So a Q30 without tool-belt and with larger than 3.5" screen could be possible sooner than a Classic that requires a rebuild OS in that logic?
    Yes, except for the fact that the RUMORED Q30 has not been announced and the Classic has so it doesn't look like we will be seeing the Q30 b4 the Z20, but you never know....

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 06:51 PM
    Hmmm is it just me or has the release date slipped slightly? Weren't they saying October maybe November B4? And then October / November, and now just November?

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry BlackBerry will likely miss this date and deliver in December or January. For the industries they are targeting, particularly Federal, they should have had them out in summer to try to get end of year funds dumped their way, but that would make too much sense.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:58 PM
    That statement doesn't really make sense (to me at least). Firstly, something cannot be "in demand" if people don't ask for it. You also said people "only care about security after an incident" so basically if most people do not have incidents regarding security, then it is as Scalemaster34 said, there is not a very big demand for security [Especially for the everyday consumer]
    This is like saying I never have accidents so I don't need a seat belt....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    04-20-14 07:59 PM
    Glad to hear it will be modeled after the 9900. This is going to be the phone everyone was really waiting for when they said they were developing BB10.
    BB Super Junior likes this.
    04-20-14 08:05 PM
    No it was always coming in the fall. The problem with the Q20 / Classic is that they have to make major modifications to BB10 for it. BB10 was built from the ground up as a gesture based OS, and now they are adding a trackpad and menu button to it. Two things that it was never designed for

Posted via CB10
    BB10 did supported the physical keyboard on the Q10, so how difficult can a belt be.
    04-20-14 08:08 PM
    No it was always coming in the fall. The problem with the Q20 / Classic is that they have to make major modifications to BB10 for it. BB10 was built from the ground up as a gesture based OS, and now they are adding a trackpad and menu button to it. Two things that it was never designed for

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but your statement is false and I'll tell you why.

I too have a Q10 and it will perform tasks or actions faster when using the physical keys than my Z10 and now Z30. I have all 3 phones and I know what the Q10 does better than a Z30 and vice versa. The OS has provisioning for physical key input already and it will always be more responsive because its input is individual rather than combined with the screen input and how it's data is prioritized.

If anything, the belt will only enhance the fine tuning aspects of the OS such as touching the trackpad to quickly bring up a cursor to select point of selection or entry point for text. The current method of interaction from the Q10 is superior but I can see where it can see an improvement. However they still need to make the OS faster at responding to when you want to put the cursor somewhere specifically, or getting the edit circle to appear. Q20 will be a hit in its intended marketplace.

Z30 is the most superior touch device though. Z10 is the iPhone killer with its size and one handed use. People really don't know how amazing BlackBerry is today.
    mkiiw and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    04-20-14 09:07 PM
    This is like saying I never have accidents so I don't need a seat belt....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    No, thats not a good example. Someone stated here that there isn't a very big demand for security and I agree that is the case. If security was a top priority of mobile consumers BlackBerry wouldn't be where it is today. In BlackBerry's glory days, do you think that the majority of consumers purchasing BlackBerry did so for security? No they didn't. Security was only a priority when it came to enterprise.

Let me explain things in real terms. You have BlackBerry and the other phone and os manufacturers.BlackBerry's offer better security than the other alternatives. The fact that these other manufacturers are selling way more devices than BB's shows clearly that there is not a great demand for security. Even people buying BB's may not be doing so necessarily because of the security but instead because they like other features.
    04-20-14 09:13 PM
    Let's start with October first, get Walking Dead season 5 on and November will be here in no time!
    04-20-14 10:45 PM
    So. Far. Away.

I think "fall" was only the game plan from what I could tell.... was under the impression they were shooting for October, but I guess it could easily be November and maybe Chen is being safe (promise late, deliver early?).

Z30 love going to have to suffice until then.
    04-20-14 11:03 PM
    For business, BlackBerry had management before anyone taught about management... so BlackBerry was big in the corporate world. Now any device can be managed.

I'm sure reasons varied, but I know five people who once had personal BlackBerries.... EMAIL was the reason, no other device could deliver email the way a BlackBerry could. I had a Palm, and it might take 15 minutes to get an email. And the battery lasted 5 hours if I was lucky. To be honest the was a LOT {group text, better notification setting like for meetings) about the Palm OS that I liked much better than BBOS... but the battery life and instant email is what drove me to change.
    I agree if you go from a 9900 to another phone there is no comparison .....even today. I actively manage 10 email accounts. (Wish my BB was working)

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-20-14 11:08 PM
    Glad to hear it will be modeled after the 9900. This is going to be the phone everyone was really waiting for when they said they were developing BB10.
    I also wanted a Q10 but didn't buy because it did not have a tool belt. And what's up with ATT not having BB on display?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-20-14 11:13 PM
    November for the classic? Can't be helped I guess. BB10 needs to be modified quite a bit to make it work seamlessly with the belt and trackpad.

What I want to know is if BlackBerry will surprise us with a Q30 launch BEFORE november.

Q30 launch to coincide with 10.3.

BlackBerry "classic" to coincide with BES12.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-20-14 11:56 PM
    That interview cleared one question; now which US carriers will be carrying it since I couldn't get my hands on a Z30 from AT&T?
    Sorry if this has been covered.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 12:08 AM
    People say things like "The problem with the Q20 / Classic is that they have to make major modifications to BB10 for it."

Yet, these same people are too completely terrified to even TRY to describe what "major modifications" are required.

It irritates me, because ALMOST NO MODIFICATIONS WILL BE REQUIRED. ALMOST NONE. And, any that ARE made will be "invisible" to those on devices that don't have the Belt.

So a Q30 without tool-belt and with larger than 3.5" screen could be possible sooner than a Classic that requires a rebuild OS in that logic?
    Ok, you too... go ahead... try to describe what this "rebuild OS" will be like.

I just wish people would stop jumping to conclusions about how much work the Belt will be to implement, when they haven't even stopped for 2 seconds to actually think about it, never mind posting it along side their "it will be so much work to get BB10 to work with the Belt" statements.... because if you do think about it, you'd probably not post those "oh lord what horrible things will happen to my beautiful BB10 OS?" lamentations, because you'd realize that most of what is needed to support the Belt is already there.

Again. It irritates me.

I am eager for the release of these belted "Classic" devices (SLIDER!) and repeatedly seeing so-called "BlackBerry Fans" saying this stuff, building anti-Belt criticism before the launch, further disparaging BlackBerry "they don't know what they're doing"... irritates.
    bborgimicks likes this.
    04-21-14 12:22 AM
    I hope it will be released around the same time in Asia and Europe. </wishful thinking>

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 12:39 AM
    People say things like "The problem with the Q20 / Classic is that they have to make major modifications to BB10 for it."

Yet, these same people are too completely terrified to even TRY to describe what "major modifications" are required.

It irritates me, because ALMOST NO MODIFICATIONS WILL BE REQUIRED. ALMOST NONE. And, any that ARE made will be "invisible" to those on devices that don't have the Belt.

Ok, you too... go ahead... try to describe what this "rebuild OS" will be like.

I just wish people would stop jumping to conclusions about how much work the Belt will be to implement, when they haven't even stopped for 2 seconds to actually think about it, never mind posting it along side their "it will be so much work to get BB10 to work with the Belt" statements.... because if you do think about it, you'd probably not post those "oh lord what horrible things will happen to my beautiful BB10 OS?" lamentations, because you'd realize that most of what is needed to support the Belt is already there.

Again. It irritates me.

I am eager for the release of these belted "Classic" devices (SLIDER!) and repeatedly seeing so-called "BlackBerry Fans" saying this stuff, building anti-Belt criticism before the launch, further disparaging BlackBerry "they don't know what they're doing"... irritates.
    John chen said it himself mate. Dont make me look for the interview response. The problem is to make it work seamlessly. John said something in an interview about merging classic and modren elements of BlackBerry.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 12:47 AM
    I still do not see BB10 mentioned anywhere near the 'Classic' name. I have a pretty big suspicion, that this is going to be old system device (but then - why wait till November?).

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 12:59 AM
    Don't really think it matters when they release it as far as a summer release is concerned. Just has to be before the end of the year. It's going to be such a niche device and what not, meant for enterprise mainly. Those that really see the value in it will pick it up, doesn't matter what new iphone/ androids come out before November IMO.
    04-21-14 01:16 AM
    In November I will be... one year into my 2 year contract. if anything this phone is coming too soon for me, haha. Not all of us have the luxury of jumping to the newest best phone the moment it comes out. Just a note to the people complaining about the wait. The Z30 will barely be one year old!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 01:46 AM
    I still do not see BB10 mentioned anywhere near the 'Classic' name. I have a pretty big suspicion, that this is going to be old system device (but then - why wait till November?).

Posted via CB10
    Digging through that 10.3.0.140 leak reveals files for the Classic, so it's definitely a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 01:50 AM
    This phone is not for consumers it is for thr regulated industries. The new flagship phone is supposed to be the one that has the BlackBerry people excited. I don't see Chen and company being excited by a phone called the classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 01:53 AM
    Might be time to leave BlackBerry. Not liking them doing the same old mistake over and over.

Sad....JC is producing a phone he wants and not what the BYOD folks want.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    Savior4Life likes this.
    04-21-14 02:12 AM
    Might be time to leave BlackBerry. Not liking them doing the same old mistake over and over.

Sad....JC is producing a phone he wants and not what the BYOD folks want.
    What kind of BlackBerry phone do BlackBerry users want? Full touch? Nope, almost $1 billion dollar write-off. BB10 with keyboard? Nope, not close enough to BBOS7 with keyboard.
    04-21-14 02:39 AM
    The 'classic' may or may not woo back corporate professionals, but I fear BlackBerry is going to be an even more niche player in an already niche area here with this revamped 'classic'. Nothing I see to really get excited about. Keyboard phones are dead to the mass market, and only the die hard BlackBerry fans seem to want these dinosaur phones around still.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    04-21-14 03:15 AM
    Well, i certainly never heard from RIM itself that OS10 was never designed to accommodate trackpad and hard keys. Trackpad was certainly in RIM's inventory while 10 was being developed. It's not like they never heard of the thing before. Having programmed quite a few industrial processors myself, it just doesn't look like it should be so difficult to "OR" the pushbutton's discrete input along with the output bit of the "gesture" processing subroutines. Likely through a one shot set/reset bit. "ORing" in trackpad position registers would be a little more complex but they certainly managed well enough on the 9900. Some "executive decisions" would need to be made to decide how to interpret trackpad "gestures" and interface them. No reason that should alter existing touch logic that i can see. Not that i can see much anyway. Interfacing multiple pointing devices is pretty old hat stuff around the world these days. I'd actually find it rather preposterous that RIM wouldn't have included that logic while developing 10. But then, RIM has done some pretty preposterous things before, so...
    BB10 already fully and proficiently supports navigation using a bluetooth/usb mouse with a cursor in case many didn't realise. Adding track pad controls wouldn't really be any challenge since it can function in exactly the same manner. They might add some stuff but it's not like they would have to start from scratch to allow track pad control. I can see the track pad being very useful in situations where the device is hooked up to a projector, monitor or TV via HDMI or Miracast and the device can be easily used as a mini desktop/laptop replacement without the need for an additional mouse / keyboard. That would be one advantage real-world advantage over the touchscreen only paradigm because using a touchscreen only to control mirrored content while not looking at the touchscreen is difficult to near impossible to do proficiently.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 03:18 AM
198 1234 ...