The only real part of that dev phone is the screen, the rest won't see a consumers hand, only a developers hand. RIM is hiding this thing better then I've ever seen before, and we'll see it on January 30th.
    If you think this then I fear you are in for a nasty shock on the 30th when this bb10 evolution of the 9900 does turn out to be the qwerty model.
    Bbnivende and KasukeSadiki like this.
    01-19-13 11:06 AM
    I think you are correct.
    01-19-13 11:56 AM
    Sorry... somehow I was under the impression that there was a "virtual trackpad" ,,, there is no trackpad ,therefore the usable screen goes up from 2.8 to I presume 3.1 inches or as our friend would say 90% of the Iphone 4. ( still would be nice if the X10 matched the Iphone 4... that would have been a great selling point).
    01-19-13 02:50 PM
    You guys are going back and forth and the answer is simple. We've seen the X10 in one shape or another. On January 30th, RIM is going to show "some kind" of device and say: "This is the QWERTY BB10 device!" and it will look like one of the QWERTY leaked images we've already seen.
    Skeevecr likes this.
    01-19-13 04:07 PM
    9900 vs 10? Which one in terms of appearance?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using the CrackBerry Forums app
    01-19-13 10:15 PM

Only your eye can decide which you think looks better, and whether appearance is truly important when choosing a smartphone.
    01-20-13 10:50 AM

Bold 9900 vs a device we have sure facts, bunch of high-def pictures vs an unknown, unfinished device pictured by Mr. Blurrycam

Great comparison.
    austriker likes this.
    01-20-13 10:54 AM
    Well it doesnt look like a phone people should be waiting almost 2 years for , does it?
    Well the development time was for BB10, not for the hardware.

And how SHOULD a full qwerty blackberry released today look? And don't give me 'like the Justice!', all of the realistic concept phones look almost exactly like that, just with bigger screens than could feasibly be on a device that size.
    01-20-13 09:41 PM
    Well the development time was for BB10, not for the hardware.

And how SHOULD a full qwerty blackberry released today look? And don't give me 'like the Justice!', all of the realistic concept phones look almost exactly like that, just with bigger screens than could feasibly be on a device that size.
    It should look, "like the Justice". I'm sorry you are one of the people here that think just because what we have seen was a mere picture of a concept phone and it could never work but I completly disagree. That phone has a more modern fresh look then any leaked images of what we have seen so far. Engineers from a company like Rim could get any concept working,'I'm not buying into the whole balanced scenario either, That phone doesnt appear so out of the realm it would cause comfort in using issues. What we have seen is a revamped 9900, so basically more of the same. Not here to argue, just my opinion and its shared by some and disputed by some. What we have seen is not my taste. I'm still hopefull for a slider, if not it will be the all touch. Either way it will still be a Blackberry, I am a long time user and fan.
    Last edited by rottonj; 01-21-13 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    anon(5506951) and Desifly like this.
    01-21-13 06:57 AM
    Even if you ignore the ergonomic issues, I personally don't think that the tk victory is that special that it merits the ludicrous hyperbole from people on here such as calling the n-series an ugly pos in a thread topic.
    ladeberry likes this.
    01-21-13 09:09 AM
    Even if you ignore the ergonomic issues, I personally don't think that the tk victory is that special that it merits the ludicrous hyperbole from people on here such as calling the n-series an ugly pos in a thread topic.
    I agree with that, its not ugly really. Just doesnt look as cool as the concept phone thats all.
    01-21-13 09:19 AM
    Well it is to me - function over form. I hope the X10 is not the flagship Qwerty model . The battery should last all day under heavy use. The screen size should have been 3.5 inches. Has to feel and look like a quality phone (see Iphone ) . You can't get the feel and quality impression from a picture.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-21-13 at 04:04 PM.
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    01-21-13 10:07 AM
    Folks don't we know that the screen will be square. The only way to get more screen space is to make the device wider. So the looks of the device is irrelevant. What is relevant is the size of the square screen. Device should be as thin as the Z10 and be at least 71 mm wide.
    Umm. . . I hate to break this to you . . But yes we do. Rim confirmed quite a long while ago that the displays were 720 x 720 . . . And that it was pretty well set in stone.
    01-25-13 11:52 AM
    Umm. . . I hate to break this to you . . But yes we do. Rim confirmed quite a long while ago that the displays were 720 x 720 . . . And that it was pretty well set in stone.

Sorry, I should have said: "Folk's we know that the screen will be square."
    01-25-13 05:38 PM

I can't tolerate the 9810's slowness anymore and will probably grab the Xperia Z or if long enough an Intel Soc phone if they catch up to ARM.

Sony seems to be coming back as the 'sexy'. They were like that many years ago, around the time RIM was too, maybe things come together?
    I like the new Sony phones but its not BB10, a real future OS. Android needs help and people know it. TK Justice looks better than the victory. They will up the the keyboard design later. For now something had to be a little rushed and it had to be the most forgiving area, keyboard hardware. Makes sense to me.
    01-26-13 09:42 PM
    I like the new Sony phones but its not BB10, a real future OS. Android needs help and people know it. TK Justice looks better than the victory. They will up the the keyboard design later. For now something had to be a little rushed and it had to be the most forgiving area, keyboard hardware. Makes sense to me.
    If they had to rush for a phone people have waited two years for I would hate to see the finished product on one with a real world deadline. They had plenty of time to get this phone right. and Rim thinks it is right. We will see soon what comes out.
    Last edited by rottonj; 01-27-13 at 08:18 AM.
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    01-27-13 06:25 AM
    After looking at the pics I have to agree with the OP. Dumping the iconic curved keyboard lends nothing to functionality and makes the phone plain ugly. I hope this is just a final development unit and we have not seen the actual devices that are going to ship...
    There's no reason they couldn't have made it with a 3.5" screen.
    Actually, there is: if you try to stuff that much phone in your pocket, it will seriously impair your ability to bend and do work, and greatly increase the odds of the phone being damaged by heavy objects pressing on your pants (front pocket) or from being sat on (back pocket).
    01-27-13 12:48 PM
    Need to unsubscribe from this thread, lol. Too much craziness about the TK design being top heavy, size of the device too big, lol... Wow! Guess no ones seen a slider-Torch or held an iPhone before.

Sent from an Unkown Device using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 01:18 PM
    After looking at the pics I have to agree with the OP. Dumping the iconic curved keyboard lends nothing to functionality and makes the phone plain ugly. I hope this is just a final development unit and we have not seen the actual devices that are going to ship...

Actually, there is: if you try to stuff that much phone in your pocket, it will seriously impair your ability to bend and do work, and greatly increase the odds of the phone being damaged by heavy objects pressing on your pants (front pocket) or from being sat on (back pocket).
    Sorry ... not trying to pick a fight but I have no problem is using a BB9900 contained in a OEM pouch in my front pocket . Besides If that was an issue why wouldn't you use a holster ? Just about every young adult in the western world keeps their phone in their pocket . If I had a smaller phone I think I would lose it.
    01-27-13 01:24 PM
    Sorry, I should have said: "Folk's we know that the screen will be square."
    O my goodness I'm sorry, I just happened to check this and must have had a dyslexic moment; what you said was fine . . How embarrassing
    01-27-13 07:26 PM
    I think the TK Victory is flat out UGLY... The X10 looks a lot better. The back of it is obviously not going to be the production phone but the rest is quintessential BlackBerry design. Love it. Not sure why people think it's so ugly... Besides, how can one have an opinion when the phone hasn't even been released yet?
    01-27-13 10:15 PM
    That is why all guys want to have superpowers or girls want to have bodies that aren't attainable.

Anyway, there will most likely be 2 or 3 strong phones and then 3 weaker, entry level phones.
    Um, I know a lot of girls who love who big their bums are; and not all guys want superpowers, they could be super-men already. :O

I wast thinking more like, bold (x10), z10 (mid level touch), curve touch and type, aristo (quad phone), and torch.
    1. Rim isn't here to surprise you GunzRx

2. when a girl doesn't do your bidding or a company doesn't make a device you never told them about.

Anyway 3. The whole point of BB is functionality, substance over style. Things have to work and feel amazing, more so than look it.

If you want a huge touch screen, go for the, I dunno...what's it called, full touch device?

If you want to use a near flawless keyboard, that like a good belt or dress shoe, seems to become better over a few years, get the new bold aka N series. Would 7 extra mm of screen real estate make a difference? Would you care, if the phone isn't properly balanced in your hand or if the keyboard is cramped in anyway?

4. As stated multiple times, you have yet to see the final device, and if it was, you didn't see it in real life nor high resolution. Also, the back is the most useless part of a phone visually. I could show you the back of a handful of phones and you probably couldn't tell them apart. What you really should talk about is; ease of taking out SIM/micro sd card/battery, sturdiness of the back, durability of the phone, (BB's are engineered like cars, the "crumple zone" is the back, leaving the main parts safe) the grip (the iphone is a great example of style (glass backing) over substance (how do I hold or set this phone down without it sliding)

5. And yes, things are coming together, in fact, they have been doing just that for over a year. So, I am sure with time you will be amazed personally.
    1. Everyone is supposed to surprise me. :P
    2. Idk bout that..
    3. Yea, but I also want RIM to be successful in the consumer market where looks do matter. I just don't want to give up a keyboard but also not feel like I'm giving up the experience of a touch-screen which IMO on a small screen now-days doesnt cut it. You need a 3.5"+ screen to get anywhere which is why I liked the torch was just hoping they could inch out a bit more. 7mm is relative make a phone that much thicker watch people wile out.

4. I know the back is usefull but compared to the bold 9900 it looked like crap (I know it's dev).
    5. It's still a phone, I'm concerned because I do a lot of data entry but I like touch screens I was going to keep my torch for the kb and grab a z10 but might be too much. In the end, I'll probably see how good the bb10 touch kb is and get used to typing on glass until the torch comes out and even then.. Mayb.

I think the TK Victory is flat out UGLY... The X10 looks a lot better. The back of it is obviously not going to be the production phone but the rest is quintessential BlackBerry design. Love it. Not sure why people think it's so ugly... Besides, how can one have an opinion when the phone hasn't even been released yet?
    I just did.

Shouldn't have made this thread.

HBd in 2 days RIM.

U guys deserve it.
    01-28-13 01:49 AM
    The same way you just gave an opinion that you love it. Opinions vary, as we can see. We will know soon enough
    01-28-13 07:45 AM
    BlackBerry N10 photos bring sexy back to physical keyboards | CrackBerry.com

Close thread, RIMs version looks better.

F full touch, I knew I didn't have to leave my full keyboard.

01-28-13 05:31 PM
    TK Victory concepts are not coming to real life. You can't be mad at RIM for it. RIM has teams just to design each phone, let's trust their design rather than somebody with Photoshop skills. Have RIM failed us before with previous phone designs? No, so why complain now?
    01-28-13 06:54 PM
101 ... 2345