Greetings all! On all my previous Blackberry models, the Wi-Fi connection that I was connected to displayed by name at the top of my home screen. I've noticed that the Q10 does not do that automatically and I have to go into Settings to find out which connection I'm using. Is there an App or some other way to have the Q10 display the name of the Wi-Fi connection I'm connected to (and signal strength if possible) at the top of the home screen like all the other Blackberry versions I've used?
    07-18-13 12:38 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

You don't need to go into settings, just slide from the top and you'll see the SSID of the hotspot. Yes, it works on the Q10 as well.

Wi-Fi Connection Display on Home Screen-img_00000008.jpg

As for the rest, I cannot help. Maybe there is something in BB World?
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    07-18-13 12:57 PM
    Greetings all! On all my previous Blackberry models, the Wi-Fi connection that I was connected to displayed by name at the top of my home screen. I've noticed that the Q10 does not do that automatically and I have to go into Settings to find out which connection I'm using. Is there an App or some other way to have the Q10 display the name of the Wi-Fi connection I'm connected to (and signal strength if possible) at the top of the home screen like all the other Blackberry versions I've used?
    As the good ambassador mentioned, it's all there in a swipe down. Signal Strength is also already shown, each bar in the WiFi icon is a signal strength indicator
    07-18-13 01:00 PM
    Fair enough, but I was hoping for something at a glance. With this method I have to swipe down to see what I'm connected to, then tap the Wi-Fi icon to see the signal strength whereas before all I had to do was glance at the top of the screen.
    07-18-13 01:16 PM
    Understood, but it's not quite that complicated. The signal strength is already there at-a-glance (i.e., on your homescreen at the top, before you do anything); when you swipe down, it then shows what you're connected to - no further steps required.
    07-18-13 01:59 PM
    Agreed. The only thing you need to do anything about is when you need the SSID.

The WiFi signal strength is the number of "waves", just like the carrier signal strength is the number of bars.
    07-18-13 08:36 PM
    Previous models didn't show the wifi signal strength on the home screen either...at least not on any of the models I have owned (9700, 9900). They just had the signal meter in the upper right hand corner like the Q10 has.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 11:19 PM