As you call can see I am new to the site and have been loving lots of the posts great people and articles on here to read which helped me in my decision on going back to a blackberry. I should be getting my q10 tomorrow and i can only imagine it will perform similar to the classic(Verizon) as they are pretty close in specs, but what i was able to do in the mean time was run some wifi performance/range tests in the house during my attempted switch form ios. I had 2 sapphie blue ballistic nylon droid turbos(Verizon), 1 z3v(Verizon), 1 iphone 6(Att), 2 iphone 5c's(Verizon) and a iPad mini 1st gen(Wifi Only). I ran some speed tests on ookla and check signal strength in 3 rooms of a 2 store house with the router in a about the center of the main floor. The routers I tested were our centurylink single n band all in one modem/router, a D-Link EA-2500 Dual Band, Apple Airport Extreme A1354(4th Gen), Apple Airport Extreme A1408(5th Gen), Asus RT-AC66U. I tested each router 3 times in each location from each device, having the other routers off and the wireless off on the other devices for each test. I then moved to the next device and so on. What shocked me was how unimpressive the new asus ac66u was with it being touted as the best one for speed and range that our electronics store had to date. Range and speed wise it was not bad but really not much better than the apple routers. The android phones and the iphone 6 did decent on ac speeds avg 120-135mpbs from about 10-15 ft. What was crazy was that the android phones once i got any further than that be a wall in between them and router, or directly above the router in the room above it, the android phones would either drop signal or have very poor performance, and this is at a distance of max of about 20ft either horizontal or verticle in the house based on the few rooms i tested, with either a floor or a wall in between. The apple phones did fine in all the rooms and always had full to almost full signal in every room, they did best on the 2 apple routers and the asus router. The asus router didnt seem to broadcast as far as id hoped and signal wise was not much better than the 2009 apple 4th gen router. Im not loyal to any brand but for as old as that apple router is, Got it when it came out in 2008 or 2009 on release. I have had no issues with it and had only bought the 5th gen a few years back as they advertised it was a power boost for some better range. It performed about the same as the 4th gen in the rooms. The worst was the dlink, and our internet provider did decent but not as good as the apple router. Now I dont know if there is specific interference in the house but i turned off any of the rooms with led lights and away from any appliances to see if that affected the wifi performance but regardless of what i tried to do to make the android phones work at decent range on any of the routers, they plain sucked. I did not try the classic in the test as i didnt have it at the time, but when i had it on the 4th gen apple router before it performed just fine in the same rooms to where i wasnt dropping off the wifi and using mobile data. Now i have all the speeds and signal jotted down on some papers as i had allot of running around those hours of testing i did and when i finished I called motorola and sony to address the poor wifi issues on the phones. First they said it was the router. When i told them i got similar results with 5 different routers, they then said it was def the phone and to go exchange it. I know that bad electronics make it out there, but i doubt that these 3 android phones i got were all bad, but instead just not built as well as the antennas that are in the apple or blackberry devices. I am switching from a iphone 6 down to a q10 as i didnt like how big the classic was and for the price, i will hold off in hopes of a better upgrade from the q10 till then. I thought i would share this finding as i couldnt get much info online regarding this odd issue. I have had no wireless issues on the network at home before in terms of devices not holding signal in any of the rooms until i tried to use one of the android phones. The whole time during these tests when i would connect the amazon fire tv stick or smart tv they got great signal at double the distance than where the android phones would struggle to hold 1 bar. Have others found when they had android devices that their antennas were more inferior and prone to dropping a signal as to the blackberry or iphone holding on to a signal better. I know the classic and the z30 had that paratek better antenna in them, but didnt see too many people complaining of poor wifi on their blackberrys too much. I appologize for the long post but I spent many weeks trying to switch to a new phone form this iphone and any of the droids were a flop, and i really didnt want to spend so much on a s6 or s6 edge. Windows phone was not bad when i had it for a bit last year but now that im on verizon i didnt have the options like when i was on att. I was really liking the physical keyboard again on the classic, but is was just a bit too big. I guess i wanted a device that was more of a phone than a media social device as i dont do much of that. Maybe someone has written up something like this already but i did lots of looking online to see if there were many reports or even tests of this done and i didnt find much. I would like some input form others that have had other devices vs the blackberry they have now or had and how the wifi performance/range is or was??
    falcon88 likes this.
    06-23-15 10:35 PM
    I use an AC68U with iPad Air, Note 3 and a Z10. iPad seems to have the best reception, the Note and Z10 being about equal.

That means that both have sufficient reception throughout the whole house.
    06-24-15 11:44 AM
    I have Asus RT-N66U. Signal strength on Q10 is very good. 5GHz network performs well, even through a couple of walls.

Posted via my Black Q10 | 10.3.2.2204
    06-24-15 11:54 AM
    Funny, my Blackberry Q10 can't keep connected to wifi for the life of it. ("Limited Connection") where as my old galaxy s3 has no problem staying connected and even has a much better connection when moving far away from the router.

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    06-24-15 01:37 PM
    Never had a problem with WiFi on my q10 works like all the rest.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 01:53 PM
    my issue with my BB10 is that it does not allow me connect to any VPN, it changes wifi connectivity if it sees a new one without prompting me to accept or not. I do not know if this is a software issue.
    06-25-15 05:58 AM
    My Q works better on my home wifi than it does on 4GLTE.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 05:18 PM