Here is a rendering I did based on what we know of the Q20 and some of the "Dev Alpha D"/Windermere leaks.

This is my interpretation of the "Classic" Q20 coming later this year. Using the "Dev Alpha D" leak from recent, I adapted a similar keyboard as well as the 3.5" display that should be proportionally accurate to the Q10 besides it.

Evolution of the CLASSIC - Q20 Render-classic-q20.jpg

I included both devices to show how I imagine the overflow context menus to translate from the virtual tab bar to the returning physical key strip. The goal was to retain as much of the iconic BlackBerry Bold design as possible. Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 02-25-14 at 11:54 PM.
    joejuck, madx80h, grover5 and 1 others like this.
    02-25-14 10:02 PM
    I like the top one on right...
    02-25-14 10:08 PM
    Top right and bottom right are the same..

Posted via CB10
    zocster and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    02-25-14 10:49 PM
    Here is a rendering I did based on what we know of the Q20 and some of the "Dev Alpha D"/Windermere leaks.

This is my interpretation of the "Classic" Q20 coming later this year. Using the "Dev Alpha D" leak from recent, I adapted a similar keyboard as well as the 3.5" display that should be proportionally accurate to the Q10 besides it.

Attachment 250943

I included both devices to show how I imagine the overflow context menus to translate from the virtual tab bar to the returning physical key strip. The goal was to retain as much of the iconic BlackBerry Bold design as possible. Let me know what you think!
    I like the renders a lot. Great job with taking the leaked device's keyboard. But I think you should swap the two buttons on the "button belt", the "back" and "menu". Just like how they were in BBOS. Anyways its a good idea and looks really solid

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    02-25-14 10:51 PM
    I like the renders a lot. Great job with taking the leaked device's keyboard. But I think you should swap the two buttons on the "button belt", the "back" and "menu". Just like how they were in BBOS. Anyways its a good idea and looks really solid
    Yup! I thought about this, but I did it to keep them closer to how they are in the existing BB10 UI. The back button is typically to the very left, and the context overflow button is to the right. But you're right. I don't know if this was the right thing to do, but I feel like it could be a new trait that users can adapt to OR it will cause hell to break loose lol.

Update: I actually changed it to be the more traditional layout. I thought about it, and I think they would be more likely to keep it more traditional. Heck, they might even just keep the BB logo, but I just kept the (3 dot) overflow to stay consistent with BB10.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 02-25-14 at 11:13 PM.
    02-25-14 10:56 PM
    I actually prefer the 3 dots to the older BlackBerry logo.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-25-14 11:39 PM
    hmm I like the idea und the design, but I am thinking if the device maybe gets too big? height-wise, because it might be hard to reach the top end of the touch screen ans width-wise because people with small hands might find it hard to reach all the keys?
    Just thinking...

Posted with my Q10 on 10.2.1.537
    02-25-14 11:59 PM
    Looks good but where is the" alt"

via Q10
    02-26-14 01:38 AM
    The updated look is good. Monochromatic and sleek look. Nicely done. I would really like to have those phone buttons back if nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 06:59 AM
    Cool mockup.

But, the Belt does not removed the necessity to have a Tab Bar. This is a fundamental piece of the BB10 UI that a Belt can not replace..
    02-26-14 08:53 AM
    Cool mockup.

But, the Belt does not removed the necessity to have a Tab Bar. This is a fundamental piece of the BB10 UI that a Belt can not replace..
    You think so? I disagree. I think the tab bar at the bottom was added in the absence of the physical key belt. If the physical keys are brought back, then I don't see why this should waste screen real estate. It's redundant.
    02-26-14 10:23 AM
    Good job, but the keyboard seems to be not the BlackBerry one some keys are missing actually.

I wonder how a curved one could look like. I personally liked the looks the curved keyboards a lot. It just added some special appeal somehow.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 04:46 PM
    Agree a couple of keys are missing in mockup. Be interesting to see final design.
    If not too tall, I'm looking forward to Q20.
    02-26-14 05:50 PM
    I know you wanted to mimic the classics but in BB10 case return arrow should be on the left side of the trackpad.
    02-26-14 06:25 PM
    Good job, but the keyboard seems to be not the BlackBerry one some keys are missing actually.
    Agree a couple of keys are missing in mockup. Be interesting to see final design.
    This was intentional, to go off the leak of the Windermere(?)/Dev Alpha D keyboard we've been seeing. It has been reported that the keys will be touch sensitive and one can swipe on them to toggle between symbols, numbers, and letters. They could have a display beneath the keys and change based on context similar to the new Lenovo X1 Carbon keyboard. There's a lot of uncertainty, but we do have a photo of the leak.

3 row keyboard
    Evolution of the CLASSIC - Q20 Render-windermere2_thumb.jpg

I might revise this to have the more likely, classic keyboard though.

I know you wanted to mimic the classics but in BB10 case return arrow should be on the left side of the trackpad.
    I originally had this but people were asking me to change it to the original layout. I agree though, the reverse would be closer to the BB10 UI.
    02-26-14 10:25 PM
    I think BlackBerry should take the 9900 and just make everything proportionally bigger.

That'd be my dream phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 10:51 PM
    I like it, size looks good also.
    02-26-14 11:40 PM
    Very nice work. I wish I had that phone right now.

Agree with removing the bottom tab, it really does eat up valuable screen space, especially when its just a back and overflow button. In some cases, like when u first open the music app, it is useful to keep.

Also very concerned with how BlackBerry plans to implement that new keyboard without the 4th row. Maybe you get used to it fast.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:11 PM