues. Qwerty keyboard is excellent for texting, typing emails. My only wish is the camera could be a little better.
    Otherwise this is a great phone!
    02-06-15 08:38 PM
    At the moment all my Q5 will do is flash "Blackberry" on its otherwise blank screen. I can't turn it on or off. I've tried replacing the SIM several times, and I've tried pressing the on/off button and the volume button simultaneously.
    04-12-16 10:04 AM
    Do you mean battery is good as a BlackBerry phone or as a smartphone because I can see most BlackBerry phones sucks with little extra app usage compared to android.

Posted via CB10
    People complaining about battery life on a Q5 is just nonsense. Q5 ranks just behind my Z30 with battery life. I have gone almost 2 days between charges on my Q5. Heck I can go 14-16 hours on my Z10!. If you're not happy with your battery performance I suggest 2 things. 1. Reinstall/Update the OS 2. Review how you are using your phone and what you can do to conserve battery.

anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-12-16 12:33 PM
    My only problem is a serious one: DEVICE STORAGE. 8GB and the inability to move apps to the media card is mind boggling.

I dont know if the 10.3 Update messed something up but I can only install up to 5 Apps and thats it. I mean, its like you have a phone that you can barely use. Why have a phone if you cant install any apps on it?

What if BB10 had all these great apps.. it would be useless because I would not be able to install any of them.

Whatsapp suddenly stops working and tells me to free up space. I have deleted everything from the Device, I even have to go to Storage and Access every other day to delete the Device Storage Details.. Gosh, this is so frustrating.

Can I revert back to another version of the OS? Or is there another version that runs lighter? Currently on 10.3.2.2836
    04-30-16 04:13 PM
    My only problem is a serious one: DEVICE STORAGE. 8GB and the inability to move apps to the media card is mind boggling.

I dont know if the 10.3 Update messed something up but I can only install up to 5 Apps and thats it. I mean, its like you have a phone that you can barely use. Why have a phone if you cant install any apps on it?

What if BB10 had all these great apps.. it would be useless because I would not be able to install any of them.

Whatsapp suddenly stops working and tells me to free up space. I have deleted everything from the Device, I even have to go to Storage and Access every other day to delete the Device Storage Details.. Gosh, this is so frustrating.

Can I revert back to another version of the OS? Or is there another version that runs lighter? Currently on 10.3.2.2836
    Sidenote about why apps can't go to SD cards: security. External devices have high risk of getting infected and running something with elevated permission from it is a huge security risk. This is a major reason for it.

Indeed 8GB of storage space is nothing to hold you breath for. However there is still no way you could fill it up with just installing several apps.

Did you move all your documents, pictures, music, videos, ... to the SD?

If so, could you post a screenshot of your Device storage details? (screenshot can be taken by pressing both volume keys at the same time, it should be stored in default pictures folder)

One reason that pops to mind, if everything seems fine, is faulty Android runtime, where uninstalling Android apps wouldn't actually uninstall them but rather just delete the icon and keep the files. There should be some instructions on how to handle this on Crackberry (try Googling it).
    04-30-16 05:37 PM
    No problems with my Q5. Great phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 09:15 AM
    Sidenote about why apps can't go to SD cards: security. External devices have high risk of getting infected and running something with elevated permission from it is a huge security risk. This is a major reason for it.

Indeed 8GB of storage space is nothing to hold you breath for. However there is still no way you could fill it up with just installing several apps.

Did you move all your documents, pictures, music, videos, ... to the SD?

If so, could you post a screenshot of your Device storage details? (screenshot can be taken by pressing both volume keys at the same time, it should be stored in default pictures folder)

One reason that pops to mind, if everything seems fine, is faulty Android runtime, where uninstalling Android apps wouldn't actually uninstall them but rather just delete the icon and keep the files. There should be some instructions on how to handle this on Crackberry (try Googling it).
    Thanks a lot Zan.

This is how it looks:

System- 4.56GB
    Apps- 981 MB (I only have 4 Downloaded Apps there lol)
    User Files- 39 MB
    Free- 363 MB

The majority of the Apps cant be deleted because they came with the phone. (Browser 145Mb, BBM 88Mb, Story Maker 66Mb, Settings 56Mb, World 56Mb, etc etc) I added them all up and that number is correct. Apps that came with Phone + My 4 Apps = 981Mb

I think the solution is to get a smaller OS, is that an option? Is 10.2 significantly smaller? I had 10.2 briefly but I cant remember if i had the same issue. As soon as I saw 10.3 I went for it.

Thanks again and I apologize for my Noobness lol

p.s. Oh and it says 300Mb+ Free Space but even then the phone tells me that I dont have enough space -.-
    05-01-16 10:57 AM
    Im downloading the Android Runtime update that popped up in February.

But see.. the frustrating part is that even though I have 300+ Free Space, it told me there wasnt enough space so i had to delete the only 4 apps that I had (and the runtime is 80Mbs)
    05-01-16 11:41 AM
    People complaining about battery life on a Q5 is just nonsense. Q5 ranks just behind my Z30 with battery life. I have gone almost 2 days between charges on my Q5. Heck I can go 14-16 hours on my Z10!. If you're not happy with your battery performance I suggest 2 things. 1. Reinstall/Update the OS 2. Review how you are using your phone and what you can do to conserve battery.

No, not if you are on a 3year old worn out battery.

This is why removable battery wins.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 12:17 PM
    Sometimes when I take a picture it makes the shutter sound but doesn't save an image and I have to take the same shot a few more times to actually get it. Might be since I installed Android apps or maybe the hardware?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 08:34 AM
110 ... 2345