I did a security wipe the other day. 40+ hours later its still going. I get the shredder symbol and the wheel is turning but it won't complete and I get no error message. I'm afraid to pull the battery and have it all start over again or cause other problems. I really need my phone back. HELP!!!!!

I was having major lag issues with the phone. Before doing the wipe I downloaded/deleted about 400 pictures, deleted some never used apps (I only use fb and twitter) and old text messages which helped. I thought upgrading to 10.3 would help. Despite all the deletions the phone was telling me I needed to find 3.8gb to upgrade to 10.3 and my Other Data section was saying that my phone was full (15.2 or 15.8/16gb used). BB Link was telling me I had plenty of space however. Searching online I found the only fix was a security wipe. Now I'm kicking myself for doing it! Please, please help me get the phone working again!!
    04-09-15 07:48 AM
    Phone fixed! I pulled the battery again then connected to my pc. I got a bb10-0015 error. I then installed the os from the bb website and restored my backup. What a PITA!!!!
    if you had done some reading before you tried the update, you would have seen this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-998926/

its a known issue and there may be a way to improve the situation. You need to follow the link in this thread and see if you can bring your phone back. I would remove the battery and try again....knowing that you are going to need to reload an OS anyway. If you don't have a back up you will lose everything.
    04-09-15 07:51 AM
    What device?

You can try a battery pull to see if it revives it. Otherwise you will have to reload the OS

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    04-09-15 07:51 AM
    I pulled the battery for about a minute. When i put it back in the screen was blank. I reconnected to the wall charger and got the bb logo followed by the shredder symbol again. Did I do things correctly? Should I continue to wait??

Its a Q10 phone.
    04-09-15 08:07 AM
    Yes I wish I had known about that! I did a full backup before doing the security wipe. I've done it on other phones with prior OS and never had an issue.
    04-09-15 08:11 AM
    Phone fixed! I pulled the battery again then connected to my pc. I got a bb10-0015 error. I then installed the os from the bb website and restored my backup. What a PITA!!!!
    04-09-15 11:40 AM
    Yes I wish I had known about that! I did a full backup before doing the security wipe. I've done it on other phones with prior OS and never had an issue.
    Thank goodness you did a back up, at least you didn't lose your data.

Connect your device to your PC and see if link will find the device and try to reload your OS via link

04-09-15 11:40 AM
    There we go!!

Sorry for the delay...was out for breakfast

Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-09-15 11:41 AM
    Maybe your should try SIC Mutiwipe

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 03:25 AM
    I'm not sure why people recommend a security wipe in these cases. In fact the only time I recommend a security wipe as the first step is when it is automatically triggered by a security feature, BES or Protect. In a lot of ways using security wipe in cases like this is like taking a nuclear weapon to a knife fight. You may win in the end, but you won't like the aftermath.

If you are going to use the phone again and want to do an upgrade these are the steps I suggest:

Do a backup, always do a backup.

Install an auto loader of the version you want if you can get it, an earlier version if you can't.

If you are fixated on doing a security wipe, or are giving or selling the phone do a security wipe now. It will go quite quickly because storage is very organized at this point.

Install your target os, if the auto loader wasn't what you want.

Install any applications you can from BlackBerry World or other sources. This may get you versions that would not work on your previous OS.

Restore the backup completely or partially.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    04-11-15 01:29 PM
    Totally agree. Reloading an OS is a much quicker and effective method to release all device storage space to the OS regardless of how they were previously assigned. Do a security wipe only if you don't want someone finding out information currently or previously stored on your device.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 07:04 PM