There seems to be a steady flow of people experiencing serious problems with 10.2, either using their device after 10.2 has been installed or 10.2 having corrupted or negatively affected something.

Are these just a few minor random occurrences or are there some serious pervasive problems with 10.2?
    11-11-13 04:09 PM
    Kind of wondering as well... That Orange has not deployed it in France makes me think more testing really is needed for the time being
    11-11-13 04:17 PM
    There are always problems with a new update. iOS7, BlackBerry 10.0, and others are prime examples. Hopefully another incremental update will be released to fix the bugs.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    11-11-13 04:18 PM
    Had no issues myself, but I'm sure there is bugs. Remember this OS is brand new and still developing.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:21 PM
    Always looks bad in these forums. But users who upgraded and all is well are not here posting about it.

10.2 working well
    11-11-13 05:37 PM
    Yep...love 10.2. Can't wait for what is in store for next year!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:45 PM
    Always looks bad in these forums. But users who upgraded and all is well are not here posting about it.

10.2 working well
    No question that the ppl who are having probs are more likely to post. Just seems to be a surprising amount of them.

But I don't understand how it can work fine for some and be broken fro others.

Is there a common denominator among either group or consensus on the problems?
    11-11-13 05:45 PM
    There seems to be a steady flow of people experiencing serious problems with 10.2, either using their device after 10.2 has been installed or 10.2 having corrupted or negatively affected something.

Are these just a few minor random occurrences or are there some serious pervasive problems with 10.2?
    I installed 10.2 via Sachesi yesterday. Could no longer wait for Verizon. Did a lot of reading on these forums to make sure that I didn't screw anything up.

Everything seems to have worked! No issues. Love the dark theme, toast notifications and native Settings app. The Priority Hub actually works.

Verizon Q10 with 10.2 :-)
    11-11-13 05:53 PM
    10.2 on the Z30 is fine. My Z10 had that Android runtime issue but that was resolved with a clean reload of the OS. I did the reload before they put up the upgraded runtime on BBW.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:56 PM
    No issues at all with my q10
    11-11-13 05:59 PM
    I think a major problem (at least on this forum) is that a lot of people still side-load stuff like .bar files from leaks, old radio's or unlocked runtimes to their official 10.2 OS. When they run into problems they just shout "10.2 is buggy!", because they do not want to admit it may be their own fault. It is nice to see a positive topic from you SoxFan, I had almost given up hope!
    So far I've had no issues on official 10.2, but I only just downgraded from 10.2.1. I love the new functions in that (headless FlipSush/FM radio/monitor) but it was not good enough for a daily driver. If I do run into issues on 10.2 I will happily report back here, lol.
    gokulesh and knownastron like this.
    11-11-13 06:08 PM
    No issues here.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    11-11-13 06:15 PM
    The only issue I've encountered is that the browser is now laggy and regularly just goes black.

I've security wiped and reinstalled.

Odd - aside from that it's ok, apart from some lag here or there. For me it's been the most stable os version!

Although my Q10 is double typing letters - since the official 10.2 update.. don't know if that's software or hardware though!
    Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:18 PM
    Firstly I do not really accept the excuse "it is totally new etc" , in my work during times I have been involved in bridge design , how do you think people would react if we built a bridge but told them that we hadn't quite worked out how to build the middle bit yet so we put a plank in until we do ?
    It may seem an overly simplistic comparison but why put stuff out if it is not ready ? I know everybody does but we should not accept it and Blackberry are in no position to mess people about.

The fact is that I and others like me are consumers with hard cash that many of us work hard for, Blackberry and other manufacturers are suppliers that want this cash which we exchange for goods and if the product does not live up to expectations then next time we go somewhere else,

I have always been a Blackberry fan, the reason I got my first years ago was to BBM a girl but that's another story, never had any problems with BB and had a few different ones ending with my Z10 and although There are a couple of things I think are total S--t it is a damn good phone, that is after I sorted the mess out after I used NFC to transfer contacts etc from my old phone to my new Z10 [what a total disaster that was btw]
    Last night I downloaded 10.2.0.1791 BBM has been messing up and not every message is delivered, whether or not because the recipient was on an idiotphone I do not know, if this continues or there are other issues I will throw the phone away and change brands.

I parted with my hard cash for my phone and I expect it to work , I can buy excuses for a lot less at any street corner.
    If manufacturers put out incomplete software they do not deserve customers,but I expect it will be ok
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-11-13 07:30 PM
    Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on how you view it) all the manufacturers are competing with each other for the next greatest advancement. It seems like by the time the bugs get worked out, something new comes out and the debugging starts all over.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:47 PM
    Not that I disagree with your sentiment, but about your metaphor:
    I am pretty sure bridges also needed at least 2 or 3 major overhauls before people could actually rely on them being safe and stable without further improvements. And still they sometimes find design flaws (I remember issues with resonance). BB10 has just gotten its second major update, so in your comparison it actually makes perfect sense for 10.2 to still be buggy and unreliable (even though it is actually very stable and reliable, if you don't fool around with unlocked runtimes and updated .bar files). If by 10.5.0 the core OS is still not at peak performance, then your argument holds true, but I think that will work out.
    ...Firstly I do not really accept the excuse "it is totally new etc" , in my work during times I have been involved in bridge design , how do you think people would react if we built a bridge but told them that we hadn't quite worked out how to build the middle bit yet so we put a plank in until we do?..
    11-11-13 08:29 PM
    I think a major problem (at least on this forum) is that a lot of people still side-load stuff like .bar files from leaks, old radio's or unlocked runtimes to their official 10.2 OS. When they run into problems they just shout "10.2 is buggy!", because they do not want to admit it may be their own fault. It is nice to see a positive topic from you SoxFan, I had almost given up hope!
    So far I've had no issues on official 10.2, but I only just downgraded from 10.2.1. I love the new functions in that (headless FlipSush/FM radio/monitor) but it was not good enough for a daily driver. If I do run into issues on 10.2 I will happily report back here, lol.
    No one has had a problem once they reload or do a security wipe on 10.2. Like you've said, a lot of people side-load a myriad of things. Being an BlackBerry enthusiast forum only exuberates this. So many users come to such forums in search of making their devices "better" but have only a limited grasp on what it is that they are actually doing; and then in turn sabotage themselves only to blame the only thing that can't defend itself, the software.

Also, this isn't a positive thread; read the title again. He's indirectly trying to insinuate that BlackBerry released a buggy/broken update. He begins by saying, and I quote, "There seems to be a steady flow of people experiencing serious problems with 10.2, either using their device after 10.2 has been installed or 10.2 having corrupted or negatively affected something." A "steady flow of people experiencing serious problems" "10.2 having corrupted or negatively affected", those don't sound very positive now do they?
    11-11-13 08:40 PM
    Not that I disagree with your sentiment, but about your metaphor:
    I am pretty sure bridges also needed at least 2 or 3 major overhauls before people could actually rely on them being safe and stable without further improvements. And still they sometimes find design flaws (I remember issues with resonance). BB10 has just gotten its second major update, so in your comparison it actually makes perfect sense for 10.2 to still be buggy and unreliable (even though it is actually very stable and reliable, if you don't fool around with unlocked runtimes and updated .bar files). If by 10.5.0 the core OS is still not at peak performance, then your argument holds true, but I think that will work out.
    Also it's software, it keeps evolving and changing. They are building this whole OS basically from the ground up. They have to compete with hardware and functionally. Not a bridge that has one function and when it's approved the competition disappears.

They are also having troubles with carrier support on approving the new updates.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:40 PM
    Firstly I do not really accept the excuse "it is totally new etc" , in my work during times I have been involved in bridge design , how do you think people would react if we built a bridge but told them that we hadn't quite worked out how to build the middle bit yet so we put a plank in until we do ?
    It may seem an overly simplistic comparison but why put stuff out if it is not ready ? I know everybody does but we should not accept it and Blackberry are in no position to mess people about.

The fact is that I and others like me are consumers with hard cash that many of us work hard for, Blackberry and other manufacturers are suppliers that want this cash which we exchange for goods and if the product does not live up to expectations then next time we go somewhere else,

I have always been a Blackberry fan, the reason I got my first years ago was to BBM a girl but that's another story, never had any problems with BB and had a few different ones ending with my Z10 and although There are a couple of things I think are total S--t it is a damn good phone, that is after I sorted the mess out after I used NFC to transfer contacts etc from my old phone to my new Z10 [what a total disaster that was btw]
    Last night I downloaded 10.2.0.1791 BBM has been messing up and not every message is delivered, whether or not because the recipient was on an idiotphone I do not know, if this continues or there are other issues I will throw the phone away and change brands.

I parted with my hard cash for my phone and I expect it to work , I can buy excuses for a lot less at any street corner.
    If manufacturers put out incomplete software they do not deserve customers,but I expect it will be ok
    Oh and to help you with your issue.

Are you running a official OS or is it a leaked version?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:43 PM
    Because bridge designers and builders always built 100% reliable and functional bridges...

11-11-13 08:44 PM
    In the OP's defense, he doesn't know what sideloading is, or even how to update his software to 10.2 as a leak. He is waiting on the OTA, as he should.

That said, iOS is one of the oldest OS's out there, and I still have more bugs on it than BlackBerry 10.2. So it's relative for me. And so far no issues whatsoever. But I don't sideload and am running the same OS leak that other coutires are pushing as official.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:52 PM
    Originally Posted by MrGLlenn " Not that I disagree with your sentiment, but about your metaphor:
    I am pretty sure bridges also needed at least 2 or 3 major overhauls before people could actually rely on them being safe and stable without further improvements.
    To be Honest you would be shocked if you saw some of the "mess ups" that go on in civil engineering and construction.

However in those cases the supplier does not get paid ,[ I failed to include that point] until the job is right and penalty clauses can wipe out profit very quickly.

However with such as software/OS we have already parted with our cash so have a right to expect it to be 100%, out the box , turn it on Bingo! I am not individually criticizing BB on this because it is common practice.

As I said I paid cash and expect it to be virtually perfect ,we all accept the odd glitch but if manufacturers had to wait for the final 30%* of payment until the software had proven that it works as happens with heavy construction things would be very different.
    [* 30% being a figure to represent a varying amount but not unrealistic]

My initial posting may not have been clear enough as I tried to over simplify it.

Added official version loaded in Indonesia and no side loaded apps , I use for communication and media ,, I don't need an app to tell me when to go to the toilet
    I am not making a big issue of the glitch which may have been because the other user was on a iphone but if my Z10 doesn't work 100%it goes and I will go back to OS7
    Last edited by wafiwanders; 11-11-13 at 09:14 PM. Reason: NOTE added
    11-11-13 08:59 PM
    So yeah, my SoxFan remark was meant to be ironical. He loves to make baiting topics, and I was trying to change the direction.
    ...Also, this isn't a positive thread; read the title again...

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-11-13 09:02 PM
    So yeah, my SoxFan remark was meant to be ironical. He loves to make baiting topics, and I was trying to change the direction.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Should have tagged that post with /s, lol
    11-11-13 09:08 PM
    Nah, you were clear enough, but I did not know about the payment clause. For tech industry "try first, pay when satisfied" probably will not work, but you always have the option for a refund if the device is really 'broken'.
    And BB10 is far from a broken product, even on 10.1 I only had a few of the issues most had. And again they were mostly due to improper use of the device.
    Imo on of the big reasons they now put so many tutorials hidden in the OS.
    My initial posting may not have been clear enough as I tried to over simplify it.
    I can not tag my posts anymore must be a 10.2 bug, game-breaking! /s
    Should have tagged that post with /s, lol

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-11-13 09:12 PM
46 12