Okay, so I may be remembering this wrong, but on my old Pearl I could receive and send emails no problem on my home wifi. With my Q10 I can't send. I have to turn off wifi for this to work. This seems weird to me. I though what was supposed to happen was that my Pearl would try wifi and then switch to cellular automatically if it couldn't transmit (Note: my cellular is Rogers and my email address is through Cogeco. I am using rogerswirelessdata for the smtp address). Have other people had this issue?
    07-10-13 08:07 AM
    Sounds like your home ISP or firewall is blocking access to that SMTP port you are using or your ISP is blocking access to that SMTP server. Does it work if you change your SMTP server to the home ISP server?
    07-10-13 08:11 AM
    Thanks for a speedy reply!
    It apparently will work if I change it, but then my email won't work outside of my home wifi because of the way Cogeco deals with email not on one of their networks. But I will look at the my router (Apple airport) and see if that can be adjusted.
    07-10-13 09:41 AM
    Cogeco is still in the dark ages when it comes to email. That said, you should be able to connect to an SMTP server outside the network. I run my own email server and can connect to it on home Wi-Fi and on wireless. Because I have my own server I haven't tried the rogerswirelessdata one. The problem there may be that, like Cogeco, the Rogers SMTP server will only accept connections from devices on their network. If that is the case its Catch-22.

What I did that is working (other than encouraging people to send email to other addresses) is get an Outlook.Com email address and configure it to pull in your Cogeco email. This also allows you to use all the features of EAS.
    07-10-13 09:54 AM
    Should work fine with your ISP's mail server when on and off wifi. Previous bugs were fixed.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:23 AM
    Should work fine with your ISP's mail server when on and off wifi. Previous bugs were fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Not with Cogeco unfortunately. From their FAQ:
    If you are using a mobile device, you may be trying to connect to Cogeco’s outgoing email server (smtp.cogeco.ca) with your wireless service. Our servers do not accept connections from outside the Cogeco network. Contact your wireless provider to find out the name of their outgoing email server.
    Of course when the wireless provider outgoing email server will only accept connections from their network ... Catch-22
    07-10-13 01:05 PM
    Oh well. I guess it's something I have to live with. Thanks for all the replies!
    07-14-13 09:02 AM