After using all BB10 devices I think Q5 is the best device

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:24 PM
    I disagree but to each his own. I will give you it is the best phone on a price/performance ratio out of the lineup. Have had everything but a Q10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 04:46 PM
    and your arguments to back-up your sentence is...
    07-24-14 04:59 PM
    I have a Q5, Q10, and a Z30. I've posted many times how much I love the Q5. It really is the best lower end phone available right now IMO. I'd have to say that the Q10 is an overall better device due to its keyboard, built in memory, and hdmi port. There are times when I miss the Q5's screen brightness though, like if I'm outside in the sun. I would buy another Q5 if I ever found one in another color than black.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-24-14 05:01 PM
    I totally agree! This is my first blackberry since 2011 and I'm so happy I tried it again. I got my q5 in red which looks so bomb, the black seems pretty bland and I could not find a white one. It's so solid, runs super smooth. For the price point it kills a moto g or samsung ace 2x (I sell cell phones )

My last phone before the q5 was a samsung s4. I just couldn't do another day of android! So one morning so I said imma get me a red blackberry. I don't think i'll be so tempted by android again. But time will tell I suppose! I reccomend them to everyone I talk to! Too bad I can't order anymore red ones! Noone wants to buy the black hahah

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 09:21 PM
    I had a Q5 for a bit and it pales in comparison to my Q10, my 10 has way better battery life, more space, more power and I was happy to give back the 5 after a couple of days of checking it out. The 5 is perfect for some people and don't get me wrong, it is a fine phone, I just like more!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-08-14 10:44 PM
    Each to there own.

Z30 is the king for me, I have three and switch between Q5 for weight & compatability and Q10 for Speed and Quality

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-09-14 05:13 AM
    I've owned every BB10 device and the Q5 is the worst in my opinion. However, this isn't necessarily a negative because it's also the cheapest. The Z30 is easily the best BlackBerry to date.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    08-09-14 09:25 AM
    Good device, pity about the plasticky feel though. I got mine for $90 brand new so I'm happy, but no way I'd pay $150 for it.
    08-09-14 01:10 PM
    I own a Z30, a Z10 and a Q5. The Z30 I just keep at home on its dock connected to wifi for games and movies and stuff. I switch between the Z10 and the Q5 as my daily driver but the Q5 gets the most use due to its amazing battery life.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:59 PM
    I own a Z30, a Z10 and a Q5. The Z30 I just keep at home on its dock connected to wifi for games and movies and stuff. I switch between the Z10 and the Q5 as my daily driver but the Q5 gets the most use due to its amazing battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Similar experience here. I switch to the q5 when I need battery endurance, but I've kinda stopped now that I bought a powerbank. It has a 2amp output so it charges the z10 as fast as the BlackBerry premium charger-which to say is pretty darn quick. So it can go back in my bag and the z10 in my pocket without having to carry added bulk in pocket or hand for long.
    08-09-14 03:50 PM
    I had a Q5 for a bit and it pales in comparison to my Q10, my 10 has way better battery life, more space, more power and I was happy to give back the 5 after a couple of days of checking it out. The 5 is perfect for some people and don't get me wrong, it is a fine phone, I just like more!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    Oh yeah, the q10 is most def the big daddy for a qwerty phone. I just signed on for the q5 as it was cheaper than the q10 and would be my first introduction to os10.. I didn't even know it was a curve replacement tho I should have guessed I'm still just as amazed every time I use it from where it's come from! Wow! Wow wow! Hahaha. I can't wait for the passport to come out I will indeed be paying out my contract and signing on for it. So pleased to get my feet wet with the q5. Great cheap phone compared to the others in its 'class'

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 04:21 PM
    Oh yeah, the q10 is most def the big daddy for a qwerty phone. I just signed on for the q5 as it was cheaper than the q10 and would be my first introduction to os10.. I didn't even know it was a curve replacement tho I should have guessed I'm still just as amazed every time I use it from where it's come from! Wow! Wow wow! Hahaha. I can't wait for the passport to come out I will indeed be paying out my contract and signing on for it. So pleased to get my feet wet with the q5. Great cheap phone compared to the others in its 'class'

Posted via CB10
    What class all the other manufacturers have stopped making qwerty devices lol.
    Other than the fact it has lte, it's in no way better than the moto g. And btw, there is an lte version of the moto g out now.

Even on top of bb10's already limited app selection, not even all of that limited selection can run on the q5
    08-09-14 06:18 PM
    Haven't you heard of the upcoming Amazon App store pre-loaded on BB10?

White BlackBerry Q5 - CB10
    08-10-14 06:41 AM
    Haven't you heard of the upcoming Amazon App store pre-loaded on BB10?

White BlackBerry Q5 - CB10
    Having the amazon app store pre-installed won't mean much when half of the apps won't even run....

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:14 AM
    Other than the fact it has lte, it's in no way better than the moto g. And btw, there is an lte version of the moto g out now.

Even on top of bb10's already limited app selection, not even all of that limited selection can run on the q5
    Hahah the cheapy phone 0$ on a contract class .

I work for The Mobile Shop and enjoy selling phones all day. The moto g is super popular and every time I sell one I want one a little bit more, beauty screen and I love the weight of it not to mention all the oem cases motorola is making for it. But I never last with an android phone! Gs3 gs4 and countless cheap androids were never able to hold my attention. I'd love to try an lte moto g however it's only on rogers wireless currently at my store Annnd I won't be switching to rogers!

As far as apps go I have everything I want to use on here! And nothing I don't want! It's great for me (: I'm on this puppy all day talking or texting. Life is too short to play games on your phone imo. So I rock the perfect messaging phone for meee! It's all about swaying people away from the stigma of what a blackberry was.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 likes this.
    08-10-14 10:40 AM
    Having the amazon app store pre-installed won't mean much when half of the apps won't even run....

Posted via CB10
    "Half"?

I've had one not run. The rest are fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 11:33 AM

Limited app selection is very subjective. My Q5 has all the apps I will ever need...or want for that matter. Again, that's just me. I don't play games and I'm not too much into social media. I use my Q5 mostly for work and keeping up to date with news, sports etc. I don't have a Q10 so I can't compare it to that device. And I won't compare it to Android or IOS as it just works for me - physical keyboard, battery, form and weight all are great.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 01:45 PM
    I think app availability should be disregarded when assessing a device because the hardware + software combination is separated from the app dev's.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:37 PM

I'm not an app guy but, Q5 eats moto G for breakfast! I had the moto but sold it because it never got used after the two weeks I got it. Tried out cyanogenmod 11, it helped but felt pretty unstable so I stopped using it and that's that. If 10.3 fixes android notifications then I'd be 100% content with BlackBerry, right now it's like a pretty solid 95%!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:54 PM
    I've had a lot of apps not work on the q5 from the amazon app store. They install, they run, but UI elemments like buttons are off the screen, etc as it wasn't designed for a square screen.

I'm going to give the q5 to my mum, (actually I bought It for her when BlackBerry was selling it for $90 on employee discount but haven't given it to her yet as I've hijacked it to use as a travel phone lol) because all she needs is a handful of apps like skype, puzzle games for killing time, watsapp, you get the idea.
    08-11-14 05:20 AM
    I mentioned moto g because another poster did. My personal preference amongst low end droids at the moment would be the Asus zenfone 5 since its snappy and has 2GB ram
    08-11-14 05:21 AM
    I have a Q10 and I have had my hands on many Q5s. The more I use it, the more I like it. I think it is a nicer looking device too, especially in red.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 05:28 PM
    Do any of you see a difference in typing/keyboard with Q5 and Q10

Posted with no typos using the Q10
    08-14-14 01:25 PM
    I got Q5 for mt wife.
    Tried it, comparing with my z10.

Q5 looks really nice. Maybe the layout is a bit odd ( as I used to z10) but ir is really nice. And snappy

Z10 on 4500 mah steroids, powered with 10.2.1.3247
    08-14-14 06:46 PM
26 12