Well I am sorry to admit I just left my Q10 behind for a Dtek50. It's what "I" needed to do. But as phones go I loved the Q10 and BB10. I won't be selling mine. I'm keeping it in case the frustration i'm feeling with Android software does not go away and I have to go back to it. It is a solid phone and a perfect size. For me it worked great for years and was still working great. In fact when i'm at home in my wifi I still use it all the time.
    The frustration will go away. Give it about two weeks.
    01-12-17 09:30 PM
    Will, do I needed to find my notes earlier and I could not. I knew how to create notes but not read them. I eventually found then in my apps.
    01-12-17 10:21 PM
    OP, change your question to reflect 2017 and the answer is no....
    01-12-17 10:52 PM
    Still happy with my Q10 in 2017. Perfect form factor for me. I do also have a Leap which is better for reading the news on etc.
    luminosity6 likes this.
    01-13-17 03:16 AM
    Yes its worth it! Buy a few backups so it will last U for up to 2030!

Posted via CB10
    luminosity6 likes this.
    01-13-17 01:44 PM
    Yes its worth it! Buy a few backups so it will last U for up to 2030!

Posted via CB10
    A user after my own heart. I am always on the lookout for new Q's. Like to have at least three on the shelf, boxed. Just in case...
    01-17-17 08:44 PM
    Just bought the galaxy note 2 and I have to say after one day of using it took the sim card out and put it back in my BlackBerry it's 2017 now haha haven't looked back once, now if I could get my hands on a priv then I'd never leave the BlackBerry world!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 09:23 PM
    I was using a Curve at work for a couple of years and liked it a lot, then they changed us over to iphones. I found myself spending entirely too much time looking at/playing with the phone, so I bought a NEW curve for $15 on Amazon. Liked it, but it felt pretty limited next to the iphone. Then I found the Q10, also on Amazon, good as new for $100. Best of both worlds. Bought another for a backup. You will have to pry it away from me if (when) this platform becomes obselete. This phone is solid, everything works, and for me it is more than perfect . Love the Q10.
    luminosity6 likes this.
    01-18-17 10:22 AM
    Well, I bought my Q10 in the middle of December 2016. It was brand new with great price (circa $100).

I choose it for it's compact size, hardware keyboard (after getting used to it, I can type easier than on screen) and for the BlackBerry 10 OS.

However, it's a VERY OLD phone. Browser is often VERY slow, phone tends to heat a bit in constant use and battery gives you HARDLY one day of FULL service. Basically it's dead platform and there is not many reasons why to go for Q10 instead of Mercury or Priv. However, if you can live with LIMITED offer of (good) apps and WhatsApp support ending in the summer 2017, BlackBerry 10 OS is something as special as iOS (it has it's pros and cons). :-)
    01-18-17 01:05 PM
    I have to say, after trying a PRIV for nearly a week, I'm probably going to return to my trusty Q10.

The PRIV is brilliant in so many ways, but I think I just don't like large phones. I didn't like the Passport SE for the same reason - too bulky and heavy.

The Q10 packs so much power and features into a compact form factor. Easy to use with one hand or two. Battery lasts me all day and then some, but super easy to swap out for another battery when needed.

And the keyboard! Second only to the Bold 9900.

At this point, I'm OK with being called a luddite. Anyone who sees a phone as a status symbol is superficial, anyway.
    petekohn123 and luminosity6 like this.
    01-19-17 03:38 PM
    I have to say, after trying a PRIV for nearly a week, I'm probably going to return to my trusty Q10.

The PRIV is brilliant in so many ways, but I think I just don't like large phones. I didn't like the Passport SE for the same reason - too bulky and heavy.

The Q10 packs so much power and features into a compact form factor. Easy to use with one hand or two. Battery lasts me all day and then some, but super easy to swap out for another battery when needed.

And the keyboard! Second only to the Bold 9900.

At this point, I'm OK with being called a luddite. Anyone who sees a phone as a status symbol is superficial, anyway.
    I myself didn't like the Priv either. Android as a whole for me was too clunky with regards to group messages and other small stuff like a file manager.

The Classic that I just fired up for school purposes is begging me to put the sim in that's currently in the iPhone 7Plus.

I don't know what it is about this damn OS, but it keeps calling me back!!!

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    01-23-17 09:26 PM
    I have ordered BlackBerry Q10 Gold Edition. Will receive this week, hopefully. Though, I have ordered not for me...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    01-24-17 10:22 AM
    Have used Q10 since 2013 refurb from AT&T (thank you) works great. Purchased another of EBAY year & half ago. Works great.
    But this is a straight communication device primarily. Very good design, replaceable battery & pkb is all I need.
    Treat both with care.

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    01-24-17 10:27 AM
    Well, it's 2017 now, and new Q10's are becoming rare and costly, especially the Verizon ones. I'd say it's worth it only if the buyer understands that apps and lack of BB10 development are huge limitations. I have a Classic, too, and the Q10 not only lacks the convenience of the Toolbelt, it's harder to close all those windows and have to flick up from the bottom of the Q10 screen all the time. That said, I'd suggest pairing the Q10 with an Android or iOS device on a second line that can handle media content and latest apps. For me who still loves the best that BB10 offers, that is my best-of-both world's solution.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    01-24-17 11:20 AM
    I love the super amoled screen on q10 and z30. I would say it's worth it if you're not app dependent.
    01-24-17 11:24 AM
    Just got a used Q10 off ebay for $35USD. Perfect condition and works flawlessly. Love that PKB!
    anon(6038817) and skrble like this.
    01-24-17 03:13 PM
    Just got a used Q10 off ebay for $35USD. Perfect condition and works flawlessly. Love that PKB!
    LOL dude $35? It's funny how fast electronics become worthless. Going to wait one more year and never used Priv will be for $150, hehe. Gonna wait for everything forever. Nice price, man!
    02-03-17 01:25 PM
    No! The tiny screen is bad for my eyes! Its like buying a new car with 15 inch rims! Nobody sells a car with tiny rims anymore! It doesn't complimant the car! Same goes with a 3.1inch screen! No thnx

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 04:53 PM
    I never had a problem with the 3.1" screen myself. I loved the phone but as others have said the app issue is a factor and i'm not even one who cares much for apps or I never would have bought a Blackberry in the first place.
    02-03-17 09:46 PM
    Should we close this thread now that it's 2017?

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    02-09-17 04:16 PM
    I am considering now a q10 device. I never had enough budget to buy a just released BB when I was a student, now when I can they are already legacy. I've been using 9930 for some time now and I am loving it. I don't use my portable to watch videos, but I phone a lot, text and e-mail. Plus I connect to my social media and news. It's design and pkb are a marvel for this functionality. And 9930 is a rocking machine to use as a player with the embedded flac compatibility. However, modern Internet becomes a heavy duty for the old cpu and the lack of ram on 9930. So, I am thinking to procure a refurbished bb10 device. I don't know whether I should stick with the q10 or go straight for a classic. Any ideas?
    02-10-17 04:44 AM
    The Q10 and the Classic have the same specs, so that decision will come down to whether you want the larger screen and toolbelt on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 10:22 AM
    If you can't live without the toolbar on the 9930, Classic is probably the way to go. However, Q10 is more similar in size to the 9930. . .Just depends what you really *need* and want, since they have the same internals. Personally, I still hold onto my Q10 because it's a bit lighter than the classic (and it fits my hand perfectly).

The Internet is probably faster than what you've experienced on the 9930, but it strains on some sites with both the original browser and third party ones (especially places like crackberry, but at least there's the app lol). The browser still tests my patience on certain sites, but I don't browse a ton on it, aside from quick googling. You might want to create a post asking what kind of experience people have for particular websites you visit frequently before pulling the trigger, if it's something you do a lot of. The hardware may be slowing down on the browser, but it's still the best phone I've used for texting, email, music, phonecalls, chats, and messaging.
    02-10-17 10:32 AM
    The Q10 and the Classic have the same specs, so that decision will come down to whether you want the larger screen and toolbelt on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    If you can't live without the toolbar on the 9930, Classic is probably the way to go. However, Q10 is more similar in size to the 9930. . .Just depends what you really *need* and want, since they have the same internals. Personally, I still hold onto my Q10 because it's a bit lighter than the classic (and it fits my hand perfectly).

The Internet is probably faster than what you've experienced on the 9930, but it strains on some sites with both the original browser and third party ones (especially places like crackberry, but at least there's the app lol). The browser still tests my patience on certain sites, but I don't browse a ton on it, aside from quick googling. You might want to create a post asking what kind of experience people have for particular websites you visit frequently before pulling the trigger, if it's something you do a lot of. The hardware may be slowing down on the browser, but it's still the best phone I've used for texting, email, music, phonecalls, chats, and messaging.
    I see. Thank you for your complete insights. I do think that without the toolbelt it would not be the bb device, at the same time the beefed up design of the classic does not attract me that much. I am a bit concerned about hanging and answering calls as with the dedicated buttons you're always sure what you did. So, than the decisive characteristic is the price and the Q10 wins it fair and square. Well, I'd prefer so much if TCL incorporated new hardware and software into 9930 build. That'd be a rocker.
    lasoiveille likes this.
    02-10-17 02:49 PM
    Good luck with the Q10, then! The calls shouldn't be too bad (no worse than any other touchscreen).

Here here on the 9930 resurrection! In a perfect world. . .we'll just wait in line next to all the Razr fans
    02-10-17 04:07 PM
299 ... 9101112