hmmm....I wonder if BlackBerry is working on a virtual tool belt and track pad concept that may be toggle on and off, thus giving users options....
    I was wondering the exact same thing . . I would really like that if its done well
    04-23-14 10:10 AM
    I think calling it the "Classic" instead of the Q20 is a huge branding error.

What's the next BELTED device going to be called... the "Also Classic"?

Calling it the "Classic" fills me with dread that Mr. Chen thinks this REALLY is the VERY LAST CHANCE and if the "Classic" doesn't sell, there's no point to trying to come up with names for subsequent devices. It's like the device name you choose when there's only going to be one device in the line)
    The next one will be called "Classic - C20 or C30"
    04-23-14 10:44 AM
    Another Possible, Apologies if this has been posted before, i will delete if its a copy

Found an interesting Q20 mock-up image.-ddddd.jpg
    revtech likes this.
    04-23-14 01:44 PM
    Another Possible, Apologies if this has been posted before, i will delete if its a copy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ddddd.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	265173
    Yes, Yes, Yes! There it is! That's the one! [throws money at screen, gets no results] . . .

. . . there may also be some who will want the 'call' and 'end' buttons too; which I wouldn't be opposed to, but I love this look, thank you for the eye candy! [then fully realizes it probably won't look like this and proceeds to get sad :'( ]
    Last edited by revtech; 04-23-14 at 02:46 PM.
    Matty likes this.
    04-23-14 02:20 PM
    Again, missing the point, "Classic" means that, classic. Don't expect something new.

#believeinfilm
    04-23-14 03:22 PM
    Again, missing the point, "Classic" means that, classic. Don't expect something new.

#believeinfilm
    Don't know who you're addressing but I'd be fine with that too
    04-23-14 03:41 PM
    BlackBerry is spelled wrong (Blackberry)

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 03:44 PM
    For those wondering...this is old, but who knows, it may be semi-accurate...

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/bb10roadmap.jpg
    That is a known fake.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 03:45 PM
    I found a rendering from Google search, and it's my favorite so far. Can't seem to attach it properly though. I'll try again in a bit.
    04-23-14 08:04 PM
    I think calling it the "Classic" instead of the Q20 is a huge branding error.

What's the next BELTED device going to be called... the "Also Classic"?

Calling it the "Classic" fills me with dread that Mr. Chen thinks this REALLY is the VERY LAST CHANCE and if the "Classic" doesn't sell, there's no point to trying to come up with names for subsequent devices. It's like the device name you choose when there's only going to be one device in the line)
    It'll be 'the classicer' then the one to follow will be 'the classicto'

Posted with my awesome Z30
    04-23-14 10:32 PM
    I found a rendering from Google search, and it's my favorite so far. Can't seem to attach it properly though. I'll try again in a bit.
    Post a link. Unless it has that 3-row keyboard. Then I don't want to see it, so warn me if it is...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-23-14 10:33 PM
    Post a link. Unless it has that 3-row keyboard. Then I don't want to see it, so warn me if it is...

Nah, I think a 3-row keyboard looks terrible so none of that.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:49 PM
    I'm liking it more and more, can't wait to officially see it. Hope Chen takes the Classic name and turns it back into the Bold as a surprise at the release, that would be incredible for me.
    04-23-14 11:57 PM
    Nah, I think a 3-row keyboard looks terrible so none of that.

Posted via CB10
    :-P then post a link to the image you found.

04-24-14 12:26 AM
    I really like this rendering. I found it on a Google search about a month ago. I can't really determine if it has a silver bezel or not. I like the rounded corners and taller screen.

Disclaimer: This rendering was not made by me, nor do I claim it to be mine. Credit belongs to its artist.

Found an interesting Q20 mock-up image.-q20-01.jpg
    revtech, phuoc and Mr4aces like this.
    04-24-14 05:02 AM
    I love all of the speculation, but you never really will know until it has been released.

Posted via Q10
    04-24-14 06:01 AM
    I really like this rendering. I found it on a Google search about a month ago. I can't really determine if it has a silver bezel or not. I like the rounded corners and taller screen.

Disclaimer: This rendering was not made by me, nor do I claim it to be mine. Credit belongs to its artist.

Name:	q20 01.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	265330
    Put the 9900/9930 keyboard on this and call it a day; appearance-wise anyway. (imo)
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-24-14 07:20 AM
    I do wish it had a curved keyboard.

I just realized that based on my preferences, apparently my ideal Classic/Q20 dream phone is basically a Bold 9900 with a taller screen and running on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    revtech, phuoc and Mr4aces like this.
    04-24-14 08:43 AM

Name:	q20 01.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	265330
    I think that actually might be mine, lol. Or at least if someone else made it they put all of the same elements together, haha!

Edit: I actually posted it on here a while back, not in its own thread, but as a reply to someone else saying they would rather it be more rounded like a Q10...
    revtech likes this.
    04-24-14 11:08 AM

I just realized that based on my preferences, apparently my ideal Classic/Q20 dream phone is basically a Bold 9900 with a taller screen and running on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-24-14 11:10 AM
    A friend of mine just messaged me this picture of a possible "Blackberry Q20 (Classic)"

Im presuming the keyboard will still be changed to have all the numbers on it
    but if this came out i would be happy, i like how its very sleek at the top Attachment 264922
    Doubt it'd be like this. I'm imagining touch capacitive tool belt with physical trackpad, 1:1 screen, and hopefully a real keyboard (none of the 3-row-keyboard stuff)

Posted from my TARDIS!
    04-24-14 11:36 AM
    Have fun having to do an extra swipe every time you need a symbol. :-) <-- that should be fun to do on that 3 row keyboard...

Would the swipe down not be more efficient than having to press a key first? Have you had the chance to use the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard with its swipe functions? I can see the hybrid keyboard on the Q20 become the very best of both worlds. Of course, we have to wait and see what happens in the end and what functions that space bar will have in the 3 row keyboard.
    04-24-14 12:31 PM
    Would the swipe down not be more efficient than having to press a key first? Have you had the chance to use the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard with its swipe functions? I can see the hybrid keyboard on the Q20 become the very best of both worlds. Of course, we have to wait and see what happens in the end and what functions that space bar will have in the 3 row keyboard.
    Nope, because when you type two handed, you can start reaching for the alt while still typing normal characters and the press it the moment before you press the appropriate key for the symbol. While with the swipe method you HAVE to wait until you're done typing normal characters before you can swipe, THEN you have to look at the changed keys to find the symbol (something you could have done while typing if the symbols were printed on the keys), THEN press the appropriate key. And even typing one handed it would match the speed of the swipe method until you need to type multiple characters together, the the swipe method totally falls apart. Imagine if you had to swipe before every character if you're doing a string of characters. And even if it toggles, then it'll screw you up in normal typing where you only need one symbol...

And virtual keyboards need these tricks to COMPENSATE for the fact that you can't do multiple things on them simultaneously like you could on a physical keyboard. It makes no sense to put the handicaps of a virtual keyboard onto a device that's already sacrificing screen space for a physical keyboard. If that was the case, I'll just use an all-touch since you're removing the benefits of a physical keyboard.

It's in fact the worst of both worlds...

04-24-14 02:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    From what I've read, I think that is pretty much what it's going to be. For once BlackBerry is paying attention to what the non-iPhone people want.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-24-14 04:57 PM
    Nope, because when you type two handed, you can start reaching for the alt while still typing normal characters and the press it the moment before you press the appropriate key for the symbol. While with the swipe method you HAVE to wait until you're done typing normal characters before you can swipe, THEN you have to look at the changed keys to find the symbol (something you could have done while typing if the symbols were printed on the keys), THEN press the appropriate key. And even typing one handed it would match the speed of the swipe method until you need to type multiple characters together, the the swipe method totally falls apart. Imagine if you had to swipe before every character if you're doing a string of characters. And even if it toggles, then it'll screw you up in normal typing where you only need one symbol...

And virtual keyboards need these tricks to COMPENSATE for the fact that you can't do multiple things on them simultaneously like you could on a physical keyboard. It makes no sense to put the handicaps of a virtual keyboard onto a device that's already sacrificing screen space for a physical keyboard. If that was the case, I'll just use an all-touch since you're removing the benefits of a physical keyboard.

It's in fact the worst of both worlds...

I see where you're coming from. I've used Bold keyboards for years and the virtual keyboard was my only hesitation to switch. But after more than a year of hard abuse, I can't imagine I'd be more efficient on a virtual keyboard anymore.

I know (perhaps knew by know) the physical keyboard in and out and totally understand what you say. But I can honestly say that I know this virtual keyboard in and out as well. Whether I type with one hand or two, it is so efficient and fast. Even entering single symbols is easy (after a year of full abuse that is), you just have to know where they are. The only thing it takes is a jump in the deep and keep at it. The physical keyboard was a plunge in the deep back in the day as well. You're way faster now than you were then.

The two things I could give you is typing while walking and typing blindly with one hand. Typing blindly with two hands is a breeze, auto-correct on this thing is a beast.
    04-24-14 06:44 PM
78 1234