Previously I simply connected my phone via USB to the car and the music on the media card fired up okay. I could access the files via steering wheel controls and incoming calls would override the music (as they should)

Now this no longer happens (I have never needed to be in AUX mode) and my Q10 says No music found when the card has 2.9gb of files.

Sometimes the Q10 screen would refer to charging or accessing the card - now nothing.

What's going on?
    09-16-15 02:39 PM
    Do you use BT to connect or the USB still?
    09-16-15 03:34 PM
    What car? My Infiniti, for example, can use an iPhone/iPod as an external media device, but no other phone. In my case, I didn't see the value in the package that included the system upgrade that unlocks this functionality across all devices, as I typically use a USB HD loaded with music or XM/Sirius anyway.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 04:20 PM
    You've probably already done this but... check that your USB settings hasn't inadvertently been switched to 'Charge only mode' that would prevent access to data on your card via USB. You might also need to have USB mass storage mode switched to on.
    Settings > Storage and access > Access using usb

The other thing that might be worth a try is to test another USB cable, it's not unusual for data cables to 'go bad'

Good luck!

-- posted via CB10 on my Q10 --
    09-16-15 04:34 PM
    Thanks to everybody who replied. I know I've got the settings correct - maybe I will try another cable.

"I typically use a USB HD loaded with music or XM/Sirius anyway." - This I don't understand - are you not using your phone or the media card? I've tried inserting a USB memory stick with the music on - to no avail.

Didn't understand either the Ambassador answer re BT?
    09-17-15 09:39 AM
    Thanks to everybody who replied. I know I've got the settings correct - maybe I will try another cable.

"I typically use a USB HD loaded with music or XM/Sirius anyway." - This I don't understand - are you not using your phone or the media card? I've tried inserting a USB memory stick with the music on - to no avail.

Didn't understand either the Ambassador answer re BT?
    Yeah, that's why I asked what car system you are working with. I use a USB drive loaded with music, and not my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 11:45 PM