I bought the Z10 when it came out on Verizon, and I just picked up a Q10 today. After a few hours usage, I miss my Z10 so much I'm thinking about switching back, even giving up 10.1 and the incredible physical keyboard.

Don't get me wrong, I live the q10. It's incredible and it's simply a joy to use. Unfortunately, for the things I do: lots of video, lots of Web browsing, I think the Z10 suits me better. I might even look at the A10 later in the year, though I think it will be too big for me.

Anyone else having this buyers remorse?

Posted via CB10 on White VZW Z10
    07-15-13 10:27 PM
    Wouldn't call it remorse. But the forums I read and pics I see of the Z10 definitely are tantalizing. It would be awesome if you could choose either of them on an insurance plan. Haha

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:31 PM
    The Z10 screen make it better than the Q10r for me . you got full control of the os and enjoy the OS better with the Z10
    07-15-13 10:37 PM
    For Web browsing on my Q10, I make liberal use of the Reader Mode. Video can be an issue, but I don't watch much video on my cell.

But I will never go back to a software keyboard for as long as I can avoid it. I remain unconvinced that typing is as good as people say on the Z10. I tried SwiftKey on Android and didn't find it helpful. Instead of focusing on my wording, I was always worried about prediction and autocorrect.

This isn't to knock the Z10 in any way.

I just find BlackBerry's physical keyboards a joy to type on--even more so than a regular computer keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:48 PM
    I don't like having websites look so zoomed out. If I turn my z10 to landscape, I can navigate almost any site without zooming. It's nice. I will miss the battery life, but I don't think the difference is that huge. I do have two batteries for my Z10, so it's not a big deal for me.

The virtual keyboard and extra screen real estate is what makes the z10 the better phone for me. The physical keyboard is a dream to use, but for once, I think the virtual keyboard is way better.

07-15-13 10:50 PM
    I tried out reader mode, but mostly I just browse forums and financial websites. Anything else, I have my laptop or even my PlayBook for.

I tried to make an argument I can carry my PlayBook around with me for Web browsing, but I don't want two devices all the time. I don't see much point of tablets outside of handheld Netflix, which my PlayBook doesn't do anyway.

07-15-13 10:52 PM
    I agree. I quite miss my z10 at times. The web browsing on the extra screen estate is so much better, and for viewing social networking sites like fbook or instagram.

In the end it's how we like to use our phone. I still stuck with the Q10 in the end because of battery life and keyboard.

Wish people still buy z10s though, still can't sell mine :S

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:01 PM
    I actually just bought the Q10 tonight from Verizon, coming from the Z10. I've only been using the Q10 for a couple hours but I love it! Not taking anything away from the Z10, it's a great phone, but for me I prefer the Q10 due to the form factor and physical keyboard. Plus, I'm also looking forward to the increased battery life. I think both are great phones due to the build quality and BB10 so in my mind you can't go wrong with either.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-15-13 11:26 PM
    I love my Z10 dearly BUT that damn keyboard played games with me. I like the predictive however it would change words I spelled correctly. I now have the Q10 and oh my god its wonderful! So I have both but Q10 *is on top.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:36 AM
    There are already things about the Q10 that I love. The keyboard is fantastic and I don't ever want to type on another. However, I got really used to the virtual keyboard on the Z10 and am not sure if the slightly better typing experience can make up for the loss in screen size for a reasonably hardcore media and Web buff.

It's truly been a great little reunion with the physical keyboard, but I think I'm going to sit this one out, kids. Without doubt, this is the best physical keyboard on the market, but it's just a little too small for me now.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:33 AM
    33% talk
    33% text
    33% email
    1% everything else
    The Q was made for people like me, now back to running my trucking business.
    07-16-13 04:59 PM
    Sold my Z10. Got a Q10.

Got back my old Blackberry feel from a phone.

Solid typing experience. Q is for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:28 PM
    IMO, my Q10 is an almost perfect blend of my Bold 9900 and my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:00 PM
    33% talk
    33% text
    33% email
    1% everything else
    The Q was made for people like me, now back to running my trucking business.
    Wow you are so cool. You are a real businessman.
    Now back to running my fortune 100 company.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 05:54 PM
    Wow you are so cool. You are a real businessman.
    Now back to running my fortune 100 company.

Posted via CB10
    Sarcasm, not withstanding. I wish we had fortune 500 companies. 4 trucks and trailers just isn't enough.
    Jacko_au likes this.
    07-21-13 06:01 PM
    I bought the Q10 and loved it but I kept seeing post about how people loved the z10 screen and me coming from an iphone I couldn't see myself going smaller. So I switched to the z10 and really dint see anything special. Not knocking on Z10. I missed the Q10 for a day. Went back and got it! And couldn't be happier

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:43 PM
    bought the Z10 on ATT at launch, love it. Bought the Q10 on ebay two weeks ago...no regrets or complaints. BB either way..
    07-21-13 09:03 PM
    bought the Z10 on ATT at launch, love it. Bought the Q10 on ebay two weeks ago...no regrets or complaints. BB either way..
    Now THAT'S how you do it!! Choose your phone for the day based on your mood. I'd do that too but on Verizon it's a bit harder than simply popping your SIM card in a device. I used to change my phone every time the wind blew in a different direction. Sometimes twice a day! I'm such a gadget w0hre it's disgusting!
    07-21-13 09:08 PM
    If I'm on Verizon and already have a Q10, what would I have to do to use the Q10 and the Z10 if I decided to buy a Z10.

Thinking about getting the Z10 and being able to use both. Do I just have to switch sim cards when I want to use the other phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 09:37 PM
    If I'm on Verizon and already have a Q10, what would I have to do to use the Q10 and the Z10 if I decided to buy a Z10.

Thinking about getting the Z10 and being able to use both. Do I just have to switch sim cards when I want to use the other phone?

Posted via CB10
    I bought a Z10 when it first came out from VZW. And last week I bought the Q10. When I bought the Q10 all the VZW rep did was pop the sim card from my Z10 into the Q10. The representative said if I wanted to switch back all I had to do was put my sim card back into the Z10.

07-21-13 09:47 PM
    You sound like you are on the right path. I was in the truck leasing business for 15 years and worked with many companies that started like you and now they are good size and have their nitch and good lanes to run.

Good luck.

BB all the way
    phuoc likes this.
    07-21-13 09:50 PM
    I bought a Z10 when it first came out from VZW. And last week I bought the Q10. When I bought the Q10 all the VZW rep did was pop the sim card from my Z10 into the Q10. The representative said if I wanted to switch back all I had to do was put my sim card back into the Z10.

This is incorrect, to switch on Verizon you'd have to switch to the ESN number of whatever device you want to use by either calling in and talking to a rep or by logging into your account and doing a device switch where it will ask you for the ESN #. Pretty simple I do it all the time.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    07-21-13 09:53 PM
    I made the switch from the Z10 over to the Q10 last week and it was a great decision. Like most of you I do miss the larger screen at times. However, I realized when I had it that I really didn't watch too many videos or play games to warrant keeping the Z10. I am now breezing through emails and texts with the awesome keyboard. Battery life is decent, better than the Z10. Overall they are both great phones, just depends on what your priorities are.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 09:58 PM
    This is incorrect, to switch on Verizon you'd have to switch to the ESN number of whatever device you want to use by either calling in and talking to a rep or by logging into your account and doing a device switch where it will ask you for the ESN #. Pretty simple I do it all the time.

According to the VZW rep that only applies when switching a CDMA phone (3G VZW). 4G LTE phones are GSM and use the sim card. The rep told me in the future all I needed to do was to switch the sim card. She could be wrong but she seemed very confident in her answer.

07-21-13 11:41 PM
    According to the VZW rep that only applies when switching a CDMA phone (3G VZW). 4G LTE phones are GSM and use the sim card. The rep told me in the future all I needed to do was to switch the sim card. She could be wrong but she seemed very confident in her answer.

That is correct only on CDMA phones

Last edited by cespinal; 07-26-13 at 04:17 PM.
    07-26-13 03:58 PM