I"m not.

You don't get anywhere near the same experience as iPhone.

For example, try this site: news.com.au, then try it on an iPhone.

I'm frustrated.

I thought the browser would finally be up to par.
    10-09-13 10:46 PM
    I don't have huge expectations when Web browsing on a phone. The screen's small, and we usually get a castrated mobile version of whatever it is we end up looking at.

All I use a phone browser for is quick hits when i'm out and about; search a phone number, address... and I leave real Web browsing to my PC.

Having said that, coming from the Torch 9800 to the Q10, I find the browsing experience to be light years ahead what it was on BBOS devices. It can't compare to the iPhone however, as I don't have one. But compared to my ASUS Transformer Prime Tablet, speeds are similar.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    10-09-13 11:28 PM
    try this site: news.com.au, I'm frustrated.
    Of course you are frustrated when you read news censored by Murdoch : Try instead theage.com.au or smh.com.au

But seriously - some websites, which normally direct a mobile device to the mobile site, do not identify the Q10 browser as a mobile browser. You get the same experience with qantas.com.au.

In these cases, you should browse to the mobile site directly like m.news.com.au (or qantas.com.au/mobile). I don't have an iPhone (nor access to one) so that I don't know, if you get the same experience here.

Unfortunately, some sites try to be extremely intelligent and redirect you to the full site when they "identify" that you don't access the site from a mobile device. This was the case for some time with the NAB website
    clickitykeys and kupfernigk like this.
    10-09-13 11:35 PM
    Lately I've been using the iPhone 5s, but thought I would give the Q10 a shot.

I have had many BlackBerry's in the past and the browsers have always not been the greatest.

Usually when a blackberry is my daily driver, I tend to use the browser less and I would, let's say on my iphone, and that hasn't changed much at all with the Q10.

All in all I think blackberry has a long way to come in order to get there browser experience up to date with the rest of the latest flag**** devices from other phone company's.

Just my 2

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:19 AM
    Z30 for best Web experience. Plus the gpu should keep the browser from crashing when facing heavy flash and Java script sites.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:21 AM
    I don't see what the problem is...

Are you satisfied with the Q10 browser?-img_00000005.png

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:21 AM
    I do browse only mobile sites with my Q10 and works acceptable...

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    10-10-13 12:23 AM
    Everything looks tiny, but the site opened up just fine, with pictures rendering perfectly. Was there anything particular that you experienced vastly better on the iphone, other than the expected difference due to screen size?

As allwi mentioned, you just go to the mobile site if you need bigger font sizes, and a display suited to a little screen. The browser is actually up to par, it's just that the webpages being serviced are different.

BBQ10
    10-10-13 12:29 AM
    I don't see what the problem is...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000005.png 
Views:	2108 
Size:	435.0 KB 
ID:	209560

Posted via CB10
    The problem is, that's not optimised for mobile browsing.
    10-10-13 12:30 AM
    The problem is, that's not optimised for mobile browsing.
    Yep - it isn't optimised for mobile browsing because news.com.au is crap and does not recognise the Q10 as a mobile device.
    As said before - if you really want to read this stuff, use the mobile site directly:

Either m.news.com.au or mobile.news.com.au
    Are you satisfied with the Q10 browser?-news.png

Oh my god ... I'm showing how to navigate to highly biased, censored and monopolised propaganda websites ...
    10-10-13 12:40 AM
    Yep - it isn't optimised for mobile browsing because news.com.au is crap and does not recognise the Q10 as a mobile device.
    I don't get the point of calling NEWS crap, instead of BB fixing this issue.
    10-10-13 12:44 AM
    I"m not.

You don't get anywhere near the same experience as iPhone.

For example, try this site: news.com.au, then try it on an iPhone.

I'm frustrated.

I thought the browser would finally be up to par.
    So... you don't like the browser because you're not inputting the right link and the site is too dumb to determine it as a mobile device? Got it. http://www.news.com.au/help/contactus <-- Contact them and tell them to add the user agent string. - http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/0...-agent-string/
    10-10-13 12:44 AM
    I don't get the point of calling NEWS crap, instead of BB fixing this issue.
    It's not a BlackBerry issue, it's a site issue and their incompetence of setting up user agent detection. You can see it right in the source code of the site. The user agents haven't been updated in forever on there.
    10-10-13 12:47 AM
    I am satisfied with the BlackBerry browser, the only exception being that I don't have a default folder for my saved images. Alternatively there is Evolution Browser, which I like, but it's problematic when it comes to saving a lot of images (sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't).
    10-10-13 12:48 AM
    Yes put m.news.com.au to see mobile version if not auto detected. Actually in this case prefer the non mobile version which is unusual.

( 1 x shift ) !~ /^1?$|^(11+?)\1+$/
    10-10-13 12:48 AM
    Just open "mobile.news.come.au", and now tell me it is not optimised for mobile browsing. If you can not be bothered to type "mobile.", there is also a link at the bottom of the normal page to switch views.

Not all websites recognise the BB10 browser as a mobile device; blame the website for not supporting the user agent I guess... or send them feedback to add BB10-detection!

[edit] Awh I got ninja'd, three times! Anyway do not use "m.*", use "mobile.*", they give different views and the second is better.

[BBM#1] BlackBerry 10 signed.
    allwi likes this.
    10-10-13 12:52 AM
    I was...until I realized I can't dial directly from Yelp because OS 10 is too dumb to recognize numbers formatted on a website...

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    10-10-13 12:53 AM
    It's not a BlackBerry issue, it's a site issue and their incompetence of setting up user agent detection. You can see it right in the source code of the site. The user agents haven't been updated in forever on there.
    Well then, why does it work perfectly and automatically for iPhone?

So... you don't like the browser because you're not inputting the right link and the site is too dumb to determine it as a mobile device? /[/URL]
    Uh, no.

I now know the correct link to use that site on BB, but till now I did not, and many others do not, and there may be many other websites where I'd have the same problem.

However, iPhone users (and not doubt Galaxy) don't have to go off searching for the right address. Anything works.
    10-10-13 01:02 AM
    Well then, why does it work perfectly and automatically for iPhone?

Uh, no.

I now know the correct link to use that site on BB, but till now I did not, and many others do not, and there may be many other websites where I'd have the same problem.

However, iPhone users (and not doubt Galaxy) don't have to go off searching for the right address. Anything works.
    You have no idea what a user agent is do you? Only a person who doesn't know what a user agent is would ask that question. Hit that link if you want the full run down of what it is and what it means.

[INFO]tl;dr: The site is identifying the iPhone as a mobile device and showing you the mobile version. The Q10 is not being identified as mobile device and as such, is showing you the the full version. Websites can control which version they wish to display by detecting devices you're using, they've not updated their detection methods in forever and have not added any sort of detection for the BlackBerry WebKit browser. BlackBerry might have a lot of faults but this ain't one of them, It's entirely on the site for using a very basic, very crap mobile detection.[/INFO]

A prime example of detection is this very site. We serve different versions based on detecting the web browser people are using. e.g:

Desktop - http://crackberry.com/?style=default
    Tablet - http://crackberry.com/?style=tablet
    Mobile - http://crackberry.com/?style=mobile
    Mobile Lite - http://www.google.com/gwt/x?u=http%3...crackberry.com

It is supposed to be transparent to end users but again, their methods of detection are pretty much from 2009, quite laughable and clearly NOT working.
    nappp, kbz1960, q649 and 7 others like this.
    10-10-13 01:04 AM
    No, I don't know what it is, and don't get why it would be different than iPhone. News isn't a little crappy site.
    10-10-13 01:21 AM
    No, I don't know what it is, and don't get why it would be different than iPhone. News isn't a little crappy site.
    If you "don't get it" reread what Bla1ze posted. If at that point you still don't comprehend I would suggest you stop complaining until you do...
    10-10-13 01:47 AM
    If you "don't get it" reread what Bla1ze posted. If at that point you still don't comprehend I would suggest you stop complaining until you do...
    Well, you know what they say, If you can't explain something it means you don't truly understand it yourself.
    10-10-13 02:01 AM
    Well, you know what they say, If you can't explain something it means you don't truly understand it yourself.
    Coincidentally, Bla1ze made it crystal clear by detailing the specifics to YOU yet YOU still don't understand. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and call a spade a spade. You don't quite get where the issue is originating... I'll give you a hint. It is NOT on BlackBerry's end. Sheesh...
    10-10-13 02:16 AM
    Bla1ze already explained it in detail: but basically the browser tells the website which kind of browser it is (IE, Firefox, chrome, opera, iPhone3/4 or 5, ... or BB-Q10).
    The web server then decides which page it sends back. As you might know some page do not work properly with Firefox or IE or you might already have seen a warning that you should use a different browser as the page is not optimised for the browser you are using.

So now that page (or the Qantas page) sees: oh it's a BlackBerry Q10 browser and then decides: Hmmm I don't know this browser, so I send back the desktop page.

There is nothing BlackBerry can or should do about it. As said NAB had the same issue (or even worse) but they fixed it and now support sending mobile pages to a BlackBerry phone when you hit the main page.

Ask news.com.au to add support for BB10. If they care about their readers, they will.
    10-10-13 02:22 AM
    There is nothing BlackBerry can or should do about it. As said NAB had the same issue (or even worse) but they fixed it and now support sending mobile pages to a BlackBerry phone when you hit the main page.

Ask news.com.au to add support for BB10. If they care about their readers, they will.
    Thanks.

My issue is, what don't they recognise it but they do recognise other mobiles? That's what bothers me. I think BB should make the effort to make their system known, especially to major websites.
    10-10-13 02:30 AM
325 123 ...