I have received a notice in the Hub, from the Amazon App store saying there is an update available. When I tap on it to update it the App store just hangs there with a black screen.

WTF BlackBerry? And you expect your user base to think this is acceptable? One would think that if BB10 devices are capable of running Android apps, that they'd sort of the friggin' bugs with this stuff. Actually reminds me of the Ebay app. Always an update that shows, but you can't do squat with it.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5.
    05-09-15 10:47 PM
    No issues here updating it.. try launching amazon, usually a few minutes after it syncs it will pop up to update

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 10:54 PM
    Why are you blasting BlackBerry?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    05-09-15 11:08 PM
    Why? Are you serious, lol?

Why am I ticked off? Buy a Passport out of your pocket, off contract, and have this half baked app store. That's why I'm saying this.

Why he asks...

They need to stop with the ported stuff. It sucks. Plain and simple.

05-09-15 11:56 PM
    If it's that the amazon/BlackBerry App stores don't have the apps your looking for you can install Google play store manually. They tried getting more developers to come on board but a lot of devs only want to do android and ios.

Windows phone is suffering the same app fate as BlackBerry. There will always be a few drawbacks supporting the underdogs of an industry.

The tools are there for developers but they are lazy and don't want to take the time past apple and Google.

On a side not John Chen did say BlackBerry has something brewing besides amazon as to do with apps. So time will tell, we may get a larger stock selection soon

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 04:47 PM
    Stop being a lazy weak whining troll, update the dang thing from the icon itself like I did on my Z30 about 4 hours ago. Techno ignorant!
    blueyestm likes this.
    05-11-15 04:56 PM
    Or just download it from APK Mirror like I did days ago. - Appstore release-17.0000.893.3C_647000010 APK Download - APKMirror
    05-11-15 05:02 PM
    Shouldn't have to sideload anything. Or use workarounds. That's my point. If it says there's an update available, it should work from the get go.

05-11-15 05:23 PM
    There is no need to side load amazon app store.. launch the store, go to settings, go to version and releases notes. Click check for updates, click install if it prompts.

Boom, amazon closes, installs, done. No work around needed...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 05:31 PM
    Also, people on Crackberry generally will be glad to help if your gonna work with them..

Also amazon has excellent customer service, I email them all the time with questions and have never been disappointed with their support

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 05:34 PM
    Shouldn't have to sideload anything. Or use workarounds. That's my point. If it says there's an update available, it should work from the get go.
    Understood.

However, things don't work from the get go for BlackBerry and to top it they do not listen to consumers. Hence, either we evaluate our needs and purchase the device despite the drawbacks and swim our way to the solution or sit here and complain when everyone is helping out with the solution.

Hopefully one of the methods works out for you:
    - Amazon Appstore direct update
    - Installation of updated .apk
    - Cobalt's patched playstore
    - Snap
    05-11-15 05:44 PM
    You just want to complain, about nothing. What, cause it didn't load from the hub, come on man. From the icon it rendered a screen and asked if I wanted to update or later, what could be easier. Does someone have to read this for you, stop and shake yourself or get a feature phone, cause a smart phone you don't need.
    05-11-15 05:45 PM
    Boy there sure are a lot of mouthpieces on here. Who wants help from a loudmouth? Not me, that's for sure.

Nevermind, I'll figure it out myself.

Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    05-11-15 08:18 PM
    Boy there sure are a lot of mouthpieces on here. Who wants help from a loudmouth? Not me, that's for sure.

Nevermind, I'll figure it out myself.

Yourself included, clearly. Several people gave you reasonable solutions. You just want to complain and not accept them. Should it update correctly by itself? Absolutely. But it didn't, so try one of the methods provided. No one here can instantly make BlackBerry fix it.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 08:52 PM
    Thanks for pointing that out. You're one who doesn't seem to do anything about the ignorant people on here, I see that for a fact.

05-17-15 10:00 AM
    Thanks for pointing that out. You're one who doesn't seem to do anything about the ignorant people on here, I see that for a fact.

It seems it's easy for for you to get grumpy at people who are simply trying to help you. Sure BlackBerry perfect, but the community here does a damn fine job at helping others in need and they should be given a little respect even if you yourself didn't find their particular responses helpful in your situation.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    05-17-15 10:51 AM
    My point is this: nice people on here get **** on, and no one does a damn thing about it.

Understand now? Plain enough?

05-17-15 10:56 AM
    Like midnightdoom said, just open the app store, click the bars on the top left to get to Settings, and then Version and Release Notes. Click on Check for Update.

Then say thank you to the people who are trying to help you.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 11:24 AM
    Like midnightdoom said, just open the app store, click the bars on the top left to get to Settings, and then Version and Release Notes. Click on Check for Update.

Then say thank you to the people who are trying to help you.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

However,
    I explained to people that I already tried this and that it didn't work. I went on to further explain that BlackBerry devices should work seamlessly with this new App Store, since it now comes on the devices these days.

What got to me was all the people then mouthing at me like I was complaining, etc.

So, if I got my back up because someone was being a jerk or mouthy to me, pardon me.

I guess I didn't know where my manners were ( unlike some) . LOL

05-18-15 09:46 AM
    Thank you.

However,
    I explained to people that I already tried this and that it didn't work. I went on to further explain that BlackBerry devices should work seamlessly with this new App Store, since it now comes on the devices these days.

What got to me was all the people then mouthing at me like I was complaining, etc.

So, if I got my back up because someone was being a jerk or mouthy to me, pardon me.

I guess I didn't know where my manners were ( unlike some) . LOL

Misunderstood. I thought the issue was with the link from the hub. Hopefully you can download latest version from apk mirror or direct from amazon. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:31 PM