Hi, I updated my BB OS and tried android apps install my Blackberry device using DDPB tool. But it wasn't success. Something which I don't know getting wrong.

For example I downloaded viber app bar files on PlayBook .apk to .bar converter then I installed. Now, When I start the viber, Viber opening but it gives an error message.

Viber says "For using the viber you need internet connection". I have intenet connection and I have wifi. But I dont know why the viber not working on my BB.

Does anyone knows cause of this problem?

Thanks...

Meanwhile I sent an e-mail to viber support team and I asked them "will you relase new edition compatible with Blackberry 10."

They replied "No, Unfortunately, we will not be releasing a version compatible with Blackberry 10. We apologize for the inconvenience"

I dare say BB is not populer devices for mobile application company anymore
    02-05-14 11:25 AM
    If you have the newest OS 10.2.1, why are you converting to BAR? you can just install the APK file that you are converting.

I dont think converted Viber works, try installing the APK.
    And you are correct, many developers have no interest in developing for BB10.
    02-05-14 12:34 PM
    Vines works... tested myself. just download the Amazon android app store onto your phone directly (Google it) and get from there. Easy peasy

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 01:02 PM
    Vines=viber

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 01:02 PM
    Lol I was going to say!

I'm pretty sure it didn't work as a converted bar though.
    I think that's what the op meant.
    02-05-14 02:11 PM
    First I tried apk to bar convert method using the DDPB tools. Afterwards I started to install just using the apk files.

Finally which methot ı done it's not working on my bb. Viber installation was succesfully but when I open the viber apps, it says "You should have internet connection to use viber". Where as I have internet connection on my phone already (3g + wifi)

İnteresting problem I think
    02-05-14 03:04 PM
    Android apps are basically designed for Android phones.

But I did install some bar files before the update to 10.2 and now the APKS.

Some install and work fine, the best being Truecaller and Shazum. Some just install and don't even boot or run.

So I got myself a secondary phone, a Lenovo running the latest android OS. They have a million apps and they run fine on this android P710i.

Now I have the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by tx ram; 02-06-14 at 10:19 AM.
    02-06-14 09:46 AM
    Likely I solved this problem (viber)

I changed my bb language settings from Turkish to English. After the language changing The Viber apps worked and getting actived.
    02-07-14 08:50 AM
    Do keep us posted on the satisfactory functioning of Viber. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    halux likes this.
    02-07-14 09:04 AM
    Viber is a good app. it provide the users free phone calling each other on the internet
    02-07-14 09:08 AM
    Hello everyone

I just got my Q5 today and I love it so so much but the app LINE is very important for me because all my friends use it.
    Please don't tell me to look around here, I have been looking around on crackberry for almost 2hrs now and still can't figure it out. I'm trying..
    Also, I use a mac and I have very little computer knowledge.
    If anyone can help me it would be very very nice.
    Thank you
    02-07-14 11:30 AM
    Hello everyone

I just got my Q5 today and I love it so so much but the app LINE is very important for me because all my friends use it.
    Please don't tell me to look around here, I have been looking around on crackberry for almost 2hrs now and still can't figure it out. I'm trying..
    Also, I use a mac and I have very little computer knowledge.
    If anyone can help me it would be very very nice.
    Thank you
    Have you ever tried to install line android apk to your Q5? After the 10.2 OS many of android apps have been working on Blackberry 10 devices
    02-07-14 12:17 PM