Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Omnitech
  1. makaiman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    152 Posts
    PIN
    2BADC37F
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Woke up this morning, all email and notifications gone in the hub. BBM working on multiple devices..

    Strange, only on the Q10, I woke this morning to discover all or most of my email completely vanished on the Q10 I have, and at the same time, strange, but BBM with the SAME ID is working on all three of my devices at the same time with three different PINs on my Q10, Zed 10, and Z30.

    Strange, but curious as to why that happened on the Q10, and today, equally that BBM with three different PINs on three different devices with the SAME ID is working gold. Usually, I've had to 'switch' devices to bring in or use BBM.

    But the Q10 email and notifications baffles me. Last night, somewhere along the line I think too (which may have something to do with this), I used the pinch gesture to see all unread email and may have hit 'mark prior read'. Is there a way to do that on the Q10?

    Lastly, I decided to wipe my machine and start fresh and in configuring my email, all of the email are on the servers with a three different accounts, but nothing came in on the Q10 save for a few new ones, hit and miss...

    Crazy BlackBerry day... Anyone experiencing similar issues and resolutions, I would be grateful to hear...
  2. Omnitech's Avatar
    Dragon Slayer

    Posts
    10,874 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makaiman View Post
    But the Q10 email and notifications baffles me. Last night, somewhere along the line I think too (which may have something to do with this), I used the pinch gesture to see all unread email and may have hit 'mark prior read'. Is there a way to do that on the Q10?

    Yes, you probably hit "Delete all prior" by mistake.

    Instead of clicking/holding a single message, you click/hold on the date separator.

    Unfortunately the delete icon looks similiar to the one for a single message, and people sometimes miss the warning text when they're doing a bunch of deletions in a row.
    southlander likes this.
  3. project_x's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    556 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    So if someone sends you a bbm, it happens on all devices simultaneously.....that is the only thing stopping me from using multiple bb10 devices...
  4. ZeroBarrier's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,324 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by project_x View Post
    So if someone sends you a bbm, it happens on all devices simultaneously.....that is the only thing stopping me from using multiple bb10 devices...
    No, you've always been able to log into multiple devices with BBID, but BBM is pin dependent and you can not have the same pin on multiple devices.

    Posted via CB10
  5. BigBadWulf's Avatar

    Posts
    38,449 Posts
    Global Posts
    38,485 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBarrier View Post
    No, you've always been able to log into multiple devices with BBID, but BBM is pin dependent and you can not have the same pin on multiple devices.

    Posted via CB10
    Exactly why the OP's description makes no sense. But I'm a firm believe in the "anything is possible" scenario. If multiple pins are logged on to the same BBID simultaneously, I know someone who would definitely want this looked at.
  6. Ed Gar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    532 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    My emails of about 3 months are also gone. Got my Q10 last Feb and yesterday when I was searching something from my mails, they're missing. Some sent items on one of my email was there. Does it auto-delete when the memory is low? I still have 800mb free but the phone will warn me that I already have low memory space. This is similar to my old Curve that auto deletes when near full memory.

    BBQ10
  7. BigBadWulf's Avatar

    Posts
    38,449 Posts
    Global Posts
    38,485 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Gar View Post
    My emails of about 3 months are also gone. Got my Q10 last Feb and yesterday when I was searching something from my mails, they're missing. Some sent items on one of my email was there. Does it auto-delete when the memory is low? I still have 800mb free but the phone will warn me that I already have low memory space. This is similar to my old Curve that auto deletes when near full memory.

    BBQ10
    I can't imagine the number of messages required, to cause that.
  8. Omnitech's Avatar
    Dragon Slayer

    Posts
    10,874 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Gar View Post
    My emails of about 3 months are also gone. Got my Q10 last Feb and yesterday when I was searching something from my mails, they're missing. Some sent items on one of my email was there. Does it auto-delete when the memory is low? I still have 800mb free but the phone will warn me that I already have low memory space. This is similar to my old Curve that auto deletes when near full memory.

    No it does not delete anything automatically by design. That would be a pretty outrageous design principle.

    First thing to check is take Hub out of "conversation" mode and put it in individual message display mode.

    And then we need to work back methodically to before you noticed "missing" messages and try to identify changes or actions that occurred around that time. Restarts, battery pulls, message events, other clients accessing the same account, possible heartbleed/password compromise, etc etc.

    If you have a good email provider they can pull logs and see what they saw on the server side. But if you want to do that you'll need to contact them right away, most email providers purge logs fairly frequently.
  9. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    96,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    96,216 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Guess at least they weren't deleted from the server also?
  10. project_x's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    556 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I'm hoping the op cones back to better describe what is happening on bbm
  11. makaiman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    152 Posts
    PIN
    2BADC37F
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    No one will believe this, but if multiple phones are within 5 feet or closer with each other, I was able to use BBM on multiple devices with the same BlackBerry ID. Then I took the multiple devices and placed them into different rooms, and after about 5 minutes or so, two out of the three waned and faded when CLOSED. That is to say that my Zed 10 and Z30 were placed in different rooms, both devices, and whichever device was the farthest from the original BlackBerry ID host, left the first from the original Q10, then the second, and finally, no BBM on the Z's, and the Q10 still going. Amazing... Tried this twice and still worked. Another thing was that if BBM is closed on the subsequent devices and not active screened, it will go..
  12. ZeroBarrier's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,324 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makaiman View Post
    No one will believe this, but if multiple phones are within 5 feet or closer with each other, I was able to use BBM on multiple devices with the same BlackBerry ID.
    This has never been an issue. Logging into multiple BlackBerry devices while using the same BBID has always been possible. This doesn't mean you have the same PIN on multiple devices, which is currently impossible.

    Then I took the multiple devices and placed them into different rooms, and after about 5 minutes or so, two out of the three waned and faded when CLOSED.
    What does this even mean? Waned and faded when closed? You aren't making any sense.

    That is to say that my Zed 10 and Z30 were placed in different rooms, both devices, and whichever device was the farthest from the original BlackBerry ID host, left the first from the original Q10, then the second, and finally, no BBM on the Z's, and the Q10 still going. Amazing... Tried this twice and still worked. Another thing was that if BBM is closed on the subsequent devices and not active screened, it will go..
    This just makes everything you said even more confusing.

    Posted via CB10
  13. anon6040766's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,451 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,779 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makaiman View Post
    Strange, only on the Q10, I woke this morning to discover all or most of my email completely vanished on the Q10 I have, and at the same time, strange, but BBM with the SAME ID is working on all three of my devices at the same time with three different PINs on my Q10, Zed 10, and Z30.

    Strange, but curious as to why that happened on the Q10, and today, equally that BBM with three different PINs on three different devices with the SAME ID is working gold. Usually, I've had to 'switch' devices to bring in or use BBM.

    But the Q10 email and notifications baffles me. Last night, somewhere along the line I think too (which may have something to do with this), I used the pinch gesture to see all unread email and may have hit 'mark prior read'. Is there a way to do that on the Q10?

    Lastly, I decided to wipe my machine and start fresh and in configuring my email, all of the email are on the servers with a three different accounts, but nothing came in on the Q10 save for a few new ones, hit and miss...

    Crazy BlackBerry day... Anyone experiencing similar issues and resolutions, I would be grateful to hear...
    Many months ago, I woke up in the morning and my HUB was completely empty. All emails from 3 accounts, texts, BBM's, Social Media, etc. When I checked the emails on the server they were gone too. This was before 10.2.1 and ability to choose Delete From Device option. There was no was no help. The device was functioning completely fine at the time and new messages were coming through, but everything old was gone. BlackBerry support did nothing. I was extremely frustrated but ultimately moved on. I switched from that device to another BlackBerry 10 device and then switched back again. I haven't had the issue again. It's still odd to this day. And about once a month I see a thread like yours, pop up and it reminds me of when it happened to me. Sorry you're dealing with this. Ultimately, you either hit delete all prior by accident or just a strange occurrence happened to your phone. I wouldn't give it much thought with respect to what you've lost. I'd focus on whether your device is currently working properly for present and future HUB usage.

    Hammered out with my White Q10
  14. Omnitech's Avatar
    Dragon Slayer

    Posts
    10,874 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackedRosco View Post
    I switched from that device to another BlackBerry 10 device and then switched back again. I haven't had the issue again. It's still odd to this day.

    I said it at the time and I'll say it again: data corruption.

    Which is why I rant sometimes about people doing battery-pulls, because I think it's probably a contributing factor.

    There may also be some weaknesses in the OS that contribute to it, but random user accounts are never going to contribute much to solving such subtle technical matters. That takes detailed, highly-managed and documented testing, in the field as well as in the laboratory.

    As stated previously, BlackBerry has been contacted about these accounts and they could not replicate the scenario in their internal lab.
  15. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    96,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    96,216 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    I said it at the time and I'll say it again: data corruption.

    Which is why I rant sometimes about people doing battery-pulls, because I think it's probably a contributing factor.

    There may also be some weaknesses in the OS that contribute to it, but random user accounts are never going to contribute much to solving such subtle technical matters. That takes detailed, highly-managed and documented testing, in the field as well as in the laboratory.

    As stated previously, BlackBerry has been contacted about these accounts and they could not replicate the scenario in their internal lab.
    Maybe they need someone with a mess to send them their phone.
  16. BruvvaPete's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,229 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,230 Global Posts
    PIN
    23339D2E
    #16  

    Default

    I kinda thought that was happening, but now I know for certain that a lot of my emails have simply vanished from the hub. I know they still exist on the serverd because I see them when I log in on my computer.

    What a pissoff

    @BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well

Similar Threads

  1. Need some help with the playbook software update.
    By enesberry in forum BlackBerry PlayBook OS
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-14, 07:53 AM
  2. Z10 battery drain while in the external charger
    By kuchunwah in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-14, 04:10 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-14, 03:43 PM
  4. "Show What I'm Listening To" Option on BlackBerry 10
    By Akshay Rampatha in forum General BBM Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-14, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions