Hi guys, long story short, I have a double typing issue on my Q10 ever since I bought it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not. After the 10.3.1 updates, it came back, like really irritating now on the letters K and L and the spacebar button. Before it was the letter P and A.

Every so often the typing issue occurs after an update or what.

Then I finally bought 57 piece toolkit that is used to open up a phone. And I'm finally thinking of going crazy on it. It is my first time to open a phone, any phone but I watched a youtube video on it and somehow wanting to risk.

So question is, is this worth it? Or is the double typing issue may be software related as I noticed sometimes after an update it does not occur anymore and am just wasting my time trying to risk into destroying my Q10?

Can you guys advise

PS

No BlackBerry service centers here, not in warranty anymore, and I already reformatted my phone. Twice.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 10:12 AM
    The first time I ever opened up a phone was my Q10 to replace the keyboard. After, I felt like I had a new phone honestly.
    popengchan likes this.
    04-09-15 10:19 AM
    Same here it's a problem with me also. Why I don't know? Really need help with it please

Regards, Syed Shaishad,‎ BBM:‎2AFDF6EA, BB Channel: C00450EFA, +919700317379, BlackBerry vendor, INDIA.‎
    04-09-15 10:21 AM
    Yea... totally worth it... careful on the two screws holding the keyboard in place
    popengchan likes this.
    04-09-15 11:30 AM
    There are some excellent entries on this website concerning double typing on the Q10. Very good pictures of the problem and fixes. Fortunately AT&T (thank you) sent me a "refurb" which has so far no problems. Purchased an extra keyboard just in case.

Q10 BlackBerry excellent design questionable execution.
    popengchan likes this.
    04-09-15 11:44 AM
    Just go for it. It is not that difficult to do if you follow the instructions offered online. A new keyboard often feels like getting a new device.

Posted via CB10
    popengchan likes this.
    04-09-15 11:44 AM
    Wait, everyone is stating that "a new keyboard" fixes the issue. My only plan is like to clean the unders of the keyboard thinking that dust may be the issue. So you mean to say that the double typing issue's cause is the keyboard's functionality and not like dust in it?

If so, what is the problem, the keypad itself where we push the buttons, or the underneath of the keyboard where the keys lights up? So I know which to replace.

Anyone know and tested a good set of keyboard replacement and where you got them except BlackBerry?

Thanks guys, you don't know how much I appreciate your help in these times of need.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:37 PM
    I tried opening up my keyboard to fix it and ended up with keys not clicking anymore. So if I where you I'd choose the easy way and order a new keyboard. Etradesupply offers them for 6.95 usd tvc mall for 6.48 usd. And they are OEM quality in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    popengchan and hlg8888 like this.
    04-10-15 12:28 AM
    I would rather buy a new keyboard. It's possible to place plates in their places of course! But at the same time there is an opportunity to move other plates for example "n" or "m" when fixing "k" or "l". I took my phone apart for 3 times!!!! And I don't want to do it any more! Only new keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:36 AM
    Wait, everyone is stating that "a new keyboard" fixes the issue. My only plan is like to clean the unders of the keyboard thinking that dust may be the issue. So you mean to say that the double typing issue's cause is the keyboard's functionality and not like dust in it?

If so, what is the problem, the keypad itself where we push the buttons, or the underneath of the keyboard where the keys lights up? So I know which to replace.

Anyone know and tested a good set of keyboard replacement and where you got them except BlackBerry?

Thanks guys, you don't know how much I appreciate your help in these times of need.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    i used etrade supply, got the keyboard & keypad assembly together... for the price, you're better off getting both together, then trying to take a keyboard apart and putting one back together imo.

not sure if I can post these, but i'm sure a mod will tell me if I shouldn't have...

black:
    BlackBerry Q10 Keypad and Keyboard Assembly

white:
    BlackBerry Q10 Keypad and Keyboard Assembly

**I don't work for them, never have, no affiliation with them. I have just used them to order parts for my Q10 and have had 0 issues with them.
    axllebeer and popengchan like this.
    04-10-15 08:50 AM
    The first time I ever opened up a phone was my Q10 to replace the keyboard. After, I felt like I had a new phone honestly.

Go Dawgs . Glad to see SEC. Folks on here

Posted via CB10
    FCSC likes this.
    04-12-15 10:05 AM
    Go Dawgs . Glad to see SEC. Folks on here

Posted via CB10
    We have a bbm college football group, i'll PM you the pin

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 05:44 PM
    My keyboard is doing the same thing!! Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering from this issue!
    Does anyone know if there's a vendor I can order the keyboard and keypad assembly from in the EMEA region (preferably Egypt)?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:43 AM
    Go for it. Just take your time and try to remember where each screw goes. Watch the video on youtube and simply just follow it (pausing the video at each step).

I recommend you test out the keyboard before closing it all back up again. Clicking each and every letter.

This phone is way too good to let the double type ruin your experience. Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:51 AM
    Do it carefully. Enjoy your new Q10!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 09:09 AM