View Poll Results: How should I handle the new OS update?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep new update

0 0%
  • Use previous OS

1 50.00%
  • Reinstall new update

1 50.00%
  • Restore phone to factory settings

0 0%
  • To heck with BB altogether

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I've been using and enjoying my Q10 since the first week of its release and had one or two major OS updates since then.... But then, I installed this latest update and my phone is suddenly worthless. Every single app on the phone takes 2 to 10 times longer to load, some apps don't even work properly anymore, and the hub, in my opinion, is in no way improved. In addition, my battery died twice in one day, lasting about 3-4 hours with a full charge and minimal usage whereas I would normally have half of my battery life remaining after a full day of regular phone use. So I'm attempting now to restore my phone to factory settings, since I was not able to locate a way to download a previous version of my OS and never created a full back-up using BlackBerry link. This is yet another nail in the coffin between myself and BlackBerry, to whom I've been devoted to ever since my last 2 Torch models (still wishing there would have been a sliding phone created between the Z10 and Q10). I fear that RIM will soon fall through the cracks as a phone manufacturer, as the phones are now getting somewhat better, companies are discontinuing the development of apps for the BlackBerry platform that used to make them (specific example, Sirius Satellite Radio). Tell me why, PLEASE tell me why, I continue to sit on this sinking ship??? The only answer I can come up with, is my beloved physical QWERTY board, but this latest development may be why I just created a CrackBerry account, as well as the reason I will be deleting my CrackBerry account
    04-20-14 07:02 AM
    and who is your provider? and what software update did you install? and was it the provider's version or a leaked version? Using leaked versions always involves a risk, which you are always warned about

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:32 AM
    I'm waiting for the answers to questions "shoe" asked.

My initial instinct would be to say that someone in 2014 making reference to RIM is making a weak attempt at trolling, but I may be wrong.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    04-20-14 07:43 AM
    I'm waiting for the answers to questions "shoe" asked.

My initial instinct would be to say that someone in 2014 making reference to RIM is making a weak attempt at trolling, but I may be wrong.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    04-20-14 07:47 AM
    My provider is ATT and the update was the most recent BlackBerry 10 OS software update that appeared in my Notifications list Friday night. I updated it on Saturday morning around 8am and my phone was dead by noon! I left it on the charger all afternoon until 4pm and it was dead again at 8pm. Any thoughts?
    04-20-14 08:38 AM
    Eric,

I also have AT&T and did the recent OTA update on my Z10. I was, however using another 10.2.1 OS update from another provider using Sachesi.

That being said I have not noticed any differences with the recent update - though many people say give it a day or two for your phone to get used to the new update, hence the battery drain. Get back to us by Tuesday before you wipe the phone to a previous OS version, as I am sure you will enjoy 10.2.1 once the phone adjusts to it.

Side note, the company is now called Blackberry - they dropped the RIM name a while ago.

Cheers!

AT&T Blackberry Z10 <--Verizon Blackberry Curve 9310 <--Verizon Blackberry Curve 8530 <--AT&T Samsung Blackjack II <--Cingular Nokia E62 <--Alltel Samsung SGH-E610 <--Nextel Motorola i90c <--Alltel Motorola t720 <--Centurytel Nokia 5185i
    04-20-14 08:47 AM
    I installed the latest update with the Z3 support. Phone slowed a battery life dropped by hours even after a week waiting for it to settle.

I went back to the, I think 2674 release. My Q is now back. Apps pop open and screens are fast.

Try using Sachesi and do a non destructive install. Use 311 / 120 / Q10 100-4, settings.

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    04-20-14 09:11 AM
    Typo? should be 310 / 120 / Q10 100-4

I installed the latest update with the Z3 support. Phone slowed a battery life dropped by hours even after a week waiting for it to settle.

I went back to the, I think 2674 release. My Q is now back. Apps pop open and screens are fast.

Try using Sachesi and do a non destructive install. Use 311 / 120 / Q10 100-4, settings.

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    04-20-14 10:21 AM
    To summize, and due to my own impatience, I spend the entire morning doing a full system restore on the phone. It inevitably downloaded and installed the most recent update, but as far as I can tell, all my apps are running at lightning fast speeds and working properly. Have yet to determine battery life, but its Easter so I have to quit playing with the phone and go have Eggs Benedict LOL thank you all for the info, will keep you posted as to my results
    04-20-14 10:57 AM
    Try backing up all of the data you have now and doing a reset for your phone. It might just help
    Please don't give up on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:04 PM
    Happy Late Easter

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:06 PM
    I agree on the battery life, it is worse off than before. I am still waiting for it to settle and it's been a week. I don't see it settling, it has to do with the new OS. Here's hoping for a better battery after 10.3
    04-21-14 01:15 AM