Hey guys,
    I'm having trouble with wifi on my Q10. Whenever i lock the phone screen with Wifi connected and use it after 5-10min, internet won't work. However, it still shows full wifi signal and remains connected to the network in settings. I have to turn off wifi, and then turn it on again to get it working. And as a result i miss out on my notifications.
    I used to have a similar problem with my 9900 as well, and now with my Q10 also facing the same issue, i'm very dissapointed. Hopefully it is not a hardware issue as I imported this phone from another country so i dont know if it has international warranty or not.
    Any help will be appreciated!
    08-02-13 03:36 PM
    If you were having the same problem with your old BB, maybe the problem is your Wi-Fi ? Does it happen with every router or just at home/office ?
    08-02-13 03:59 PM
    I only use wifi when i'm home, so i never connected my device to any other wifi network. I'll try doing it and check whether the problem is with my phone or my router. But all my other devices like iPad & iPhone never had any issues with my home wifi. I'll check it & get back.
    08-02-13 04:37 PM
    My Q10 stays connected and I can still access the web after unlocking it.
    08-02-13 05:39 PM
    I only use wifi when i'm home, so i never connected my device to any other wifi network. I'll try doing it and check whether the problem is with my phone or my router. But all my other devices like iPad & iPhone never had any issues with my home wifi. I'll check it & get back.
    Logon to router to check the following

What bands @ what frequencies is allowed?
    (802.11a/b/g/n and 2.4Ghz/5Ghz or both)
    Mac Filtering?
    (unless your super paranoid - disable this feature; especially if you don't understand it).
    Renew your DHCP lease (from the modem).
    ^ this will ensure an updated DHCP list.
    REMOVE and re-add the WLAN network to your Q10.

Reset your modem ... pull the power for 5 second no longer else you'll loose settings (most routers behave this way).

Footnote: if your wlan router has the ability to create 2 different networks (AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule etc does) then create a new network using different settings on 2.4Ghz only, then adjust to 5Ghz only and test that with your Q10 over a 24hr period.
    08-03-13 01:12 AM
    Z10 won't find Wifi network at beach house. Stayed her last year with my Bold 9700 didn't have a problem
    Of course all the Droid and Iphone connect instantly. Have manually tried to connect but wants default gateway? I found the ip off my wifes s2 and have the password and name of network what else did I need? At this point want to throw myZ10 in the ocean.
    Last edited by scottdpreece; 08-03-13 at 09:08 PM.
    08-03-13 08:56 PM
    Have IP address network name and password what else do bob need to manually connect to Wifi. I've rebooted and pulled battery. Starting to hate this phone.
    08-03-13 08:59 PM
    ashish...try giving your BB a static IP....in wifi go to Advanced, take off auro IP and givie it a fixed IP
    12-19-13 12:33 PM
    Scottdpreece...... if your other devices like iphone etc have connected, get their ip address and default Gateway....you might need to go to advanced settings to find it on the iphone, then on your BB set up static IP manually, change the ip address from your wifes by one number say hers is 192.168.1.150 change yours to 151 . the subnet will probably look like 255.255.255.0 or similar...that can be the same...then make sure default gateway is also same as hers
    12-19-13 12:36 PM