I'm currently using a Google Nexus 5 and I've had a few other android phones and an iPhone. I would like to have a physical keyboard on my phone. The Passport looks to big and expensive for me. I have my doubts about the Q10 because the processor is a bit old and it has a square screen. Would you guys recommend the BlackBerry Q10 or is there a better alternative?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:08 AM
    you can wait for the classic, but the Q10 is a very good phone, Rarely does it ever lag, and the keyboard is very nice. I don't find the screen a big issue but others might. It's a perfect phone for typing and messaging. Some people do however experience the double type issue, I don't, I believe the first model had the problem and it was fixed in the later models.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:11 AM
    it pretty fluid when getting things done.. I rarely see a lag or stall.. maybe a program wont be open in a split second but it really isnt such an inconvenience... at its current price, such a steal
    11-27-14 09:12 AM
    I still can recommend the Q10, even though it is now more than one and a half year old. The device is overall still very smooth and fluid without any noticeable lag. However, sometimes an app doesn't open instantly and takes a second or maybe even two to load, depending on the app of course.

You can always wait for the BlackBerry Classic of course, which will have a slightly larger screen, a trackpad, but most likely not (much) better hardware compared to the Q. The Classic however will be of course more expensive!

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs, MontoyaOscar84 and bbx93719 like this.
    11-27-14 09:29 AM
    The Q10 is a good choice for a keyboard phone for the price. With the newest OS, you can easily get a couple more years out of the phone. Even if the hardware a year and a half old, you won't hardly see any lag because of how good the OS is

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 02:00 PM
    Thank you all for the comments. I think I'm going with the Q10. Just one last question, do you really need the trackpad and the dedicated buttons that are on the classic or does the Q10 functions good without them?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 02:16 PM
    Thank you all for the comments. I think I'm going with the Q10. Just one last question, do you really need the trackpad and the dedicated buttons that are on the classic or does the Q10 functions good without them?

Posted via CB10
    Passport doesn't have dedicated end or answer either. So yes it's good.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 02:55 PM
    I've come from a Nexus 4 and have to say the transition to the BlackBerry Q10 has been great. I had a bold 9700 prior to the, nexus and I don't miss the trackpad at all. The OS is superb and fits in with my needs. The nexus series are great phones, I wanted a compact mobile that is a communication workhorse and the Q10 fits the bill. The only real trade off are number of apps and screen size.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 03:08 PM
    It doesn't really need it, you will get used to it very quickly

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 03:10 PM
    YES !!
    11-27-14 03:13 PM
    Yes, for typing concern
    Yes, for processor concern

But be prepare for smaller screen
    And very very limited native application

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 03:32 PM
    Yes, for typing concern
    Yes, for processor concern

But be prepare for smaller screen
    And very very limited native application

Posted via CB10
    Transition from Nexus 5 to Z30 would be better in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 03:35 PM
    I've never experience lag with any native app. The keyboard is excellent, particularly in combination with typed actions.

I don't personally have any problem with the screen but I don't do a lot of watching videos.
    11-27-14 04:23 PM
    If you're a dedicated gamer the Q10 will not make you happy. Be warned, that's all. Otherwise a sound device that should meet your requirements. I love mine.
    11-27-14 04:28 PM
    The Q10 is awesome for communication, you can also get by on internet (reader is excellent) but not great for video and gaming so it all depends on your own needs.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    11-27-14 04:48 PM
    If you're a dedicated gamer the Q10 will not make you happy. Be warned, that's all. Otherwise a sound device that should meet your requirements. I love mine.
    IMO a dedicated gamer won't be happy with any BB10 at all, at least not at the moment. Getting an actual Android device or an iPhone is the way to go for gamers.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:33 PM
    IMO a dedicated gamer won't be happy with any BB10 at all, at least not at the moment. Getting an actual Android device or an iPhone is the way to go for gamers.

Posted via CB10
    Any smartphone for dedicated gaming is subpar... Nvidia tablet or shield portable are better choices for "dedicated " gaming.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:35 PM
    The Q10 is an excellent phone for emails, messaging and using as a phone for calls. For gaming and watching youtube forget it. The keyboard is excellent and I actually prefer more than the passport keyboard. No lag on the phone and doesn't slow down like most Android phones. Great compact and discreet phone with superb call quality and build.

Posted via CB10
    workittywork likes this.
    11-27-14 06:51 PM
    I still love the Q10. Can't leave it alone on the table. Got to grab it just for the fun of it.

Perfect device for getting things done. Email, messaging, facebook, music player, phone calls, business: perfect. Still today. And the price is more than right. Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    11-27-14 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    If Im you. Id go for the classic. Its newer and looks better. Not sure if screen is bigger. But I think over all its bigger than the q10. Why buy an old device? Unless your in a budget and can get the q10 cheaper than the classic. Other than getting it cheaper no other advantage to get the q10 compared to classic

My personal thoughts

Hope it helps

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:12 PM
    I would recommend the Q10 to anyone looking for a phone to do mainly sms, bbm, email, phone calls and using it for notes/calendar. It is fine for quick browsing and basic GPS but isn't going to excel at these the way some other phones will.

If you use the phone for what I see it's target functions to be I think you would be very happy.

Plus, the phone can be purchased for $150 ish (used) and just over $200 new. For that price I don't think there is a better built device on the market. With the phone getting 10.3 in the future I see this phone being able to last for a couple more yrs still.

This is based on just my personal experience w/ the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 08:42 PM
    No stock and probably will discontinue and replace by classic

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:05 PM
    Love my Q10! Great device

Posted via CB10
    Christoph_VDP likes this.
    11-27-14 09:09 PM
    Hi guys,

Have been back to my Q10 for a few days now.
    I switched back to my iphone 5s and then a Nexus 5 and yes, they do a lot more, but in essence the Q10 is perfect. It does less but it does it perfectly.
    I was fed up with myself always fiddling around on my iphone and told myself : hey, use a Phone like a Phone ...

Happy to be back

Greetz,
    Christoph
    michal zavodsky likes this.
    11-28-14 06:04 AM
    Hi guys,

Have been back to my Q10 for a few days now.
    I switched back to my iphone 5s and then a Nexus 5 and yes, they do a lot more, but in essence the Q10 is perfect. It does less but it does it perfectly.
    I was fed up with myself always fiddling around on my iphone and told myself : hey, use a Phone like a Phone ...

Happy to be back

Greetz,
    Christoph
    I agree with this so much!

I find the iphone far more capable but it does so much that you loose sight what it's true purpose is -- being a phone.

I find the Q to be as good or slightly better as a communication device. I miss the iphone for somethings but I am happy with this device overall.

Like I said $199 is an amazing price. I figured I can use it for a couple months and if I don't like it sell it for $125-150 and be out hardly anything. If it ends up working better for me it might be the best phone investment I have made.

Posted via CB10
    Christoph_VDP, bbnrs and nglfmark like this.
    11-28-14 07:06 AM
86 123 ...