Once I had I Q10 I tried to send and receive files using nfc and Wifi direct to other smartphones like Samsung ones,

First : NFC,

To send a photo via nfc to other devices I find that only works when nfc is on and s-beam is off
    And it seem to use bluetooth in that process.

Second : Wifi direct,

I've tried to send files via Wifi direct and it keeps saying : can't find the other device!!

I think it may be a special feature for every company that only works for its devices?

I don't have a lot of information how it goes, anyone have tried to send and receive files through Wifi direct could tell us what is the trick?

Science Wifi direct is a way faster than bluetooth in transferring files!

Posted via awesome Q10
    08-21-14 10:00 AM
    Yeah, I want in on this thread. Have tried via NFC with Android Beam both, on and off, and it just goes for bluetooth. Have also tried manual pairing, which after some attempts ends up working, but the file transfer errors out.
    08-21-14 10:07 AM
    Yeah, I want in on this thread. Have tried via NFC with Android Beam both, on and off, and it just goes for bluetooth. Have also tried manual pairing, which after some attempts ends up working, but the file transfer errors out.

Yeah it always leeds to pairing thing but no use it keeps saying failure,
    Or simply it turns on bluetooth!

Posted via awesome Q10
    08-21-14 10:10 AM
    I suggest you two check your OS versions and update to the most up to date version possible.

NFC is still not ruled by a global standard and each company goes for something of their own. When you start an NFC transfer with devices that don't have the very same protocols, they both default to a bluetooth transfer. It's not perfect, but it grants us cross-platform usage.

Back on early version of BB10, not even that would go (hence my "update now" alert).

Din't get a chance to try Wi-Fi Direct yet, so very curious on how this goes.

EDIT: You guys really got me courious. Found this.

08-21-14 10:10 AM
    I suggest you two check your OS versions and update to the most up to date version possible.

NFC is still not ruled by a global standard and each company goes for something of their own. When you start an NFC transfer with devices that don't have the very same protocols, they both default to a bluetooth transfer. It's not perfect, but it grants us cross-platform usage.

Back on early version of BB10, not even that would go (hence my "update now" alert).

I'm currently up to date with OS,
    It seem to be like what you said it's not standard yet for NFC,

And I think it's the same for Wifi direct something have to do with protocols or something!

Hope anyone can help, Wifi direct is realy awesome

Posted via awesome Q10
    08-21-14 10:15 AM