View Poll Results: Do you think BlackBerry should skip NFC on the upcoming Q20 or not?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, ditch it!

24 13.71%
  • No, keep it!

151 86.29%
    My new Sony Vaio laptop has an NFC spot next to the touchpad. Tapping 'share - NFC' and touching my Q10 (in flip case) to the spot allows blindingly quick transfers of pictures, videos, and documents. I'm sure there are many more things that can be done and I haven't discovered yet.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    04-16-14 11:41 AM
    I've been using tims nfc app in the Vancouver area since it came out. They have just started to install bar code readers and now instead of saying I can't use my phone, they are trying to use the bar code reader even when I tell them it's NFC tap to pay . One cashier looked skeptical even when I showed her the screen for payment then tapped pay and the NFC scanning came on . I had time so I waited for the manager and he sorted it out. Now I just say Tim card then tap the terminal with my phone while they object .
    LoL, this is gold.

Thank you for sharing, I thought the NFC is being adopted widely in Canada especially at Tim's?
    04-16-14 11:45 AM
    My new Sony Vaio laptop has an NFC spot next to the touchpad. Tapping 'share - NFC' and touching my Q10 (in flip case) to the spot allows blindingly quick transfers of pictures, videos, and documents. I'm sure there are many more things that can be done and I haven't discovered yet.
    How about syncing the Q10 with the Vaio (using BlackBerry Desktop Software)?
    04-16-14 11:46 AM
    I use NFC daily. Its fast and easy way to share files contacts photos etc, additionally I use it at the cafe regularly. Yes BlackBerry should continue with that Technology, who cares what apple and BGR says. If Apple came with it BGR will be praising them like it was the greatest since sliced bread.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 11:18 PM
    Ok, so how exactly do I make NFC payments work on my 9930? There is at least one convenience store I go to regularly that has a tap to pay terminal. Namely, MasterCard's PayPass feature.

I would love to be able to pay with my phone, because I can forget cards when I change my pants and I hate having cards in my pocket to begin with because they get ruined and I start having a hard time making the gas pump read it.

Used to be an all cash guy but sometimes I literally cannot get into a bank with the hours I work sometimes and using a card to get money out of an ATM (paying a fee) to avoid using a card is kind of stupid...
    04-30-14 10:39 AM
205 ... 789