Thoughts???
    09-20-14 08:15 AM
    The upgraded version of the Q10 can be called The Passport...
    09-20-14 08:32 AM
    Maybe one one understood the question. The Q10, passport and classic are all different phones. Discussions on the forums show that the Q10 might not have a successor and the bold's successor is the classic. The passport stands on it's own as a new device.

IF the the Q10 sticks around and gets upgraded, who thinks that the keyboard will be like the passport's????
    09-20-14 08:44 AM
    I'm not sure where you get the idea that the classic stands on its own.. I don't agree with the above that the Passport is the new Q10, but I certainly would say the classic (which was originally called the Q20 by the way) is its replacement. It's really what the Q10 should have been in the first place in my opinion. A true successor to the bold 9900.

I love my Z10, but I always found the transition from the keyboard to the gestures without the trackpad in between clumsy on the Q10. The classic should be a much smoother operation for those who desire a keyboard device.

The Passport is an entirely different way to go, I like the idea of the capacative keyboard vs the track pad, and that may be seen on Q style devices in the future as well, but as it stands now.. based on sheer size alone.. the Passport is a successor to nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    09-20-14 08:48 AM
    I'm not sure where you get the idea that the classic stands on its own.. I don't agree with the above that the Passport is the new Q10, but I certainly would say the classic (which was originally called the Q20 by the way) is its replacement.
    It's why I say "can be called" the question is funny. And as you say, the Classic is the Q20.
    09-20-14 08:50 AM
    Now that would be cool, the Q10 keyboard profile is sleek, so scrolling would introduce an added dimension for my Q10, for me.
    09-20-14 01:16 PM
    OP, I don't think that will happen somehow. How many phones can you think of that get 'upgraded' hardware-wise?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 02:48 PM
    If you mean that the Q10 will have the ability to use its keypad as a trackpad, then no. To have this, you would need a hardware upgrade.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    09-21-14 02:33 AM
    If you are talking about a Q10 successor with a capacitive keyboard: We don't know any(hing about such a device yet. For the next few months, BBRY is covering the needs with the Passport and the Classic. I'd say they'll first see how both devices, especially the Passport, will be accepted by the market.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-21-14 03:58 AM
    I'm not sure where you get the idea that the classic stands on its own.. I don't agree with the above that the Passport is the new Q10, but I certainly would say the classic (which was originally called the Q20 by the way) is its replacement. It's really what the Q10 should have been in the first place in my opinion. A true successor to the bold 9900.

I love my Z10, but I always found the transition from the keyboard to the gestures without the trackpad in between clumsy on the Q10. The classic should be a much smoother operation for those who desire a keyboard device.

The Passport is an entirely different way to go, I like the idea of the capacative keyboard vs the track pad, and that may be seen on Q style devices in the future as well, but as it stands now.. based on sheer size alone.. the Passport is a successor to nothing.

Posted via CB10
    I thought I remembered it being said that the 'Classic' isn't the name of one device in particular but a new line of devices which all call back to the 'Classic' design, as far as I know, the Q10 will be getting a Tool Beltless upgrade since there are some people who would rather do without the tool belt but have a full keyboard , and I remember CrackBerry saying it too but can't find it ..

http://m.pocketnow.com/2014/02/26/bl...classic-models

Will the Q10 get upgraded with the passport keyboard???-img_20140921_101232.png

In any case, things change all the time, I guess if the Classic sells alot to those upgrading from Q10 as well as those upgrading from legacy then they won't bother to release devices like that (Passport aside)

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 04:15 AM
    As far as I'm concerned going forward the Q's will have the belt, folks who wish to remain beltless will be direct towards the Passport for now (and hopefully smaller sized version of such in the future but that's just coming from me) and touch screens are touch screens. Some kind of a slider fits somewhere in the middle.

I'd be pretty surprised to see another beltless Q.. but I suppose that's a matter of perspective.. I do think they'll need to make a smaller passport style device.. which would be what you're describing..a smaller qwerty device with no trackpad and a capacative keyboard. I just don't see that as a successor to the Q.. I see it as a size variation to the Passport line (unlikely to be called that mind you) and I see the Q and/or classic series continuing separately with the belt.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:41 AM
    Maybe the Q10 will evolve into a passport mini.

So many possibilities. Unlike other phone manufacturers that take make variations on the same rectangle.

BlackBerry will never run short of ideas on this forum.
    09-21-14 10:00 AM