This is so absurd that it's beautiful!
    The Q10 cannot keep up with the Passport on my desk which cannot keep up with the PRIV that I use as my only device now. Best Android device ever? Not sure except that it offers closest BB10 experience with full Android ecosystem. Issues with PRIV? Sure, but not as many as my Passport attempting to run Android needed apps. Absurd is suggesting to start using a Q10 in 2017 which is only 68 days away. LOL.....
    10-24-16 11:59 PM
    Can that phone run Android apps?

Comparing any BB10 phone to a feature phone is absurd and you know it.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    Can a Q10 run Android runtime latest version apps? No...

Comparing a Q10 to a 2016-2017 smartphone is absurd. The comparison to my first WAP Internet phone circa 2001 was originally tongue in cheek. However, I had to buy a $30 throwaway Alcatel 4060A recently in an emergency. My Q10 cannot do basic Android ecosystem things as well as this Android burner phone..
    10-25-16 12:14 AM
    Can a Q10 run Android runtime latest version apps? No...

Comparing a Q10 to a 2016-2017 smartphone is absurd. The comparison to my first WAP Internet phone circa 2001 was originally tongue in cheek. However, I had to buy a $30 throwaway Alcatel 4060A recently in an emergency. My Q10 cannot do basic Android ecosystem things as well as this Android burner phone..
    Then don't use a Q10. But no need to mock those who do.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    10-25-16 07:25 AM
    Then don't use a Q10. But no need to mock those who do.

I stopped using my Q10 when I upgraded to my Classic which I stopped using when I got my Passport which I stopped using when I got my PRIV. I'll quit pointing out the negatives of a phone that is almost 4 years old, when posters such as yourself answer questions with the same honesty and respect you desire. Many posters ask questions like the OP because they don't understand the negatives of BB10 and don't understand your desire to convert them over to BB10. We take for granted our knowledge of things because they are our interests. OP deserves to know truth before spending money.
    10-25-16 08:08 AM
    I stopped using my Q10 when I upgraded to my Classic which I stopped using when I got my Passport which I stopped using when I got my PRIV. I'll quit pointing out the negatives of a phone that is almost 4 years old, when posters such as yourself answer questions with the same honesty and respect you desire. Many posters ask questions like the OP because they don't understand the negatives of BB10 and don't understand your desire to convert them over to BB10. We take for granted our knowledge of things because they are our interests. OP deserves to know truth before spending money.
    But when you compare a Q10 to a feature phone, you are not telling the truth.

10-25-16 08:49 AM
    But when you compare a Q10 to a feature phone, you are not telling the truth.

My 2001 SonyEricsson R289LX Wireless Internet phone was more than a feature phone. It even had detachable full keyboard.
    10-25-16 09:00 AM
    My 2001 SonyEricsson R289LX Wireless Internet phone was more than a feature phone. It even had detachable full keyboard.
    The Q10 can do more than that phone, too.

debb63 likes this.
    10-25-16 10:11 AM
    A Q10 is still one of the smartphones with the smallest formfactor and you are able to change the battery. It still performs well compared to a midrange android smartphones. And it's cheap to buy secondhand. I use Android on my tablet and it's not as stable as OS10.

I did not find a good app like storymaker for video editing on android. Storymaker still has good performance and good effects. On android market are some apps for video editing but non is as fast and stable as Storymaker on OS10.

For picture editing I use snapseed from playstore. It runs very good and fast on the Q10

Cascarun Pro is a very stable running fitnessapp.

I don't miss any app on my Q10. Even Whatsapp will work for writing in 2017. So if you are looking for a cheap and fast smartphone with very small formfactor it's hardly possible to find one.

I always have a look on the market for smartphones in size of the Q10 with good performance, just did not find one.
    10-25-16 10:38 AM
    Is it worth buying a Q10 in 2016/17 ?

Absolutely
    debb63 likes this.
    10-25-16 10:58 AM
    It depends, in my case it fulfill my needs. For all other stuff I have pc, laptop etc.

Posted via my q10
    10-25-16 02:27 PM
    For $100 absolutely it is worth it! No need to even think about it.

The q10 is still working great and if you reload the OS it's new.

Compare the other phones from the same time. The s3? S4?

Are those on the latest os, do they lag, etc

This is BlackBerry 10 for you.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    10-25-16 04:49 PM
    The Q10 is only worth buying vs a used Passport or Priv if your primary focus is on messaging and email. Otherwise the small screen and slower processor are serious handicaps. For messaging of any sort, the Q10 is a great and cheap option with the possibility of repeated cheap battery swaps as well for power usage.
    10-26-16 03:35 AM
    The Q10 is only worth buying vs a used Passport or Priv if your primary focus is on messaging and email. Otherwise the small screen and slower processor are serious handicaps. For messaging of any sort, the Q10 is a great and cheap option with the possibility of repeated cheap battery swaps as well for power usage.
    You forgot about using it as a phone. Do you remember what those are?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    anon(6038817) and debb63 like this.
    10-26-16 06:04 AM
    Many Q10 users see its small, compact form factor as a major advantage over the bulk and weight of a Passport or Priv.

Being able to easily navigate and use with one hand makes it more versatile and adaptable to more everyday situations.

The ability to carry it in a front pants pocket or holster with minimal footprint and sit down without rupturing internal organs is also desirable to many.

It does much, much more than messaging and email. I use it for social media, web browsing, keeping up on the news, taking and sharing photos, video calls, GPS navigation, managing multiple calendars, taking notes, keeping track of tasks, checking the weather, accessing cloud storage accounts (Box, Dropbox, OneDrive) which integrate with the native file manager, and much more.

And it makes an excellent phone. Calls are are of great quality and never drop. And its compact form factor means I don't feel like I'm a goof holding a tablet up to my face when I'm on a call.

10-26-16 07:56 AM
    The Q10 is the best compact phone on the planet. Period. Call me biased ; ) Typing this on my beautiful white double-typing Passport while listening to talk radio on the Q10, which takes care of me for being the simcard, do-it-all, grab and throw in your pocket phone. It can do anything I want to do, including streaming or downloading videos, stream music, save music, FM radio during morning and evening news hour, take a picture, share a picture, scan a document for filing, receive my two email accounts, stay alive all day on one charge for normal use, and it is priced like a 'cheap' phone! It's a 'win-win' whether you want it as your only phone, your primary phone, your secondary phone, or just a take-along wifi device / music streamer. And it has that micro hdmi second plug in thing that I have never got around to using yet...

Smaller is always better for me when it's time to go. I'll usually grab the Passport too if I expect to be hanging out at the laundrymat or having extra time to kill somewhere.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    10-26-16 09:16 AM
    Absolutely.

I've just reactivated my use of the Q10 as I'm trying to disconnect a bit every once in a while.

I dualwield two phones, the Q10 and an iPhone 7 plus. All communication is handled by the Q, all entertainment by the iPhone.

Works great!

Posted via CB10
    I recently picked up a Samsung J3 V for an entertainment phone. However, now it makes me desire the upcoming Mercury so that I can have one phone to do it all.

Posted with my  Classic
    10-26-16 09:22 AM
    Yes please try voice quality at this Q10 while on call, it's very best!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 11:05 AM
    I just bought myself a new Q10 (in the UK) for a steal (�80) and I am setting up now. Although I like my Q5 and Z10 the build quality of the Q10 seems so much better. Very classy. I wanted a BB10 phone that I could keep going for a while and as much I would like a Passport SE I didn't want one with a sealed battery or one that was too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 01:40 PM
    I totally forgot about the removable battery until now, been using my Q10 for two years and it is a fantastic communications and productivity device.

I use the hotspot with a nexus tablet for anything app or entertainment related.
    10-26-16 03:54 PM
    I pretty happy with my Q10 but would prefer a Passport. They're both hard to beat.
    10-26-16 09:23 PM
    Well I definitely love my Q10. It works good battery is amazing keyboard is amazing and I wouldn't change it for anything. I tried android and Apple and in the end I always come back to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 09:36 PM
    It feels good typing on something physical again. A good departure from all glass display

All the APK out there makes the transition very easy from android to BlackBerry. If you can find out for under $100n, then definitely give it a go

Wanted a passport as well, but for the current price... no thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 10:19 PM
    It's so inexpensive lately, it won't hurt to get it, at least for posterity.

Emperor of Texas & California.
    10-28-16 09:51 AM
    Other than a built in PKB, it's not much better than my circa 2001 SonyEricsson WAP Internet phone I bought through AT&T.
    File mangement is a huge one, including DropBox/OneDrive. Email, contacts, etc management. FastTube? Still a pretty great browser. Awesomely powerful interface? FLAC support? Great photo editing capabilities, built-in. Best sharing features of any OS? HDMI out?

You're absolutely trolling.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 11:00 AM
    File mangement is a huge one, including DropBox/OneDrive. Email, contacts, etc management. FastTube? Still a pretty great browser. Awesomely powerful interface? FLAC support? Great photo editing capabilities, built-in. Best sharing features of any OS? HDMI out?

You're absolutely trolling.

Posted via CB10
    No. Just accepted time for moving on. Just like when BB10 rolled out almost 4 years ago but all the diehards were swearing allegiance to BBOS7.
    10-28-16 10:30 PM
299 ... 678910 ...