I'm starting to wish that designer had never made those TK concepts as they appear to have done more harm than good, they have set peoples expectations WAY too high.
    Masahiro and BergerKing like this.
    01-13-13 12:16 PM
    Is the TK Justice a real future model?
    Nope, it is just some random concept that looks nice enough, but does not have to abide by actual technical considerations so can do things like putting in a too tall display etc.
    Masahiro and BergerKing like this.
    01-13-13 03:13 PM
    I seem to be the only fan of this mock up then. Love it, actually.
    01-13-13 04:20 PM
    I'm starting to wish that designer had never made those TK concepts as they appear to have done more harm than good, they have set peoples expectations WAY too high.
    Are you referring to design or specs?

If the design is considered "WAY too high" then I hope RIM/BlackBerry aren't thinking the same way...
    01-13-13 05:28 PM
    Other than have unrealistically thin bezels and less space under the keyboard, the Victory (and the justice) don't look a whole lot different from the X10 as we've seen it. I mean... They are like a little taller and have a bigger screen... but that's it.

Is that seriously all it takes to make one phone look like trash and another look like epic win ? Seriously... What the **** ? I guess we'd all like a bigger screen in the same space, but sacrifices are made along the way. Particularly since RIM is working with bezel gestures, they gotta have something there to gesture with...

Personally I think the X10 (thus far) looks exactly how I imagined it, and in every important respect looks like it pretty much HAD to look. They've pushed the keyboard to take up as little vertical space as possible (hence not curved) while still retaining a seriously awesome keyboard. The space at the top is comparable to most modern devices. They have to put a speaker, a camera, a light sensor, an LED, and god knows what else into that space you know. The Galaxy S3, iPhone 5 and such all have about the same space. So with those two things in mind, the screen has been pushed to being as big as it realistically can be. You have X vertical space, and Y horizontal space, so the screen can only be X by Y big. The horizontal bezels on the X10 screen don't look that much bigger than on the Galaxy or iPhone either. No-one is yes making phones with bezels as small as the TK phones showed. And since RIM wants active bezels, they weren't going to be the ones to start it.

Basically... What the **** were you expecting ?
    01-13-13 05:56 PM
    we'll see at launch...as i remember : everybody was talking about the ugly l-series(nowz10). But i was clear these where just dev phones.
    So i guess and i believe that those n series are not the real deal!
    No panic ! they made a beatifull z10 (i think and as i read a lot of people do) so why would they mess up with an ugly N-serie ?
    Every sign about the total concept is there , working late , bb link , nice looking z10 , really good work with dev's....
    So i do believe that they will deliver an awesome N-series..

BB on top !
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-14-13 06:42 AM
    i have a friend working with one of the carriers testing bb10 , and when i asked him bout the qwerty version he told me it closely resembles this picWhy the f this ugly POS over the Tk Victory-new-blackberry-10-physical-keyboard.jpg

so all of u mouthing off, should just be patient
    01-14-13 06:44 AM
    i have a friend working with one of the carriers testing bb10 , and when i asked him bout the qwerty version he told me it closely resembles this picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	new-blackberry-10-physical-keyboard.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	131252

I've voiced my displeasure in the past with the look of the device, based on what little we get to see on it and the OS experience. However, when I first saw the above design, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. I doubt that the screen is so big on the final product, though, we'll see. I figure it's a waste of time ******** and moaning until we see whatever the device looks like, in action.I'm in no rush, now. I'm waiting a while, until I know the bugs and kinks are worked out, as I won't rely on the initial batch.
    BergerKing, ladeberry and Mecca EL like this.
    01-14-13 07:41 AM
    I have NEVER bought a phone based on looks alone. It could well be the sexiest piece of kit in existence but if it doesn't work then it doesn't, well, work. I'd rather a company concentrate on the KB's tactile response and the OS over looks and style. I'd rather have a phone that sits comfortably in my hand than one that I have to keep moving due to sharp corners and a back that's too flat. Give me that ugly POS any day over a fancy, styled, ego driven purchase.

Anyone remember the Pontiac Solstice?
    BergerKing and anon(5506951) like this.
    01-14-13 07:54 AM
    Man, I love the victory concept.
    01-14-13 09:26 AM
    Anyone can render a design when you don't have to worry about what's in side for electronic placement of parts. In essence it's only a shell and means nothing. In the real world height, width, etc MATTER. It's a rendered model and nothing more.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    01-14-13 11:49 AM
    Anyone can render a design when you don't have to worry about what's in side for electronic placement of parts. In essence it's only a shell and means nothing. In the real world height, width, etc MATTER. It's a rendered model and nothing more.
    Engineers work from models.Different products come out of concept designs all the time. Are you saying that the engineers from Rim could not get this to work judging from the look of this phone?
    01-14-13 02:00 PM
    "It's ugly!!!"

"No - it looks great ... that's ugly!!!"

Look at you guys acting as though your opinions are 'facts'.
    01-14-13 02:09 PM
    i have a friend working with one of the carriers testing bb10 , and when i asked him bout the qwerty version he told me it closely resembles this picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	new-blackberry-10-physical-keyboard.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	131252

If so, that'd be awesome. Fingers crossed..
    01-14-13 05:16 PM
    Engineers work from models.Different products come out of concept designs all the time. Are you saying that the engineers from Rim could not get this to work judging from the look of this phone?
    The issues with the design would negatively impact the balance and thus the typing on that device, which would seem to be a cardinal sin for a qwerty device because anyone who has willingly accepted the compromise of a smaller screen for the physical keyboard are unlikely to be overly happy if that typing experience is harmed just for the sake of a few more mm of screen.
    darkehawke likes this.
    01-14-13 05:25 PM
    I get that RIM is going for the enterprise market/more business but then why complain when consumers don't want it?

The tk victory on looks alone would have made every Isheep go to a pawnshop and then run to wherever they could find it.

Instead, we have this ugly POS that looks like a bold 9900 but with a back that looks like an old lady's back done in vinyl.

WTF?

Rim better surprise me, I'm looking towards the Z10 otherwise just waiting until I can't tolerate the 9810's slowness anymore and will probably grab the Xperia Z or if long enough an Intel Soc phone if they catch up to ARM.

Sony seems to be coming back as the 'sexy'. They were like that many years ago, around the time RIM was too, maybe things come together?
    1. Rim isn't here to surprise you GunzRx...in fact, no one is. You can only control yourself, not what others do so get used to that in life, that is being disappointed when a girl doesn't do your bidding or a company doesn't make a device you never told them about.

2. The device you are talking about, was never Rim's device, it was a concept by a fan. The autoshow is in full swing here in the D, and for the sake of comparison I will bring up The Homer!

As you can see, the Stingray Corvette looks nothing like that car, why, because GM never thought up The Homer.

Anyway 3. The whole point of BB is functionality, substance over style. Things have to work and feel amazing, more so than look it. If you want a huge touch screen, go for the, I dunno...what's it called, full touch device? If you want to use a near flawless keyboard, that like a good belt or dress shoe, seems to become better over a few years, get the new bold aka N series. Would 7 extra mm of screen real estate make a difference? Would you care, if the phone isn't properly balanced in your hand or if the keyboard is cramped in anyway?

4. As stated multiple times, you have yet to see the final device, and if it was, you didn't see it in real life nor high resolution. Also, the back is the most useless part of a phone visually. I could show you the back of a handful of phones and you probably couldn't tell them apart. What you really should talk about is; ease of taking out SIM/micro sd card/battery, sturdiness of the back, durability of the phone, (BB's are engineered like cars, the "crumple zone" is the back, leaving the main parts safe) the grip (the iphone is a great example of style (glass backing) over substance (how do I hold or set this phone down without it sliding)

5. And yes, things are coming together, in fact, they have been doing just that for over a year. So, I am sure with time you will be amazed personally.
    Attached Thumbnails Why the f this ugly POS over the Tk Victory-hyh.jpg  
    Masahiro, BergerKing and m0de25 like this.
    01-14-13 06:45 PM
    I was a big fan of the TK Justice I must say.
    At any rate, didn't someone say there were going to be "at least six" BB10 devices coming? If you want a qwerty and the new school Bold doesn't cut it there will surely, out of six plus, be more than just this one with a keyboard and a design that you could manage to be satisfied with, though some are never satisfied and even God let alone RIM won't be overcoming that issue anytime soon.
    01-14-13 06:46 PM
    The issues with the design would negatively impact the balance and thus the typing on that device, which would seem to be a cardinal sin for a qwerty device because anyone who has willingly accepted the compromise of a smaller screen for the physical keyboard are unlikely to be overly happy if that typing experience is harmed just for the sake of a few more mm of screen.
    And on a concept device you know this how? The dimensions arnt that all disimmilar to the all touch model when keyboard typing from the looks of both.
    how would balance even come in to play here?
    01-14-13 07:40 PM
    And on a concept device you know this how? The dimensions arnt that all disimmilar to the all touch model when keyboard typing from the looks of both.
    how would balance even come in to play here?
    For the simple reason that on an all-touch display the display fills the length of the device, whereas on a qwerty device you have the lighter keyboard occupying the bottom half of the device so in a taller device the balance of the device would shift further up that device making typing a less comfortable experience.
    ladeberry likes this.
    01-15-13 04:37 AM
    Ok, well that is an interesting answer. I will have to make sure my next phone is balanced before purchasing it.Thanks
    01-15-13 07:28 AM
    Ok, seriously, let's stop this now. I'm a BB person out of necessity for the QWERTY, but this idea that "iSheep" would run to get a BB10... IT'S NOT HAPPENING!! First off, this whole "iSheep" thing is juvenile, for one. Why people bother wasting their time with the name calling is beyond me. Why should ANYONE begrudge someone of what they like, as far as a device is concerned? And for anyone who will say, "oh, I can't stand people who use iPhones, cause they're snobs, and think their ****'s the best." And why SHOULDN'T they? The iPhone is pretty much the STANDARD phone, that gets all the top apps and such, before any other platform. Those that own iPhones have the right to boast, because iOS WORKS. And second, iPhone users could honestly give 2 ****s about BB, or Android, for that matter, seriously. Get it through your heads, people. iOS is THE proven OS at this point, not to mention that Apple has its own FULLY INTEGRATED ecosystem. BB can't even boast that, at this point. And even in that respect, Android has them beat, as well. So, until BB can step up to the proverbial plate and hit a granny out of the park, everyone should shut up. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be excited, but tone it down. And NO, I'm not a so-called "iSheep", either. I'm just a realistic and adult consumer, looking to get the best phone that fits my needs, regardless of what Apple or Android does.
    Last edited by girl_Interrupted513; 01-15-13 at 08:53 PM.
    zeteo likes this.
    01-15-13 06:29 PM
    Too high, the balance looks hopelessly wrong unless all the battery is behind the keyboard. Everyone forgets, it is easy to make a concept rendering when real world parts don't have to fit into the case - and work.
    Obviously you haven't used a Torch 9800/9810.

The balance is just fine with the phone open. I think the TK justice would have been just fine. The thing is too big though to be the "N series/X10"
    jc and Mecca EL like this.
    01-15-13 07:42 PM
    Too high, the balance looks hopelessly wrong unless all the battery is behind the keyboard. Everyone forgets, it is easy to make a concept rendering when real world parts don't have to fit into the case - and work.
    Yes, the Justice looks reminiscent of the Admiral or XPRT, the keyboard looking way too low down. I tried both, found them awkward, then elected to go all-touch because it was a better experience than the keyboarded Androids. I love a physical keyboard, but with haptic, I can get by without it. I will miss the arced BB keyboards.
    01-16-13 12:07 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it until we see the actual release hardware.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    01-16-13 12:31 AM
    Obviously you haven't used a Torch 9800/9810.

The balance is just fine with the phone open. I think the TK justice would have been just fine. The thing is too big though to be the "N series/X10"
    Stop and think about the differences between a Torch and those concepts, a much smaller part of the device (just some of the screen while the base has the battery etc.) is higher on those meaning that once again the balance of the device is not a problem unlike if you simply made a taller non-slider device.
    01-16-13 04:29 AM
101 1234 ...