Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10, Q10. Then what's next?

Anyone know any details about the next devices that we will see after the Q10? I remember reading that there will be 6 BlackBerry 10 devices...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Let's let the Z10 and Q10 have their time in the limelight before we all start clamoring for the next big thing. There will be multiple devices in different price levels but there is no more information available yet. There was that mysterious white BlackBerry 10 device pictured with the prototype Q10 and Z10 a few months ago. We now know that it is NOT the Dev Alpha C as that device has now been released to developers and it had a very distinct curve look to it. Maybe it's next. Maybe the Aristo. BlackBerry isn't leaking as many road maps these days. Probably for the best.
    CrackBerry User

The Q10 is definitely in the bold line so I would think it would be a phone for those that don't want / afford a $650 phone. Some thing in the curve line I would guess. Only BlackBerry knows for sure...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I can easily imagine a low end (Curve version) of the Z10 and Q10 but that would make only 4 devices. Do you think we'll see a Torch BB10 or even a Flip Pearl?

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    bigjman (03-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

We will get a new PlayBook tablet possibly with refreshed hardware and new transitioning software to BB10 OS for PlayBook.

I honestly think we will see a slider model somewhere down the road. And I really only think BlackBerry will stick to no more than two full touch devices.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The A-series was in the rumour mill since October.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Quad-core z10 (Aristo) while current z10 price is lowered
    Curve version that was leaked
    New Playbook
    Not sure about the last one
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default Re: Z10, Q10. Then what's next?

let them start selling q10 first...think about "other" models later.....!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Default Z10, Q10. Then what's next?

While it is good to look towards the future i agree that we should focus on whats here and already announced. There is much to look forward to as well i am sure.

Im just waiting for my Z10 here in the states.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts

R10 and A10, the last 2 are a mystery.

Posted via CB10
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    CrackBerry Genius

Q20 and Z20.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default After Z10 and Q10

From what I have been reading, the Z10 and Q10 will be main stream for at least a year or slightly more. It is obvious that BB is working on concepts for future models. There has been some news in the technology publications the new flexible OLED (Organic LED) type displays will be coming in to the consumer market place for consumers. These will allow to have phones with brighter displays, higher resolution, lower power consumption for the display, and faster response. This new generation of phone technology will allow for phones that can be made in any shape the consumer would want.

Most companies will never make public specifics about future products they are working on. They don't want their competitors to jump ahead of them. Knowledge and applicable creative innovations are the key to success in products and marketing. They will not indulge any info until they know they can have their new product out there and on the store shelves first.

I read a comment that the Q10 will be the last mechanical keyboard phone Blackberry will make. After that all the new phones will be with a virtual touch keyboard. I use both a 9900 and a Z10. I found with the 9900 a big part of the screen is lost. From what I saw with the Q10 a big part of the screen is lost. Now that I have been using the Z10, I will never go back to a mechanical keyboard.

I would love to be able to see what mobile phones, computers, appliances, and the cars would be like in the next 30 to 50 years. And, then in the next 100 years. This would be very interesting. Anybody know where I can get a time machine???

--

There is new touch screen technology being developed that will use a flexible glass panel to be able to be fused to the front surface of the OLED display. We will be able to see OLED displays that can be wrapped around someone's wrist like a watch, or flattened out to be stiff. The display can be stiffened with an electric bias current applied to a substrate layer under the display panel that will allow it to be locked to any programed amount of curve or just flat.

Just a few years ago there has been some success in the research for the development of transparent metals. These are metals that allow light and images to pass through in a very similar manner as glass. I don't think this technology is ready for the markets yet.

The new technology coming will be approaching nano technology. There is a lot of research being done for the development of quantum nano technology. This is a very different way of thinking in the design approach of the components involved. We may be seeing flexible displays coming to the consumer markets within the next two to three years. We will be seeing the more advanced nano quantum technologies coming over the next twenty to thirty years. Some of the researchers are saying we should be seeing the beginning of this within the next ten years.

At this time the smallest substrate layers inside the chip devices can be made to about 1 million atoms thick. The nano technology device substrates will be approaching to less than 10 thousand and even down to 1000 atoms thick. Some researchers are trying to go even smaller. If having 10 thousand atoms thick for the substrate layers and and device components within the chip devices, this will lead to much smaller sized internal device operations. The computing and processing power per unit area could approach thousands of times greater than what we have now. This will make today's computers and phones archaic in comparison to what is to come!

To go down to nano quantum levels is a very difficult task. There are complex materials stability issues to deal with. Quantum mechanics is very complex, and is not yet fully understood. (I hear a lot of people throwing around 'quantum' in conversations, but in reality they have no clue.

With many aspects of the physical properties of materials, we've learned how to make them and use them, but we don't fully understand why they work the way they do. There are only complicated theories. It is very interesting how the theoretical physicists have been able to accurately work out what is going on. Starting in the late 1800's the structure of the atom was starting to be theoretically worked out. It was not until the mid 1960's until the theories were proven accurate.

The physical properties at the atomic level of many types of the materials involved is not fully understood. For an example, the scientists have worked out in very minute detail about how to use, apply, and control magnetic properties down to the nano levels, but nobody has worked out what magnetism really is. They have been very successful working out how to make very small hard disks that can store vasts amounts of data. It is now possible to have chip devices that can replace magnetic hard disks. Gravity is another force that is not fully understood, but its properties can be measured and detected down to the very minute numbers.

Moor's law is certainly true. Some people say its saturation point is close. But, as we keep going we find more. Personally, I believe our progress is only limited by the boundaries of the imagination. We have to find ways to be able to achieve our imagination and ideas within the boundaries of physics. The universe is infinite, and so are the possibilities of what we can achieve.
    Last edited by Jerryg50; 03-02-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Jerry G.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by stberry View Post
    let them start selling q10 first...think about "other" models later.....!!!
    Agree! They are very buzy now,Z10 is just at its beginning,and Q10 is not on sale yet,they should concentrate on Q10 now!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Technophil_ca View Post
    I can easily imagine a low end (Curve version) of the Z10 and Q10 but that would make only 4 devices. Do you think we'll see a Torch BB10 or even a Flip Pearl?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah,it's possible that new device(s) in low-mid range will show up after Z10&Q10,But i don't think a higher positioned device than Q10 will come shortly,simply because BB won't get much benefit from it.It's too early to bring out another high end device,even the OS10 itself is still bugy and immature.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,676 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM

The Aristo is the only one that has been leaked. Will be quad core. Not sure about sliders or lower end models.
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts

Fingers crossed for a QWERTY device with a 3.5-4.0 inch screen.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    932 Global Posts

Hopefully NOTHING, untill Z10x2 and Q10x2 next year...But I know that won't be the case, once again we'll have 167 different models out there again dragging everything down with them.
    CrackBerry Master

quantum computing Bold
    Bold 9000 -> iPhone 5 -> White Z10
    Playbook 16GB
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts

True, the Z10 and the Q10 are the high end devices but BB also needs to offer low and mid-range devices.
    CrackBerry Genius

I don't think we will see what they would consider a full range coming out this year, the delay into 2013 will make scheduling stuff trickier and there simply isn't enough areas to save costs to produce a lower end version of the z10 so we will probably only get a cheaper qwerty model, then at Xmas there is less need of an update to the q10 so we will just get a higher end all-touch that will have evolved from those aristo leaks. Besides those we will probably see a bb7 update to replace the 9320 and possibly the new playbook, but that one seems less likely with all the doubts being cast on it lately.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,756 Global Posts

I don't think BlackBerry would manufacture the low-end devices, I would think they would license BB10 to HTC, LG, or Sony.
    Have I really been here for three years?
    CrackBerry Abuser

If they make one similar to torch, I would feel regretful for getting a z10. Big screen + physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Riz58 and deltact like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Q10 will NOT be the last hardware keyboard device Blackberry make.

Blackberry WILL be releasing lower end models in the future. (The majority of their user base is made up of lower end curves etc in the developing world, Blackberry are not about to kill a huge part of their revenue stream.)

Posted via CB10
    Curve 8520, Torch 9810, Playbook 64GB, Black Z10.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    11,463 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Just as long as they don't call it i10.

Well. . . . maybe on second thought. LoL

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    Do those who protest the loudest or longest have a lock on the truth?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm predicting a sort of "mini Z10" will launch next, i.e. 3.7 to 4.0" with an 800x480 display and a camera "limited" to 5.0 MP, and of course no LTE. Probably a lower-end dual core CPU, maybe 1.0 Ghz? Android and WP devices targeting the low end to lower mid range segment (under $300 off contract) always fall into this category, i.e. the Galaxy Ace IIx or the HTC 8S. Given that 800x480 displays are still in the majority for Android/WP handsets, jumping on that "bandwagon" could help Blackberry to save some costs (standard parts) and appeal to even more people.
    Bbnivende likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast