My girlfriend has a Samsung Replenish. And, this phone has a full qwerty keyboard and a 2.8" screen. She runs all Full Touch apps just fine such as Instagram and others. So with the x10's 3.1" screen I can see it being optimized allowing us Qwerty guys(and gals) to enjoy and app without much hassle.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-22-13 11:37 PM
    I expect there will be some apps such as a game where the dev has implemented their own ui that choose not to support the smaller rez, but realistically most apps should work just fine and the x10 won't suffer for a lack of apps.
    01-23-13 03:56 AM
    Well I would be "finer" with a 3.5 inch screen when RIM eventually builds such a model and that will be the flagship Keyboard phone. The issue for me is not Apps, it is usable browsing area. The X10 only represents a 10.7 % increase in the browsing area whereas a 3.5 inch screen would give you 25% more area to browse with . A 3.5 " screen is doable with only an increase of 5mm in width - no wider than the most popular phone in the world. Secondly, along with a slightly bigger phone you get a slightly bigger keyboard which can only be a good thing.

I am hoping that when my BB9900's contract runs out that RIM will offer the phone that they should be offering now. It is also possible that the X10 may not sell very well and therefore RIM will not develop new keyboard models that push the envelop. I hope that all you folks who are fine with the 3.1 inch screen buy the X10 to keep the platform going.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-23-13 at 04:00 PM.
    01-23-13 09:59 AM
    I agree with the OP on screen (phone) size. Whither full touch or traditional BB QWERTY, I would prefer a device I can operate one handed. I feel RIM nailed it with the 99xx size/ keyboard balance, it's about as big of a QWERTY device I would want. The X10 gets the advantage of a slightly bigger screen because of the removal of the track pad/ buttons row.
    01-23-13 12:18 PM
    Personally, I'm excited for the phone. (Admittedly, I'm in the minority.) But I can't bring myself to use a keyboardless phone. So we'll see what happens. They are saying that this not the final hardware.
    01-23-13 03:13 PM
    I've always preferred a keyboard BB and prefer using them over the touch screen but the way they've been showing the predictive touch screen has me curious so I'll take a look at both before i make my final decision.
    01-23-13 07:03 PM
    I've always preferred a keyboard BB and prefer using them over the touch screen but the way they've been showing the predictive touch screen has me curious so I'll take a look at both before i make my final decision.
    I can highly recommend taking that approach, I have used qwerty blackberries for over a decade now and would be happy to use the new virtual keyboard on a daily basis because it is that good, whereas in the past I have detested virtual keyboard from rim, apple and android.
    01-24-13 03:57 AM
    Screen size isn't necessarily a deal-breaker for me, because I've got my Playbook just about everywhere I go. If I'm in a situation where I need/want a larger screen, out comes the PB.

I'll probably check out the Z10, if for nothing else, to see if that predictive keyboard is all it's cracked up to be...but at the end of the day, I'll probably defer to the keyboard (X10), assuming the typing experience is at least as good as it is on the 9930 (which did the 'impossible' in converting me over from an all-touch device). If, for whatever reason, it isn't - then I'll have a decision to make. It all comes down to productivity...which is the main reason we all carry BBs over the 'other' devices, right?
    01-24-13 09:26 AM
    I have to say my 9930 is near perfect. I wouldn't mind a 3.5" screen, but is 3.1 a dealbreaker? Not at all. I'm not a diehard qwerty guy, I've owned a Storm 1 and a couple of Android phones, so I will probably check out both models before jumping on either one. I do miss the bigger screen sometimes, but then when I'm typing an email, I can't help but smile at how easy and accurate the 9930 keyboard is, so if the X10's keyboard is as good it will be hard to resist!
    revtech likes this.
    01-24-13 11:54 AM
    Screen size isn't necessarily a deal-breaker for me, because I've got my Playbook just about everywhere I go. If I'm in a situation where I need/want a larger screen, out comes the PB.

I'll probably check out the Z10, if for nothing else, to see if that predictive keyboard is all it's cracked up to be...but at the end of the day, I'll probably defer to the keyboard (X10), assuming the typing experience is at least as good as it is on the 9930 (which did the 'impossible' in converting me over from an all-touch device). If, for whatever reason, it isn't - then I'll have a decision to make. It all comes down to productivity...which is the main reason we all carry BBs over the 'other' devices, right?
    This is exactly my thoughts !!! When I truly need a larger screen the Playbook comes into play even though Rim could squeeze a little more screen size out of it in its current footprint.?
    01-24-13 07:13 PM
    My dream machine has a 3.5 inch screen, trackpad and a physical keyboard. Not happening.
    01-24-13 09:06 PM
    My Bold 9930 is excellent, the small screen has its downfalls but it makes for a very pocketable phone. I love the size of the 9930 and if the X10 has a noticeably updated and bigger screen I will definitely wait for it. If the screen is too small for reading articles online then I will have to get the Z10. But then theirs the oh so awesome full QWERTY...
    01-24-13 10:55 PM
    They actually should have two keyboard models, one big one and one small one (maybe a new flip) for those of us who want to keep the phone in our pocket because of the type of work we do. I do NOT want a larger phone that has to be carried with a holster or it will end up getting left somewhere when it gets in my way.
    lactose likes this.
    01-25-13 06:25 AM
    I am thinking the N series screen will seem big since I am used to the Bold 9650.
    01-25-13 11:27 AM
    My Bold 9930 is excellent, the small screen has its downfalls but it makes for a very pocketable phone. I love the size of the 9930 and if the X10 has a noticeably updated and bigger screen I will definitely wait for it. If the screen is too small for reading articles online then I will have to get the Z10. But then theirs the oh so awesome full QWERTY...
    I have to agree with you. I have a 9930 as well and the screen is the right size to me personally. Though, I can imagine where some people would want a larger screen size, but adding HD to a keyboard phone would be the perfect upgrade.
    01-25-13 01:08 PM
    My concern is that portion of current BB owners ( thinking of NA and Europe ) who prefer the BB, as it is now, will not buy the new model except if they current model breaks. The new OS is not enough for me to replace my BB9900 with a X10. Secondly, the BB9900 is not selling ... is it because folks want a new OS ? Maybe , but probably not. My concern is that RIM didn't push the envelop far enough to entice turnover while attracting new buyers into or back to the fold. Their answer is - go to the Z10 where the virtual keyboard is so much better than we can imagine. I guess I will have to try it.
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    01-25-13 05:13 PM
    My concern is that portion of current BB owners ( thinking of NA and Europe ) who prefer the BB, as it is now, will not buy the new model except if they current model breaks. The new OS is not enough for me to replace my BB9900 with a X10. Secondly, the BB9900 is not selling ... is it because folks want a new OS ? Maybe , but probably not. My concern is that RIM didn't push the envelop far enough to entice turnover while attracting new buyers into or back to the fold. Their answer is - go to the Z10 where the virtual keyboard is so much better than we can imagine. I guess I will have to try it.
    You actually make a really good point. But I would contend that most cell phone owners in NA are in the same boat, and if these phone are expensive people are not going to be breaking contract for the chance at a phone. But I'm intent to get one for myself and a Z10 for my better half, since I convinced her to get a 9860.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-28-13 08:49 AM