Hello everyone, i have this problem with my one month old BB Q10 (with full official updates and latest OS) and i am experiencing this problem. I am sending SMS and "sent" is confirmed but Delivery has began to not appear, so most of the times i am texting, i am not sure whether the person has received the message or not. I have a friend with an old (not even smartphone) Nokia where i sent him a message and he replied accordingly (which means he got it) but the Delivery icon for my SMS never reached my board. Mostly, i am texting towards iPhone devices, sometimes i have to resend the message to get the icon (Delivered) and in some cases i resend the already sent messages up to 3 times and never get a delivery report. Can anyone advise me on this?

Thank you in advance,
    -Billy

Great job in the rest of the forum by the way
    08-24-14 04:22 PM
    Hi Billy,

First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    ​Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

As to your question... Many OS's have the option for the user receiving the message to specify if they want to allow the delivery info to be relayed to the sender. It's on your device under Hub > overflow menu (3 vertical dots at botton right) > Settings > Text Messages. You'll see the option "Allow Delivery Confirmation" among the options. If you toggle this off, people who send you messages won't know if you've received them. I suspect this is what you're experiencing.
    Hi Billy,

First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    ​Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

As to your question... Many OS's have the option for the user receiving the message to specify if they want to allow the delivery info to be relayed to the sender. It's on your device under Hub > overflow menu (3 vertical dots at botton right) > Settings > Text Messages. You'll see the option "Allow Delivery Confirmation" among the options. If you toggle this off, people who send you messages won't know if you've received them. I suspect this is what you're experiencing.
    08-24-14 04:30 PM
    Thank you for the answer, i updated those info requested. I see, so there might be a delivery report block from the other side. Any way to override this? Or probably not the suitable forum to discuss such a matter?
    08-24-14 04:37 PM
    Sorry, there's no way to override the settings on the other devie. However, many users are not aware of such settings on their devices. If you mention it to them, they may be entirely willing to change them.

For instance, I did "override" my son's by telling him to turn it on! It was part of the deal for getting him a smartphone.
    08-24-14 04:43 PM
    You could simply ask the friends whose phones don't provide feedback to turn this option on - some of them may not realize it's off.

I still have a couple of friends with older flip phones, which don't have the option to provide SMS feedback. I'm grateful they can text at all, haha. So I'm used to not always seeing it. :-)

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    08-24-14 04:46 PM
    Haha, ok, problem solved then i guess. Seems it wasn't a device problem in the first place. Thank you for your feedback.
    Ragbert likes this.
    08-24-14 04:58 PM
    No problem. That's what we do here.
    Ragbert likes this.
    08-24-14 05:00 PM
    From what I was told, the delivery confirmation is if the message is received by the other network, not necessarily that it was received on the person's phone. Is this not the case? Anyone have maybe an article that actually explains the delivery report?
    08-24-14 05:48 PM