Hey All,

So here's the thing, I was almost certain I wanted the Q10 for the QWERTY keyboard, but now I'm wondering if the full screen of the Z10 would be better. I'm currently using a 9810, so I'm used to both styles. Is there any indication that the Q10 is a better device over the Z10 in terms of features/components? Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-10-13 09:18 AM
    One thing for sure is that it has a bigger battery, other than that I'm not sure it'll be much better. Also, I love my Z10. I came from a 9900, but had a 9810 for a long time before that. Wasn't sure how the transition was gonna be, but I'm glad I didn't wait for the Q10. You could just wait until they are both released and check them out in a store. Maybe once you've held them both the decision won't be so hard.
    03-10-13 09:23 AM
    I came from a 9810 and just assumed I'd be waiting for the Q10 to release, using Z10 in the meantime. I love my Z10 the typing is actually amazing. I'll play with the Q10 and see if work will get me one, but I won't be getting rid of my Z10 anytime soon. I'd suggest playing with both in stores on release day and pick what suits you best. Either way, it'll be leaps and bounds ahead of OS7 on the 9810! Good luck with the wait!

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    03-10-13 10:44 AM
    Was in the same position as you

Q10

Source: I have a Z10
    03-10-13 02:58 PM
    New pics today show the q10 to be quite nice.. you lose the quick keyboard functions on the z10 but gain screen if u watch movies. I've always missed the quick shortcuts of a full keyboard model.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 07:41 PM
    i have been testing a z10 for a month, i am using it in parallel to my 9930, i am going to get a q10. I love the z10, BBS10 has a few rough edges but hopefully it will get there. As a former 8900 user i really did love the extra screen real estate but went for the 9900/9930 when it shipped. i opted for the 9930 for the form factor since the bump up to 640*480 was enough (i also did the vzw switch because ATT voice was crap in NYC). I am pretty sure the q10 720*720 will be fine. The only place i think the z10 is really going to be considered superior is for web browsing, the higher rez 1280*720/768 is nicer, especially in the horizontal mode. Web surfing still kind of sucks on any phone except maybe note2/phablets but grabbing data or doing minor tasks is now tolerable compared to prior blackberry's of any flavor.
    03-10-13 08:41 PM
    I will tell you in about a month after I get my Z10 and have used it for a week. I like the idea of a bigger screen, but will miss the physical keyboard.
    I've already used the dev alpha already and know the keyboard is definitely better than the torch touch keyboard. But didn't really spend enough time with it to say it's better or worse than the physical keyboard.
    03-10-13 09:19 PM
    Z10 is the best on screen keyboard i have used, between the combination of design/layout/screen size, the horizontal frets actually make a difference in hand-eye focus, the predictive spelling is pretty good, my biggest gripe is it seems to always have a plurals rather than singular suggestions. It can be amazing at times you almost feel as though it is tapping into your brain - knowing your entire sentence. I have yet to perfect the flick up but it works most of the time... I think i will still type much faster on the Q based upon years of bb keyboards, it will be interesting to see if the predictive text will work well on the Q it won't be on-key so probably across the top of the keyboard (which is an option on the z). I have yet to actually use a phablet to compare the massive screen size making a difference but i am pretty sure i cna type faster on the z10 than my ipad mini - so screen size might not be everything but on my Google Nexus with a 4.3" screen, i think, i type nearly as accurately and quickly as the z10.
    03-10-13 10:17 PM
    Similar position as the OP, but haven't had the 9810 for as long. I went BlackBerry because I had to have a physical qwerty, but didn't want to give up a large screen, so I chose the 9810 over the 9900. I was tempted by the Z10 and went so far as to practice using the touchscreen keyboard on the 9810 (which actually works decently well, so the Z10's must be amazing). I'm now leaning towards the Q10 because I realized that touchscreen typing requires a little more concentration, while typing on a physical keyboard is instinctive due to muscle memory and so my brain can focus just a tiny bit more on the long message that I'm trying to write.

Tl;dr: I'm going for the Q10 because paradoxically, I find touchscreen typing more accurate but less comfortable than a physical keyboard.
    03-11-13 01:02 AM
    Thanks for the input everyone. I went with the Z10 (for now). I love the big screen and the predictive type is really nice. The only thing I miss are the native podcast and RSS apps. As long as I don't break or drown it, the Z10 will be around a long time!

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-11-13 06:00 AM
    I've had a physical keyboard BlackBerry for the past 6 years, diehard keyboard fan, I've fallen in love with the Z10 keyboard, it's a tradeoff and a learning curve but I would never go back

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:30 PM
    I had 9810 and i decided not to wait for a10. Z10 virtual keyboard is really good.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-15-13 07:41 AM
    Hey All,

So here's the thing, I was almost certain I wanted the Q10 for the QWERTY keyboard, but now I'm wondering if the full screen of the Z10 would be better. I'm currently using a 9810, so I'm used to both styles. Is there any indication that the Q10 is a better device over the Z10 in terms of features/components? Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    One thing to keep in mind (my discovery) is the delete key and the send key are very close so if you want to delete something you can very easily send it. God knows I've done it enough
    03-15-13 02:31 PM
    Tried my brother's z10 this morning. I am not sold on the typing experience offered on it despite all the glowing reviews. I was quite disappointed actually because I can't type as fast and can't type without looking. So I am going to wait for the q10 just so I can see both devices and then decide which one to get.
    03-15-13 10:06 PM