I've had my Q5 for about two years now and it worked fine, really loved it. Last week I went to update via Link and got an error around the 90% mark. After that the phone was acting weird. Hub was taking forever to load. I then did a full wipe, updated again via Link and restored my latest backup. It seemed normal at first but then it started freezing up. I'd have to do the hard restart (holding the two volume buttons in) to get it unfrozen.

After this there was a major power issue and the fully charged phone would go down to 20% in an hour. The freeze up stuff happened again and upon the restart the phone would boot up and then just turn off. Now it won't take a charge or even connect with blackberry link. It's totally bricked.

This all happened on the weekend at the start of a 10 day trip. When it bricked up I found a retail outlet for my carrier, Fido in the city I was in. Since they no longer sell blackberry devices they said there was nothing I could do but take a new phone, so no I have an Android. I contacted blackberry asking for help and they asked me questions about using link and power questions, then told me in very broken English that I needed to deal with my service provider, so that's been no help.

I just recently tried to plug it in again and it started to take a charge, booted up for a couple of minutes then went black. Now it's bricked again, won't take a charge or turn on.

After years of sticking with Blackberry, this is unfortunately the end of the line. The Q5 worked great until that update and then it all went to hell after.

I regularly backed it up but since it's now bricked I can't transfer my contacts off the Q5. Any idea if there's a way to transfer contacts to an Android from a bb10 backup? I was able to transfer some of my BBM contacts over, but had so many others in my general contact number list that I'd like to get on my new phone.
    08-05-15 03:05 AM
    Does your Q5 still act weird if you security wipe without restoring backup?
    08-05-15 06:08 AM
    I can't get it to do another security wipe since it won't stay on, take a charge or connect with link right now.

Tried to plug it in for a charge, the red light came on, it started to boot up. After booting up it was loading hub and then just shut off and went black. It's now back to not taking a charge or responding to anything again.
    08-05-15 02:03 PM
    I can't get it to do another security wipe since it won't stay on, take a charge or connect with link right now.

Tried to plug it in for a charge, the red light came on, it started to boot up. After booting up it was loading hub and then just shut off and went black. It's now back to not taking a charge or responding to anything again.
    Download the latest autoloader to your PC from Thurask's archive. Unzip it. Plug in your device and run the autoloader. Try to hit it when it starts to boot, and it should grab it.

Get the large Q10 file (same as Q5). You can ignore the two smaller files.

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...K2KeGnmvMO4WQ/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-05-15 02:13 PM
    Thank you!
    08-06-15 09:28 PM
    It was totally bricked, wouldn't connect long enough to do anything. I was able to get most of my contacts off the sim card in my retired Curve. After a couple weeks of adjustment I'm fairly happy with Android.
    08-14-15 01:01 PM
    It was totally bricked, wouldn't connect long enough to do anything. I was able to get most of my contacts off the sim card in my retired Curve. After a couple weeks of adjustment I'm fairly happy with Android.
    Android?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 02:07 PM
    So what happened to the Q5?
    08-14-15 09:26 PM
    The important things to remember about updates is to be plugged into power and leave it alone until its done.
    If you plug your phone into power, not thru a computer, and leave it off if you can, and let it make sure it gets a good charge if the battery can still take one, it might be the main problem you are having. Just let charge overnight,

Then, if you reupdate, give it a day or three to get over it. Restart it and let it be weird if it needs to be, in the end battery life should be better than ever.

I dont know, my Q5 snuck its update in without me realizing and it ran the battery way down, and i didnt want to update. But it ended up with no problems at all.

Hows the Q5 now, did you give up on it entirely?
    08-14-15 10:26 PM