2013 Roadmap

#1 z10
    #2 q10
    #3 full touch "curve"
    #4 qwerty "curve"
    #5 blackforrest
    #6 porsche design collaboration ultra-mega-expensive smartphone!

pure speculation, of course
    03-17-13 12:47 AM
    2013 Roadmap

#1 z10
    #2 q10
    #3 full touch "curve"
    #4 qwerty "curve"
    #5 blackforrest

pure speculation, of course
    The BlackBerry/Porsche collab device was alright.... Since they are sponsoring Mercedes in the F1 Racing, I'd love to see a device collab with them.

I really hope though that the Q10 isn't the only high end QWERTY device coming out.
    03-17-13 08:17 AM
    I think that guy they are quoting might have got a bit confused with older roadmaps as all other comments coming out of BB on the subject of new devices has indicated that there is not going to be a new tablet anytime soon, but I guess we will have to wait until June to see if he was using current information.
    03-17-13 09:47 AM
    2013 Roadmap

#1 z10
    #2 q10
    #3 full touch "curve"
    #4 qwerty "curve"
    #5 blackforrest
    One important thing to bear in mind when listing 6 devices is that they don't actually state bb10 devices at any time, so one of them could easily be an update to the 9320.

As far as your list, I would not be surprised if we do not see both #3 and #4 this year, it is tough to see what scope they have to reduce costs on an all-touch device while they are locked into sticking with 720p unlike going from the q10 to a cheaper model where they could drop the premium materials, switch from oled to lcd in addition to any memory or processor reductions they might also be making.

As far as blackforest, things seem to have gone very quiet on that for a long time and in that new list of codenames on one of the sites there is one called sherwood, which is also a forest so maybe the codename has changed or there are going to be two new tablets at some point which would be nice.
    03-17-13 09:58 AM
    I really hope though that the Q10 isn't the only high end QWERTY device coming out.
    The odds are that it will be, they are not going to needlessly fragment the qwerty niche by offering two products that were competing with each other which is what would happen unlike with the all-touch market where they have the options of making a device with a distinctly different display size.
    03-17-13 10:00 AM
    The odds are that it will be, they are not going to needlessly fragment the qwerty niche by offering two products that were competing with each other which is what would happen unlike with the all-touch market where they have the options of making a device with a distinctly different display size.
    So I guess I'll have to wait until 2014 for the Q10-2

Sent from an Unkown Device using Tapatalk
    03-17-13 10:18 AM
    So I guess I'll have to wait until 2014 for the Q10-2
    Why wait, get one of the z10/q10 now and sell it on when the next device you want comes out, you get a better device now and an upgrade later and BB keeps getting the sales.

One other thing to bear in mind, the q10 could last well into late 2014 as the main qwerty model, upping the specs on that device is going to be a lot less important than on all-touch models since things like a bigger screen or faster cpu would actually be to the detriment of the role it had to fulfill of a data-entry heavy workhorse with that big battery it has.
    03-17-13 10:46 AM
    One thing that might be slightly bad news for the rest of us and very annoying news for those in that region, countries like the UAE launched with the HSPA-only z10, perhaps one of those six devices for that guy would be an eventual release of an LTE-capable z10 too?
    03-17-13 11:22 AM
    I know Sprint is getting a full touch BB10 phone in Q2. The "successor to the Z10." I hope it has a larger screen. I LOVE the 4.7 inch on the HTC Evo LTE & HTC One.

Sidenote: I just realized the Q10 has a AMOLED screen. I really want it but I cannot feet over the color saturation in the AMOLED screens.
    03-17-13 03:00 PM
    I think we might see a new Curve.
    03-17-13 03:55 PM
60 123