Well according to this interview with John Chen..
    Q: People love their BlackBerrys. You have a whole host of people who really want you to succeed because they love the product. How important is this loyalty?
    A: I very much appreciate of that. It's a big part of where we're going to go. When you look at our loyal customer base, it's very much concentrated in the government space, in enterprises like banks, insurance companies and various extremely productive oriented industries that need to be very secure. They need to have high security and trusting of the products, both in the handset as well as the software. That's a big part of my "road map" and strategy.
    I'll give you a couple of examples: We're going to return the familiar user experience in the handsets business. There's a new product called the BlackBerry Classic that's coming out. It's an updated and enhanced version of one of our most popular and successful products called the Bold. It will include a keyboard and a good touch-screen, very fast Internet, Web-browsing capability and multimedia capability. But also it will be very productive and very secure. So, all the familiar things that people love, with some new technology updated. That will come out in November along with the server that helps companies manage devices. Not only the BlackBerry device, but every device, the iPhone and androids and Windows and everything else.
    Maria Bartiromo talks to BlackBerry CEO Chen

Subscribe to my BBM channel pin:C002FED66
    04-20-14 03:02 PM
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    04-20-14 03:31 PM
    Roll on November, hope that includes UK as well, really looking forward to this phone being released.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    04-20-14 03:51 PM
    When reading this from a dark theme that Yellow highlight is very bright.....just fyi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-20-14 03:56 PM
    November is so far away.

Posted via CB10
    Orange UK likes this.
    04-20-14 04:15 PM
    Hmmm is it just me or has the release date slipped slightly? Weren't they saying October maybe November B4? And then October / November, and now just November?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 04:44 PM
    Hmmm is it just me or has the release date slipped slightly? Weren't they saying October maybe November B4? And then October / November, and now just November?

Posted via CB10
    I don't remember to be honest. This phone is going to be BlackBerry 10 right. It almost sounds like he's describing a beefed up OS 7 device.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    04-20-14 04:50 PM
    ouch... 7 months to wait!!!
    I was expecting 2-3 months max and didn't feel like able to wait that long!
    at that time people would have been brainwashed by 3-4 new android flagships and a larger new iphone 6...
    A launch by this summer would have been more wise strategically
    thermiks likes this.
    04-20-14 04:50 PM
    November sounds about right. I don't think they ever said it was coming this summer.
    04-20-14 04:52 PM
    Really curious whether the will give a modern spin to the toolbelt. And how it will mix with OS10. Only time will tell I guess.
    Nemzy and Mr4aces like this.
    04-20-14 04:54 PM
    November sounds about right. I don't think they ever said it was coming this summer.
    never heard it me neither but it seems very long to wait until november and like i said all major phone makers will have thrown their last devices in the battle at that time... (and i really want a bigger screen asap!!!)
    04-20-14 05:00 PM
    Return to BlackBerry Classic...

To bad the device was never the big selling point. Push Email and great battery life is what made BlackBerry popular. The device was a bonus.

But the technology has changed... push email means nothing and many devices have good battery life.

SECURITY Is all BlackBerry has going for it, but there doesn't seem to be a very big demand for that. Especially with that #4 platform hanging in there.

Posted via CB10
    Rolf Hed likes this.
    04-20-14 05:19 PM

To bad the device was never the big selling point. Push Email and great battery life is what made BlackBerry popular. The device was a bonus.

But the technology has changed... push email means nothing and many devices have good battery life.

SECURITY Is all BlackBerry has going for it, but there doesn't seem to be a very big demand for that. Especially with that #4 platform hanging in there.

Posted via CB10
    Security is always in demand even when people don't ask for it... the thing is people aren't proactive and only care after an incident...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-20-14 05:25 PM
    Ii don't think so. I think it was more the keyboard and navigation through the OS has always been the selling point. And there is not even a close second in that venue.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and acovey like this.
    04-20-14 05:27 PM
    Seems like they are always late,bet it's 2015 hope not but wouldn't surprise me.
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    04-20-14 05:34 PM
    ouch... 7 months to wait!!!
    I was expecting 2-3 months max and didn't feel like able to wait that long!
    at that time people would have been brainwashed by 3-4 new android flagships and a larger new iphone 6...
    A launch by this summer would have been more wise strategically
    No it was always coming in the fall. The problem with the Q20 / Classic is that they have to make major modifications to BB10 for it. BB10 was built from the ground up as a gesture based OS, and now they are adding a trackpad and menu button to it. Two things that it was never designed for

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:48 PM
    No it was always coming in the fall. The problem with the Q20 / Classic is that they have to make major modifications to BB10 for it. BB10 was built from the ground up as a gesture based OS, and now they are adding a trackpad and menu button to it. Two things that it was never designed for

Posted via CB10
    So a Q30 without tool-belt and with larger than 3.5" screen could be possible sooner than a Classic that requires a rebuild OS in that logic?
    04-20-14 06:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if the user experience will be good/received well considering this issue of adding in trackpad and menu button functionality??? :-( Let's hope it works well...
    04-20-14 06:12 PM
    Really think I'll get this. I remember being excited for a 'bbx' bold back in 2010 or 11 when they first started talking about the new platform. This is that phone - ex bold users have waited long enough.

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-20-14 06:23 PM
    November is so far away.

Posted via CB10
    Just in time for Christmas

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-20-14 06:24 PM
    Ii don't think so. I think it was more the keyboard and navigation through the OS has always been the selling point. And there is not even a close second in that venue.
    For business, BlackBerry had management before anyone taught about management... so BlackBerry was big in the corporate world. Now any device can be managed.

I'm sure reasons varied, but I know five people who once had personal BlackBerries.... EMAIL was the reason, no other device could deliver email the way a BlackBerry could. I had a Palm, and it might take 15 minutes to get an email. And the battery lasted 5 hours if I was lucky. To be honest the was a LOT {group text, better notification setting like for meetings) about the Palm OS that I liked much better than BBOS... but the battery life and instant email is what drove me to change.
    04-20-14 06:25 PM
    A brilliant move that would justify the wait until Fall would be a dual boot bbos7/BB10. It would streamline the inventory management, amp up purchase power for manufaacturing, and migrate bb7 holdouts to BB10 over time.

Legacy 7 running on a 2.x megahertz processor, a few MB of ram would fly!

Posted via CB10
    maliz23 likes this.
    04-20-14 06:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, i certainly never heard from RIM itself that OS10 was never designed to accommodate trackpad and hard keys. Trackpad was certainly in RIM's inventory while 10 was being developed. It's not like they never heard of the thing before. Having programmed quite a few industrial processors myself, it just doesn't look like it should be so difficult to "OR" the pushbutton's discrete input along with the output bit of the "gesture" processing subroutines. Likely through a one shot set/reset bit. "ORing" in trackpad position registers would be a little more complex but they certainly managed well enough on the 9900. Some "executive decisions" would need to be made to decide how to interpret trackpad "gestures" and interface them. No reason that should alter existing touch logic that i can see. Not that i can see much anyway. Interfacing multiple pointing devices is pretty old hat stuff around the world these days. I'd actually find it rather preposterous that RIM wouldn't have included that logic while developing 10. But then, RIM has done some pretty preposterous things before, so...
    04-20-14 06:37 PM
    Security is always in demand even when people don't ask for it... the thing is people aren't proactive and only care after an incident...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    That statement doesn't really make sense (to me at least). Firstly, something cannot be "in demand" if people don't ask for it. You also said people "only care about security after an incident" so basically if most people do not have incidents regarding security, then it is as Scalemaster34 said, there is not a very big demand for security [Especially for the everyday consumer]
    Last edited by Nemzy; 04-20-14 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added
    MERCDROID, Rello, Raddin and 2 others like this.
    04-20-14 06:47 PM
    Well according to this interview with John Chen..

Maria Bartiromo talks to BlackBerry CEO Chen

Subscribe to my BBM channel pin:C002FED66
    Well it seems to me that the question as posed to Chen and his answer to it are very telling. One could read the question, as I did, from the perspective of an individual consumer and not a corporate or government entity. Chens response is directed only at the corporate and government. The individual consumer not even being mentioned. Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into it but CEOs like Chen typically choose their words very intently.

Z10
    04-20-14 06:49 PM
198 123 ...